Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seneca 103 Knott Co Central 51
Final in the King of the Bluegrass. Never was a game. Welcome to the 7th Region!
O u c h ! ! ! ! !
WOW! This does not bold well for the 14th region. From what I heard, Knott got killed on the boards and obviously didnt play no defense by giving up 103 points. That's why I don't think Knott will win the 14th, lack of rebounding and defense. Hopefully they turn it around in this tourney.
Butt kickin
The Redhawks are extremely athletic, quick and well coached. Coach Sergeant and staff prepare his team well and they are usually disciplined.
Wow, to double score a team I thought was pretty darn good means Seneca is loaded. Congratulations.
goodguy Wrote:Final in the King of the Bluegrass. Never was a game. Welcome to the 7th Region!

True dat...As good as Seneca is, they are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the 7th region.

I realize this is primarily an EKY site, but this game shows why a lot of people outside of EKY aren't exactly too high on the top teams discussed on here from that area.

I personally was impressed with KCC last night and thought they might give Seneca a game but I guess I gave them a little too much credit.

KCC will play the loser of the Eastern/Shelby Co game on Monday at 6....could be a similar result as this one.
Augie Garrido Wrote:The Redhawks are extremely athletic, quick and well coached. Coach Sergeant and staff prepare his team well and they are usually disciplined.

Yes they are. Seneca is very underrated.

I said last year after seeing them in the Lloyd Invitational that people from Louisville were sleeping on them big time and that the Redhawks would be a force this year.

To KCC's credit, they lost to an extremely good team tonight.

McElwain is a legit low-mid major D1 prospect, IMO.
Seneca 103, Knott County Central 51 - Seneca opened their quarterfinal game on fire taking a 6-0 lead to keep their Cinderella run alive. The Redhawks never looked back as they pushed their lead to 18-8 by the end of the first quarter and led by as many as 28 points in the opening half of play. It took Knott Co. Central nearly two minutes into the second half to score their first basket as Seneca continued to expand their lead which reached 39 points in the third quarter following a pair of free throws by Walter Alexander. The Redhawks topped the 100 point mark with a dunk by Mike Fluellen to push Seneca's lead to 50 points. Seneca was led by the trio of Kevin Shaw, Aaron Nance, and Jordan Jacobs with 16 points apiece. The Patriots were led by Stuart Stamper with a game-high 22 points. Seneca's

Aaron Nance was named the Gatorade/Five-Star Basketball Star of the Game.

Link
WOW!!! Didn't see this coming. I guess Knott County is a mortal team of mortal men lol...

Who does Knott play next?
hs athletics fan Wrote:WOW!!! Didn't see this coming. I guess Knott County is a mortal team of mortal men lol...

Who does Knott play next?

Knott plays the loser of the Eastern/Shelby Co game. Might be another long night for the Patriots.
I can't believe there are no KCC fans on here bashing Seneca for running the score up on them. Karma is a... well everyone knows what karma is. Somehow I think JBS and Jenkins may be smiling after seeing this score.
Wow!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

They must have just rolled over and took it! Sounds like no defense at all for the to give up 100+ points. Whens the last time KCC got beat this bad???
Wow!

To be honest I would take Seneca on any given night versus Knott, but I would never expect the Hawks to double up the score.
i figured that seneca would win by double digits but i never dreamed they would double there score. Seneca may be for real.
The 7 th region is just lucky that Shelby Valley is not in that tourney
EasyMoney Wrote:The 7 th region is just lucky that Shelby Valley is not in that tourney

Why would you even post something like this? This thread has nothing to do with Shelby Valley, so let's not turn it into a Shelby Valley thread.

Hopefully no one else responds to your ignorance.
EasyMoney Wrote:The 7 th region is just lucky that Shelby Valley is not in that tourney

This is funny!

Don't see Shelby Valley playing any of the top 7th region teams this year even though they knew coming into the year that they should be good?

Wonder why?

Because they know they would struggle!
I just speak the truth bub.

Teams down there better watch out for the Valley
kryptonite Wrote:I can't believe there are no KCC fans on here bashing Seneca for running the score up on them. Karma is a... well everyone knows what karma is. Somehow I think JBS and Jenkins may be smiling after seeing this score.

Why would we complain? If we don't play like we should and not play to win then we deserve to get beat, by however much it may be.

I do stand by a statement tough that no team in the state is a 50+ point better team than Knott Co. I will also apply that to Hazard and PCC as well. Knott obviously just didn't come out with their A game and from what I heard from the little I listened on the radio the PATS couldn't get a single shot to fall. Bad night I'm afraid. Possibly the worst they have shot all year long (only being 8 games into the season though).

But I believe a defeat like this is good for KCC in the fact that they are having to take a little bit of what they've been dishing out over the past few weeks. Hopefully this gives them more drive to never let this happen again. I don't think they will ever want to be the team on the other side of the spectrum again. Hope to have a good 2010 in Knott Co.!
Welcome to the 7th region!

Sometimes I think you guys just don't understand how athletic and how many talented players the 7th region has.

Very rarely do you have an easy night!
What in the world happened? I thought Knott was much better than this?:HitWall:
Not real shocked about the score.. And for Jenkins and JBS smiling, LOL I really doubt it, That means that team would be them by over 100. :yawn:
Wow, I took Seneca, but no way did I foresee this
PATS2011 Wrote:Why would we complain? If we don't play like we should and not play to win then we deserve to get beat, by however much it may be.

I do stand by a statement tough that no team in the state is a 50+ point better team than Knott Co. I will also apply that to Hazard and PCC as well. Knott obviously just didn't come out with their A game and from what I heard from the little I listened on the radio the PATS couldn't get a single shot to fall. Bad night I'm afraid. Possibly the worst they have shot all year long (only being 8 games into the season though).

But I believe a defeat like this is good for KCC in the fact that they are having to take a little bit of what they've been dishing out over the past few weeks. Hopefully this gives them more drive to never let this happen again. I don't think they will ever want to be the team on the other side of the spectrum again. Hope to have a good 2010 in Knott Co.!

Which is why it's much more important to be a defensive juggernaut than a team that can put up 70 and 80 points a game. If you can't defend, it won't matter how much you score.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Which is why it's much more important to be a defensive juggernaut than a team that can put up 70 and 80 points a game. If you can't defend, it won't matter how much you score.

I agree, they do need work on their defense a whole lot.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, I took Seneca, but no way did I foresee this

I don't think anyone did. KCC shouldn't have been beaten this bad. They shouldn't (meaning they play their best) get beaten by anyone by 50 or more. This was obviously not their best. Lack of defensive focus is their problem right now.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Which is why it's much more important to be a defensive juggernaut than a team that can put up 70 and 80 points a game. If you can't defend, it won't matter how much you score.

I agree, they do need work on their defense a whole lot.

Sorry my computer posted this twice. If a mod could remove it, that would be greatly appreciated!
PATS2011 Wrote:I don't think anyone did. KCC shouldn't have been beaten this bad. They shouldn't (meaning they play their best) get beaten by anyone by 50 or more. This was obviously not their best. Lack of defensive focus is their problem right now.

When I saw KCC against Fairdale I was impressed with the size they had. Why don't they try to slow things down and work the ball inside? I think they could have a lot of success if they'd do this and quit relying on the 3 ball.