Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern 77 Moore 70
Final... congrats Eagles!
Nice win for Eastern
This score is a little closer than I expected.

Is Moore that good?
This was a more decent game than I expected. Eastern didn't play very good defense in the first half and their rebounding was pretty bad. The game stayed fairly close through the first half until Eastern started to play a little defense and stretch the lead at half. They then game out playing much better defense and maintained a 10-15 point lead throughout. The final margin was skewed because Eastern put in its second team with 1:00 left and Breeden hit back to back 3's to cut a 13 point lead to 7.

Lyonell Gaines had 29 points and 10 rebounds...going 3/3 from 3PT
Delquan Thomas had 24 points
Kameron Woods had his best game finishing with 5 blocks. He will be an asset if he can repeat his performance and continue to improve.

Eastern is progressing nicely. The offense is getting in a flow and as long as the defense continues to come along they should be ready to go for the KoB next week.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Is Moore that good?

To answer your question bluntly...No. They are a good middle of the pack 7th region team, much like Trinity and Male but are not on the same level as your elites such as Eastern, Ballard and J'Town. They could be dangerous come February.
Congrats Eastern
EasternAlum Wrote:This was a more decent game than I expected. Eastern didn't play very good defense in the first half and their rebounding was pretty bad. The game stayed fairly close through the first half until Eastern started to play a little defense and stretch the lead at half. They then game out playing much better defense and maintained a 10-15 point lead throughout. The final margin was skewed because Eastern put in its second team with 1:00 left and Breeden hit back to back 3's to cut a 13 point lead to 7.

Lyonell Gaines had 29 points and 10 rebounds...going 3/3 from 3PT
Delquan Thomas had 24 points
Kameron Woods had his best game finishing with 5 blocks. He will be an asset if he can repeat his performance and continue to improve.

Eastern is progressing nicely. The offense is getting in a flow and as long as the defense continues to come along they should be ready to go for the KoB next week.

Gaines is a match up nightmare for opposing teams.

Can't wait to see Eastern at the KOB. I'm really hoping both them and Holmes meet in the finals.