Poll: Who takes this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County Bobcats
46.77%
Boyle County Rebels
53.23%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County @ Boyle County 11/27
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree Cats02 we need to get there early. I think we have about 5 - 6 car fulls going up with us. I wish Boyle Co could get more stadium seats for us on that visitor side. We will have as many fans as Boyle Co will have. Mark it down!

:lmao: No way that is going to happen!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Go Rebels! Going to be a great game. I'm sure you'll have plently of fans but I don't think you've seen Rebel Stadium during big games. :Cheerlead:Cheerlead
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I know you guys have a great program. We always had to beat dang Highlands everytime in State Semi every year just to make it to State. Bell Co has :1::1:. Dudley Hilton has :1::1::1: :biggrin:

Yeah. All Boyle had to do to WIN 5 state titles was beat Hopkinsville 3 of the times. How many Div 1 players did they have? :biggrin:

And should we mention Paducah Tighlman in '03? Casey (RB All-American who threw it all away) and Hunter Cantwell (Starter for UL) among others?

"We had to go through ____" is a tired old excuse. :ChairHit:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:What stinks about the 04 game is Bell Co should had been State Champs that year. Thats the year Bell Co was up on Highlands with about 2 min to go in the game and Highlands scored the last TD to take the lead. The person who scored the last TD was the INELIGIBLE player Highlands had that year. Basically cheated that year to win State and they did. All they had to do was forfeit all there wins that season..
IMO with all my four years being at ROCK, That 2004 team was awesome with Shawn Robbins and company, him and Lee Renfro were basically in a race for the state rushing title that year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:What stinks about the 04 game is Bell Co should had been State Champs that year. Thats the year Bell Co was up on Highlands with about 2 min to go in the game and Highlands scored the last TD to take the lead. The person who scored the last TD was the INELIGIBLE player Highlands had that year. Basically cheated that year to win State and they did. All they had to do was forfeit all there wins that season..

I would love for Boyle to have played Bell at Papa John's that year, rather than Highlands. Would have loved it. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I know you guys have a great program. We always had to beat dang Highlands everytime in State Semi every year just to make it to State. Bell Co has :1::1:. Dudley Hilton has :1::1::1: :biggrin:

I believe 3 of our state titles came in 3A with Highlands in our class. :dontthink
Rebel55 Wrote:I believe 3 of our state titles came in 3A with Highlands in our class. :dontthink

Played them 2 times and beat them once. I do believe.
Hatz Wrote:I would love for Boyle to have played Bell at Papa John's that year, rather than Highlands. Would have loved it. :Thumbs:

I'm sure you would. We wouldn't have stood a chance against Boyle. I'm sure that's what you're getting at.
Rebel55 Wrote:I believe 3 of our state titles came in 3A with Highlands in our class. :dontthink

Yes they was.
In 03 Boyle won 44-10
In 04 Highlands won 22-6
Amped 88 Wrote:Played them 2 times and beat them once. I do believe.

We was in the same class as Highlands for 6 years and yet we still won 3 state titles in that span. How many did Bell win?
Let me let you in on a secret. Boyle doesn't make excuses like "Highlands was stopping us for winning more titles" or "Alcola is 44th. in the nation that's why we lost".
Rebel55 Wrote:Let me let you in on a secret. Boyle doesn't make excuses like "Highlands was stopping us for winning more titles" or "Alcola is 44th. in the nation that's why we lost".

Or we threw 5 interceptions last year and if it wasn't for that we would have won against Bell. Was that another one of your secrets?
kmba32 Wrote:Yes they was.
In 03 Boyle won 44-10
In 04 Highlands won 22-6

Don't forget 2001 and 2002 years. We played who was in front of us. It's not our fault if Highlands could not beat Rockcastle County.
easyM Wrote:Or we threw 5 interceptions last year and if it wasn't for that we would have won against Bell. Was that another one of your secrets?

I agree. The reason for that was Bell's Defense and nothing else. Not only that Mcshara only had 31 yards I believe. And if it wasn't for that they would have won also.
Amped 88 Wrote:Played them 2 times and beat them once. I do believe.

Actually four times overall and split the series 2-2.
easyM Wrote:Or we threw 5 interceptions last year and if it wasn't for that we would have won against Bell. Was that another one of your secrets?

Actually I've never met a loyal Boyle fan that didn't congratulate Bell on their win and chalked it up as the team that played better earned that win. If Boyle had been looking for tangible excuses, the turnovers would have been one to mention - rather than the mythical "If they hadn't been in our bracket" hypothesis.
Amped 88 Wrote:I agree. The reason for that was Bell's Defense and nothing else. Not only that Mcshara only had 31 yards I believe. And if it wasn't for that they would have won also.

I forgot about Mcshara rushing for only 31 yards. I guess that's why they passed so much...........
Amped 88 Wrote:I agree. The reason for that was Bell's Defense and nothing else. Not only that Mcshara only had 31 yards I believe. And if it wasn't for that they would have won also.

Again, don't know too many real Boyle fans that didn't credit Bell with making the big plays and playing the best to win that game. In fact, I think on this site I've mentioned more than once on other Boyle-Bell threads that the key was Bell stepped up to make the BIG plays (Defensive stop on 2 pt attempt, Turnovers, Fumbles, etc) and make more of them than Boyle did. Bobcats earned that win and their state title immensely.
Hatz Wrote:Actually I've never met a loyal Boyle fan that didn't congratulate Bell on their win and chalked it up as the team that played better earned that win. If Boyle had been looking for tangible excuses, the turnovers would have been one to mention - rather than the mythical "If they hadn't been in our bracket" hypothesis.

Ft. Thomas knocked us out of several title shots. That's a fact, not an excuse. We have no one to blame but ourselves for not winning more games against them. Boyle did beat them. Congrats to them. I'm not looking for an excuse. Highlands just beat us.

Amp where did any Rebel fans make any excuses over Rees's rushing yardage last year? There's not any! Or better yet where has anyone made an excuse that if we had not thrown 5 int. we would have won last year? I do believe it was said that Boyle would not throw that many this year. Over half this thread is Bell County excuses over how they lost to Alcola and why they only have 2 state titles because of Highlands in the way.
Hatz Wrote:Again, don't know too many real Boyle fans that didn't credit Bell with making the big plays and playing the best to win that game. In fact, I think on this site I've mentioned more than once on other Boyle-Bell threads that the key was Bell stepped up to make the BIG plays (Defensive stop on 2 pt attempt, Turnovers, Fumbles, etc) and make more of them than Boyle did. Bobcats earned that win and their state title immensely.

I don't think we were pointing you out. It's directed at several other posters.
Rebel55 Wrote:Don't forget 2001 and 2002 years. We played who was in front of us. It's not our fault if Highlands could not beat Rockcastle County.

Boyle is a great program i was not being a smart a**. I just remembered the games. But Highlands did stand in the way of Boyle winning another State Title. It is like if you are on top Highlands brings you down. That was my point.
rebelgirl Wrote:[/b]
Go rebels! Going to be a great game. I'm sure you'll have plently of fans but i don't think you've seen rebel stadium during big games. :cheerlead:cheerlead

wait and see!!!
Rebel55 Wrote:Let me let you in on a secret. Boyle doesn't make excuses like "Highlands was stopping us for winning more titles" or "Alcola is 44th. in the nation that's why we lost".

You may not make excuses, but i have heard plenty from my friends in Danville. I don't really call it excuses! i call it WHAT IF.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Your point makes no sense to me. Just because we have players that are talented at multiple positions, they are not TRUE players? And don't forget that Goldsmith has looked pretty good lately spreading the ball around, he will definitely be a key player if we are to beat Bell County. But c'mon, if you had MacSharra and Dawson, you would want to get them the ball pretty much every time too! :Thumbs:

Once again. Bell Co has TRUE WR's that play those positions only. Our go to guy Cody Davenport has 600 yards receiving this year. Just him alone.

QB Madon for Bell Co has more passing yards and TD's and has fewer INT's than Goldsmith as well. When you only have those 2 at Boyle, MacSharra and Dawson yes you would want to give the ball to them 2 as much as you can because thats all they have and the stats dont lie.
kmba32 Wrote:You may not make excuses, but i have heard plenty from my friends in Danville. I don't really call it excuses! i call it WHAT IF.

KMBA I agree to that. :Thumbs: Last year at Bell was the most exciting game I have ever seen. Total CLASS by both programs on the field and the fans in the parking lot before and after the game.
Rebelgirl Wrote:[/B]
Go Rebels! Going to be a great game. I'm sure you'll have plently of fans but I don't think you've seen Rebel Stadium during big games. :Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Actually I have been to Rebel Stadium during a State Semi game.
Just remember Boyle Co was NOTHING until the 99 season when they won there 1st State Title in 2A. Thats the year they demolished Middlesboro at Rebel Stadium.
easyM Wrote:I forgot about Mcshara rushing for only 31 yards. I guess that's why they passed so much...........

Thats about right. This year Rock's Rowe had 44 yards on us and Lawrence Co's Pack only had 54 on us. Both in the state in leading rushers. It will continue on to MacSharra. This years Defense for Bell is ALOT quicker than last years. They shut down the oline at the line of scrimmage. TongueirateSho
Rebel55 Wrote:KMBA I agree to that. :Thumbs: Last year at Bell was the most exciting game I have ever seen. Total CLASS by both programs on the field and the fans in the parking lot before and after the game.

It was exciting hopefully it will be the same this year. All but the fact i locked my keys in the car that night.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Just remember Boyle Co was NOTHING until the 99 season when they won there 1st State Title in 2A. Thats the year they demolished Middlesboro at Rebel Stadium.

oh now thats classy, but since you brought it up 99-2009, 5 titles going for six is pretty dang good!
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next