Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 76 - Betsy Layne 53
Like I said in an earlier post I'm neither for BL or SV or any other school for that matter. I just enjoy watching the game. But its as simple as this people from Valley will uphold for Valley and see no error within them. People from BL will uphold for BL and make us excuses for their errors or loses.

Congrats to Justice on going to l'ville. As I also said earlier I wish him the best of luck and I hope that he makes the 15th region proud. Good luck to both teams!
Good game by Valley. 23 point win is about right in my opinion. Does anyone know about the Valley Pike Central game?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Good game by Valley. 23 point win is about right in my opinion. Does anyone know about the Valley Pike Central game?

It was cancelled, as was the Johnson Central game. I haven't heard anything about a makeup date yet.
I found this on Jody Demling's blog about Elisha's stats from the BL game:

Shelby Valley's Elisha Justice, who is expected to walk-on at Louisville next season, had 25 points, 10 rebounds, eight assists and seven steals in a 76-53 win over Betsy Layne.
set09 Wrote:Neither team played well.
Yes Justice had 25 points but it is possible that he maybe a bit over rated and I must agree he does get by with A LOT of reaching in/fouls. Don't get me wrong he's a good player, but he's no D1 player.
Tackett from BL played great defense.
Martin from BL played a good game.
Newsome (#15) from SV played a good game as well.
The rest of BL team acted as if they could care less. What happen to Newman?? We seen what he could do at South Floyd!! I just don't understand.
SV is a good team and maybe it will be tough to beat them in the 15th region, but lets be real people their not the team everyone says they are.

Shelby Valley is for real...make no mistake about it...a bad game and winning by 20+ on the road...not a bad night...
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Definitely! I was in Lexington at the KBA Middle School State Tournament and had to get the play by play via cellphone. Very nervous times at the end of that game.

If I recall correctly Perry lead most the game but couldnt hold Valley off in the end. It would have been nice to end there 50 some home winning streak Big Grin. But Valley has a **** of a team and will be the favorites against Perry as they should be, but it will be a good game! :thumpsup:
set09 Wrote:Like I said in an earlier post I'm neither for BL or SV or any other school for that matter. I just enjoy watching the game. But its as simple as this people from Valley will uphold for Valley and see no error within them. People from BL will uphold for BL and make us excuses for their errors or loses.

Congrats to Justice on going to l'ville. As I also said earlier I wish him the best of luck and I hope that he makes the 15th region proud. Good luck to both teams!

Amen
bballfan12 Wrote:i wasnt impressed with the wildcats play...i have watched both them and knott county plenty of times....KCC is a 10-15 point better team then them
Please tell me you are just joking or that you are just such a big fan of KCC that you want to believe this? Dont get me wrong KCC is a great team this year and the duo of Stamper and Cox are tough to handle but they arent better than Valley who is the best team in the mountains. I would love to see KCC go out and win the 14th this year though.
Funny thing from this game. Elisha Justice comes away from the game just a few stats shy of a quadruple-double and people weren't impressed with Shelby Valley's play.
Valley has earned everything they have got..They have one of the best PG's in the state..I dont know why in the world anybody would want to get on here and say that junk..And EJ has earned it all too..One of the contenders for Mr.Basketball..And how are they over rated??..Sounds to me like someone is jealous..Or have been watching a different team besides valley all year long..And they aint All "A" State Champions for nothing..I think that is pretty darn good to be a mountain team...I dont know why everyone wants to dis valley.
phil ivey Wrote:wont come within 30? would u like to make a wager on that? sv is nothing like they were last year i really expect them to lose in the region this year. they are just flat out over rated and so is ej . nathan martin is a great player one of the best in the region he played huge tonite if anyone would have helped him out at all this would have been a close game. i know ej is a good player and all but come on 15th region refs lets call a reach in on him once in a while he gets away with murder
this is so funny...i have watched both martin and justice play...martin is no where close to justice...justice is one of the best players i seen come out of ky....
Allright Wrote:Neither is BL's guards and also Newsome and Hatfelid is very good player twice the player Martin is.:flame:
omg this is so funny...ha ha ha...couldnt stop martin...from what i saw on tv ...martin had no control of the ball against valley.
The King Wrote:Army, Jacksonville, Louisville, and EKU seem to disagree... I'm going out on a limb and accepting their opinion over your's...
i agree...hes had several different coaches wanting him...whats that tell ya...hes is absolutely awesome...he is the quickest player ive ever watched...
set09 Wrote:With all do respect... Justice is talented, but he's not the best point guard to every come out of this region. Slone from Paintsville was awesome. Shawn Newsome from AC averaged 36-38 points PER GAME!!! These boys aren't even heard of any more.

Justice is going to L'ville...but lets set it straight..HE IS A WALK ON..Pinito wouldn't even have known who he was if he hadn't went to L'ville as a WALK ON. A lot of kids go to these D1 schools, but their playing time is very slim, if any!

But again I do respect the kid because he puts his heart into each game. He carries his team well and seems to be smart with the ball. No disrespect towards him. I hope his career is wonderful at U-of-L. Go luck to him and the wildcats.
omg...this is how much u know ...pitino came all the way to shelby valleys gym during practice time to watch justice...i dont understand why ppl r so jealous of him...why dont ppl support kids like himm.....
Are people seriously complaining about a 23 point win?
the ville 4 Wrote:omg...this is how much u know ...pitino came all the way to shelby valleys gym during practice time to watch justice...i dont understand why ppl r so jealous of him...why dont ppl support kids like himm.....
People are just tired of hearing it and some just want to down his efforts no matter how good he (EJ) does. alot a people get a kick outa pullin people's strings just to see what happens and what's said.:argue:
Why cut the Martin kid up ? Time for a close I'd say.
If the mighty strong Valley cats are so strong why dont they ever back off the press and play? Is this a weakness if they don't have the refs help letting them away with all the fouls during this press, and then they can make those hard lay-ups! WOW! talented.:flame::flame:
tellme1 Wrote:If the mighty strong Valley cats are so strong why dont they ever back off the press and play? Is this a weakness if they don't have the refs help letting them away with all the fouls during this press, and then they can make those hard lay-ups! WOW! talented.:flame::flame:

It's easy to hate when your team's on the bottom isn't it?
tellme1 Wrote:If the mighty strong Valley cats are so strong why dont they ever back off the press and play? Is this a weakness if they don't have the refs help letting them away with all the fouls during this press, and then they can make those hard lay-ups! WOW! talented.:flame::flame:
Now that's intelligent.:thatsfunn

:igiveup:
Time to move on folks.