Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clemson 21 - Kentucky 13 (Gaylord Hotel's Music City Bowl)
Final!

i hope Rich Brooks doesn't coach next year because he don't know what he's doing at all. just wonder if Joker will be the same or better than Brooks when he gets there.
brooks didn't help but the fumble inside kentucky's own 30 and 19 yards later a td was what killed uk
Strikeout King Wrote:Final!

i hope Rich Brooks doesn't coach next year because he don't know what he's doing at all. just wonder if Joker will be the same or better than Brooks when he gets there.

What are you talking about? Do you not realize that Rich Brooks just took one of the most insignificant football programs in the country and made them a legitimately competitive team in the toughest conference in NCAA sports? Obviously you either did not watch much football at Kentucky over the last few years or just didn't understand what you were watching at all.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:What are you talking about? Do you not realize that Rich Brooks just took one of the most insignificant football programs in the country and made them a legitimately competitive team in the toughest conference in NCAA sports? Obviously you either did not watch much football at Kentucky over the last few years or just didn't understand what you were watching at all.

i watched them each year go 7-7, 7-6, 7-5 and so on and 2-5, 3-5 in the SEC. i will give him credit he did win 3 straight bowl games with UK, but that's all he's got to show for what he did at UK. and most of those wins were against Cupcake Teams or Vanderbilt.
Strikeout King Wrote:i watched them each year go 7-7, 7-6, 7-5 and so on and 2-5, 3-5 in the SEC. i will give him credit he did win 3 straight bowl games with UK, but that's all he's got to show for what he did at UK. and most of those wins were against Cupcake Teams or Vanderbilt.

They had two 8 win seasons and never lost 7 games in a year over this bowl streak so obviously you didn't follow them that well. And I would hardly call two wins against Georgia including one on the road, a win against Florida State, A win against a top ten Louisville team, a win against the number 1 team in the nation and eventual national champion LSU, and a number of road wins in the SEC "cupcake victories"
So obviously you do not understand or realize just what Kentucky and Rich Brooks have accomplished in his time at UK
Brooks4Prez Wrote:They had two 8 win seasons and never lost 7 games in a year over this bowl streak so obviously you didn't follow them that well. And I would hardly call two wins against Georgia including one on the road, a win against Florida State, A win against a top ten Louisville team, a win against the number 1 team in the nation and eventual national champion LSU, and a number of road wins in the SEC "cupcake victories"
So obviously you do not understand or realize just what Kentucky and Rich Brooks have accomplished in his time at UK

i meant to say "i watched them for years" not year ago or years ago. i wasn't talking about them losing 7 games over this Bowl Win Streak. since Rich Brooks was hired as UK head Coach (2003), they are overall 39-47 (14-40) vs. Lousivlle 3-4. i will give him credit he did take UK to 4 Straight Bowl Games, but i just don't like him, he has made some pretty stupid decisions. i know Joker is the Offense Coordinator and calls the offense but if its a play that Brooks don't like he should call in another play.

You gotta be kidding me. UK is not a program that the experts would say is easily build up. Coach Brooks has taken us to 4 straight bowls, a school record. I love going to a bowl game every year and the recruits are steadily getting better each year. Its much better than winning 2-3 games a year.
Aslan Wrote:You gotta be kidding me. UK is not a program that the experts would say is easily build up. Coach Brooks has taken us to 4 straight bowls, a school record. I love going to a bowl game every year and the recruits are steadily getting better each year. Its much better than winning 2-3 games a year.

i agree that he has taken us to 4 straight bowl games and the recruits are getting better, but he makes some stupid play calling, like i said i know Joker is the offense coordinator but if he calls a play that Brooks don't like then Brooks should tell him to pick another play
Strikeout King Wrote:i meant to say "i watched them for years" not year ago or years ago. i wasn't talking about them losing 7 games over this Bowl Win Streak. since Rich Brooks was hired as UK head Coach (2003), they are overall 39-47 (14-40) vs. Lousivlle 3-4. i will give him credit he did take UK to 4 Straight Bowl Games, but i just don't like him, he has made some pretty stupid decisions. i know Joker is the Offense Coordinator and calls the offense but if its a play that Brooks don't like he should call in another play.

What play would you recommend they run instead of one that he let Joker call tonight Coach?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:What play would you recommend they run instead of one that he let Joker call tonight Coach?

i wasn't talking about just tonight if you had paid attention to UK over the past several years they would have won more games then they did. like earlier in the year where he done that fake field go run and got stopped behind the line of scrimmage.
I do think we need to be more aggressive with the play calling and loosen the lease on Morgan and take some chances to give ourselfs a chance to win.
Aslan Wrote:I do think we need to be more aggressive with the play calling and loosen the lease on Morgan and take some chances to give ourselfs a chance to win.

Agreed.
Talking about the game:

TOO much CJ Spiller, not enough Cats passing game.
Strikeout King Wrote:i wasn't talking about just tonight if you had paid attention to UK over the past several years they would have won more games then they did. like earlier in the year where he done that fake field go run and got stopped behind the line of scrimmage.

I think I finally deciphered your post. It is easy to say you could have run a different play after you see the result. That is all I can say because your post makes no sense and is almost impossible to understand. What is a field go?
lwc Wrote:Talking about the game:

TOO much CJ Spiller, not enough Cats passing game.

? Really? Were we watching the same game Spiller only had 28 rushing yards up untill the last drive.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I think I finally deciphered your post. It is easy to say you could have run a different play after you see the result. That is all I can say because your post makes no sense and is almost impossible to understand. What is a field go?

i don't have nothing against you or Coach Brooks i just think that if he had done better play calling UK could have won more games, thats all i was trying to say. its Field Goal.
C.J. Spiller (68 rushing yards, 57 receiving yards, TD) had a touchdown for the 14th straight game, setting the school record.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=293610228
Strikeout King Wrote:i don't have nothing against you or Coach Brooks i just think that if he had done better play calling UK could have won more games, thats all i was trying to say. its Field Goal.

I'm just asking for specific examples because I am very curious as to whether or not you have an argument that makes any sense at all
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I'm just asking for specific examples because I am very curious as to whether or not you have an argument that makes any sense at all

The Fake Field Goal earlier in the season, Not Going for it on 4 & 1 on some plays.
Strikeout King Wrote:The Fake Field Goal earlier in the season, Not Going for it on 4 & 1 on some plays.

If you are not between the opponent's 30 and 35 yard line you should never go for it on fourth down whether it works or not.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:If you are not between the opponent's 30 and 35 yard line you should never go for it on fourth down whether it works or not.

Unless, of course time and score dictate otherwise
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:? Really? Were we watching the same game Spiller only had 28 rushing yards up untill the last drive.

The last drive sealed the game, it was VITAL to a game in which only 4 TD's were scored and one of them was on a 20 or 30 yard drive....in which CJ Spiller scored the TD :biggrin:
Brooks4Prez Wrote:If you are not between the opponent's 30 and 35 yard line you should never go for it on fourth down whether it works or not.

Brooks4Prez Wrote:Unless, of course time and score dictate otherwise

i agree but i would have taken some shots at going for it if it was on the 40 or even maybe the 50, just as long its 4 & 1 or 4 & inches.
Strikeout King Wrote:i agree but i would have taken some shots at going for it if it was on the 40 or even maybe the 50, just as long its 4 & 1 or 4 & inches.

I did disagree with lining up in shotgun on the 4th and two attempt but then again they never got the play off because of the penalty so who knows
lwc Wrote:The last drive sealed the game, it was VITAL to a game in which only 4 TD's were scored and one of them was on a 20 or 30 yard drive....in which CJ Spiller scored the TD :biggrin:

Again, CREDIT goes to Clemson on THEIR final drive. You have to remember, they got the ball (after the failed 4th and 9 run by Newton) with about 5:00 remaining and deep in their own territory.

You have to remember, they had a holding call on #74 that made it 1st and 20. Spiller converted that on 2 plays. The turnover earlier was probably the biggest swing in the game, but this series itself sealed it.
lwc Wrote:The last drive sealed the game, it was VITAL to a game in which only 4 TD's were scored and one of them was on a 20 or 30 yard drive....in which CJ Spiller scored the TD :biggrin:

while I partialy agree I still think we bottled Spiller up...He really didnt hurt us at all except for the one big reception he had which should have been a recovered fumble if Cobb falls on it rather than going for the scoop. His avg per carry up untill the last drive was 3 yds, 3 yds short of his season avg. The player in my eyes that killed us was Parker (even though he only had 8 completions) and Harper. If you take away the cut back lane on Harper this game turns out differently IMO. We held Spiller to a season low just an FYI
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:while I partialy agree I still think we bottled Spiller up...He really didnt hurt us at all except for the one big reception he had which should have been a recovered fumble if Cobb falls on it rather than going for the scoop. His avg per carry up untill the last drive was 3 yds, 3 yds short of his season avg. The player in my eyes that killed us was Parker (even though he only had 8 completions) and Harper. If you take away the cut back lane on Harper this game turns out differently IMO. We held Spiller to a season low just an FYI

Harper's ability to escape pressure (what little UK put on him) and some timely throws/runs were backbreakers.
I thought Newton played his best game of the year with a couple of very big drops by his recievers. I still do not feel good about the quarterback position unless Mosakowski is the stud I hear he is

Are you crazy? This is the coach that just brought UK to 4 strait bowl games! He was named the SEC coach of the year. Go back to what UK was before Brooks, and see what he has done. I hope he coaches as long as he is able, and so should most of Big Blue Nation.

Now a couple of timeouts were questionable, however. But the defense played very well. Offense struggled, but that's to be expected when developing a freshman QB. You have to understand that the frustrating conservative playcalls are because Newton is still a freshman and not quite developed enough for another style yet.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Harper's ability to escape pressure (what little UK put on him) and some timely throws/runs were backbreakers.
I thought Newton played his best game of the year with a couple of very big drops by his recievers. I still do not feel good about the quarterback position unless Mosakowski is the stud I hear he is

Newton was a 5 star recruit. Give him some time, he's shown a lot of potential.
BTW, I'm a die-hard UK fan, but Clemson was a better team than us this year.