Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorton Tournament
Coach, could you give us the schedule of games and times for the rest of your tournament?
When is the second round of your tournament?
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, could you give us the schedule of games and times for the rest of your tournament?

Monday

6:00 Hazard vs Martha Jane Potter

7:00 Cumberland vs Feds Creek

8:00 Herald Whitaker vs Whitesburg (HW will advance win or lose. Whitesburg is coming over to give them a game where BL dropped. I was never able to get anyone to replace them).

9:00 Dorton vs Cowan

Tuesday

Semifinals at 6:00 and 7:15

Wednesday

Consolation at 6:00

Championship at 7:15
Can't wait!
Thanks for the schedule Coach! Look forward to coming back to Dorton! Is Caudil OK?
School Admin. Wrote:Thanks for the schedule Coach! Look forward to coming back to Dorton! Is Caudil OK?

Should be some good games tomorrow.

Owen has been pretty sick for the past 3 days. Not sure about his status for this week. I know one thing . . . with or without him, we'll have our hands full with Cowan tomorrow night. They have a great defensive team and gave Virgie a good test the other night.
Coach, I watched them Sat. vs. Elkhorn.... #35 for them is a tremendous player, but I think if your kids play as hard as I have seen them play, you have the advantage. Good luck!!!
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, I watched them Sat. vs. Elkhorn.... #35 for them is a tremendous player, but I think if your kids play as hard as I have seen them play, you have the advantage. Good luck!!!

Thanks. Hopefully we'll be able to put a good game together tomorrow night. We definitely haven't set the world on fire yet this season. Hopefully the shooting will come around soon.
Coach, I don't know if anyone has "set the world on fire" just yet.... Very early in the season, in fact, I would be scared if my team was playing top notch right now. Its much better to improve every week gradually. That's my opinion anyway. You have some very nice talent and you will be a force in the County. Plus, your team is very well coached, I liked what you were trying to do against Feds Creek, you had a nice game plan, Feds Creek is pretty quick, especially at the guards and that is going to cause even the best of teams trouble. You have great size and some shooters. You guys are going to be just fine!
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, I don't know if anyone has "set the world on fire" just yet.... Very early in the season, in fact, I would be scared if my team was playing top notch right now. Its much better to improve every week gradually. That's my opinion anyway. You have some very nice talent and you will be a force in the County. Plus, your team is very well coached, I liked what you were trying to do against Feds Creek, you had a nice game plan, Feds Creek is pretty quick, especially at the guards and that is going to cause even the best of teams trouble. You have great size and some shooters. You guys are going to be just fine!

I agree that you don't want to be playing your best right now, but the boys seem to be a little lost and hesitant out there. Also, that has a lot to do with Feds Creek and not just us playing badly. They are definitely one of the better teams in Eastern Kentucky.
Coach, a lot of time, work, money, blood, sweat, and tears have been put into building the Feds Creek program! I think its important to have a goal and direction, but not forget where you come from. Its really exciting to be mentioned with the best in our area. Hopefully, the program will continue to grow! I realize school size and cycles of talent play a part, but I do believe that with the right work habits, solid coaching, and commitment from the administration, a school can be competitive year in and year out, regardless of size. Dorton is evidence of that!