• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. 2010
While we are still celebrating, how about some thoughts about repeating next year. The Advocate Messenger started it today.

http://amnews.com/stories/2009/12/07/spo.198825.sto
Boyle has the potential to be a very good team if key people, who sat behind great players this year, can step up and fill the void. I also look for Boyle to try to probably open up the passing game a little more because Rees won't be back there as a "sure thing" on any down and distance situation. Couple that with a coaching staff that is 28-1 the last two years and they should be "in the hunt," next year as well.
I totally agree with the thought of opening up the passing game. We saw firsthand what a passing attack can do. I also think that Hale will be more of a passing QB, and the freshman QB from this year, Whittle, also showed some potential and has a very good arm. While we will not be able to replace Rees, there cupboard is not empty in the backfield. Cox and/or Mattingly will need to step up. Another question... how will BC look at the reciever positions next year?
RebelPride Wrote:While we are still celebrating, how about some thoughts about repeating next year. The Advocate Messenger started it today.

http://amnews.com/stories/2009/12/07/spo.198825.sto

Actually Boyle returns 7 starters on defence. They left out Chris Cook, starting OLB. Seen where he had around 70 tackles and 8 or 9 in the State Game against LO.:biggrin:
Rebelgirl Wrote:Actually Boyle returns 7 starters on defence. They left out Chris Cook, starting OLB. Seen where he had around 70 tackles and 8 or 9 in the State Game against LO.:biggrin:
I agree Boyle will be Beast next year. I look for Chris Cook to run the ball. He is a great running back and didn't get much of a chance to run this year. I hope we do more passing next year. It's the receivers that will need to step up.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...es/shh.gif
I agree,with hard work Boyle Co.can do this again,but Lexington Cath.,Bell Co.,Lone Oak among others will be right there too.So 2010 4A is there for the taking.GO REBELS get No. 7.:champ:
we still have great talent,but will we have the heart.....15-0,no.state,maybe..will be a great adventure next year,but it will come to heart
..we will see what we have,Reese does not make a team,a team makes a team..no D noteam,proved that at state.boyle will be a great team next year,state or no state...GO REBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will assume they reload
rd11 Wrote:we still have great talent,but will we have the heart.....15-0,no.state,maybe..will be a great adventure next year,but it will come to heart
..we will see what we have,Reese does not make a team,a team makes a team..no D noteam,proved that at state.boyle will be a great team next year,state or no state...GO REBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach French will not put a team on the field that doesn't have heart.

Should be another good year, just not sure how good yet.
With 7 back on the defensive side, Boyle will be ok next season. Like anybody else we have some shoes to fill and I feel confident that the kids that step up, will do just fine. Just like the new kids did this season.
Seems Boyle will be very similar to Bell this year. Lots of returners on deffense but few on offense. Should be a fun year.
Rebelmom14 Wrote:I agree Boyle will be Beast next year. I look for Chris Cook to run the ball. He is a great running back and didn't get much of a chance to run this year. I hope we do more passing next year. It's the receivers that will need to step up.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...es/shh.gif

I have to disagree. That whole team was MacShara and he is gone. Dawson will have to carry the load offensively and defensively if Boyle wants to go undefeated again.

Im not saying they wont be good, especially with only two teams fundamentally sound enough to beat them (Lex Cath/ Bell) on this side of the state, im just saying that they wont be a beast
owlcat Wrote:I have to disagree. That whole team was MacShara and he is gone. Dawson will have to carry the load offensively and defensively if Boyle wants to go undefeated again.

Im not saying they wont be good, especially with only two teams fundamentally sound enough to beat them (Lex Cath/ Bell) on this side of the state, im just saying that they wont be a beast

owlcat I think you will be suprised. Boyle was far more than the MacShara team. While he was very talented. I look for Boyle to have a little different look in 2010. The talent level at Boyle is huge. Most if not all of Boyle's second team could and would start on many other teams. After a long winter in the weight room with Hester they will be bigger stronger and faster(after all speed kills as we all know). Look for Boyle to reload and be better than ever.
owlcat Wrote:I have to disagree. That whole team was MacShara and he is gone. Dawson will have to carry the load offensively and defensively if Boyle wants to go undefeated again.

MacShara was BC's horse so they rode him to a state title. Players like him come along once in a blue moon. When you are lucky enough to get one, you might as well use him. Great Boyle teams of the past had decent backs but none the caliber of Rees. Had Rees not been here, French would have changed the offense to suit the weapons that he had.

Dawson is a great defensive player but marginal on the offensive side of the ball. He is tough to bring down when running north - south; but in fifteen games this season I don't re-call him running off tackle one time. Boyle used him on that counter play about 20 times and I think it lost yardage 15 times. He's good when he catches the ball but once again he gets his yards when he gets turned and starts running downhill.

Boyle's strength next season will be their Defense ( I suspect that it will be as good and probably better than this years defense) and a good, not great, running game. I suspect that they win a lot of games 21-7 as opposed to 49-7.

It'll be tough to repeat for Boyle. I'll take Lex Cath at this point. But it's still early! :biggrin:
Dawson had 41 carries for 362 yards and 2 TD's. He caught 19 passes for 359 yards and 2 TD's.

(All this is going into the state title game)

Hester had 37 carries for 314 yards and 5 TD's. He caught 7 balls for 144 yards and 3 TD's.

Cook had 33 carries for 133 yards and 4 TD's.

Devan Hale went 7-7 throwing the ball for 94 yards.

Rebels loose a lot on the offensive end but there is some talent to build upon.

There defense will carry them places until the offense catches up.
French For President Wrote:owlcat I think you will be suprised. Boyle was far more than the MacShara team. While he was very talented. I look for Boyle to have a little different look in 2010. The talent level at Boyle is huge. Most if not all of Boyle's second team could and would start on many other teams. After a long winter in the weight room with Hester they will be bigger stronger and faster(after all speed kills as we all know). Look for Boyle to reload and be better than ever.

I hope i am surprised. I am a huge supporter of Boyle and know how good their staff is. Boyle has talent, and has always had talent, including the few blips of the Pardue (who was a great coach) era.

I know other kids will step up and play well, and if MacShara had gotten injured they still would have won alot of games. But, the kid ran for over 3000 yards, he was the offense. Period. They didnt have to do anything else. I know kids played well in mop-up time, but 16 year-old sometimes react differently to being "in the spotlight".

I always cite to the 02 team with Tamme, Overstreet, Brummett, Webb, etc. They were talent-wise the best or one of the best teams to ever grace Rebel Stadium, yet they lost two games. It was because the seniors before them, Duggins and McCoy were the offense.

The staff will have them ready for next year, but you cannot loose 90% of your offense and assume they will be just as good or better than ever.
Boyle County looks pretty good next year, but I wouldn't put them above this year's crew. Still, Dawson is a beast, and I fully expect him to be the best linebacker in the state next season. I know that he plays TE, but wouldn't he make a good fullback with his size?

-Lone Oak Shocker
Boyle will be a little better than thought, with the Danville transfer. Dunn will make a already good defense even tougher, and help with the loss of MacShara at runningback.
Rebel55 Wrote:Boyle will be a little better than thought, with the Danville transfer. Dunn will make a already good defense even tougher, and help with the loss of MacShara at runningback.

I just read about that on another site.

Dunn could put the Rebels back into the hunt for 2010 as well.

Rebel, is he Wilbur Dunn's son? If so, is he as great as Wilbur was at Garrard?
Hatz Wrote:I just read about that on another site.

Dunn could put the Rebels back into the hunt for 2010 as well.

Rebel, is he Wilbur Dunn's son? If so, is he as great as Wilbur was at Garrard?

Yes he is wilbur dunns son.not sure if he is as good as dad,but he is a great athelete,and will make a big impact for Boyle next year.:Thumbs:

If transfer Will Dunn is ruled eligible, you might want to rethink the above, especially about the offense. :eyeroll:
Will they run the same style of offense, now that Macshara is gone. When you dress nearly 90 players, you have considerable talent and depth to battle for roles.

Dawson and Hester were the next 2 RB's, to Macshara and they had over 300 yds each. Will Hale take over for Goldsmith next season?
Augie Garrido Wrote:Will they run the same style of offense, now that Macshara is gone. When you dress nearly 90 players, you have considerable talent and depth to battle for roles.

Dawson and Hester were the next 2 RB's, to Macshara and they had over 300 yds each. Will Hale take over for Goldsmith next season?

I think this has been the style of offense for French for sometime now.

He prefers to run it but will use the pass if he has a QB like Mason 2 years ago.

As to the depth, they are fortunate. I was told by someone that the unwritten rule by French is that no interior lineman will start both ways. You are either on the Offensive line or the Defensive line but don't start both. This keeps both lines fresh for the 4th Quarter. It might have been a big factor in those late comebacks vs. Bell and Lone Oak. :Thumbs:
Don't forget about Devin Cox running the ball also. He will be a Jr. next year and he played mostly on defense to focus on db but he can run the ball very well. He broke several big runs in JV ball and I believe will get a bunch of carries next year.
Wow whats the story behind Dunn transfring? Him and Dawson will be the best LB combo in the state. Dunn will also be a very good offensive plaer rather at QB,RB, WR. Talk about the rich getting richer
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Wow whats the story behind Dunn transfring? Him and Dawson will be the best LB combo in the state. Dunn will also be a very good offensive plaer rather at QB,RB, WR. Talk about the rich getting richer

Nice post and yes the talent pool does get deeper with the addition of Dunn. However he will have to work harder than ever. No way he comes to Boyle and gets lots of playing time without proving himself. I feel he can do that if he so chooses. Will is a very nice young man but he will be pushed very hard at Boyle we have kids that will force him to work.

Most will admit that Boyle is rarely if ever the fastest. strongest or most talented group, Yet for some reason the kids at Boyle love to play for French and Hester. And man do they play.:Thumbs:
I'm not sure if Dunn will play lb. I believe he played cb at danville and that is a hole we have to fill. To be honest there's no telling where he will line up on either side of the ball but I agree with French for Pres. Playing time will not be handed to him without the effort. I am sure he knows this and will put forth the effort. I look forward to seeing him in the black and gold.
The kid is a player and he will step it up. Not many times does a player get to leave asituation like Danville (5-7) I think. To Boyle Co. who has lost only one game in 2 seasons. I think he will look at a fresh start. I think he will be the guy to put them neck and neck with Bell. Before he arrived(assuming everything goes though good) I would have put Bell as the favorite
If he is half as good as his father was, 2010 will be a great year.:biggrin:
Just a random question, but how many coaches does Boyle County have on staff? And how many of those are in the building? Thanks.
  • 1(current)
  • Next