Poll: Who do you have in this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
44.44%
Lawrence County
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Lawrence County 11/13
easyM Wrote:I don't know if you're referring to me or other posters but I never said LC was slow. Has their schedule been weak? Yes. But they're still in it and I personally think they'll beat KC but it will be a good one.
Now in reality. LC has "whipped every team in dominating fashion this year". They should have if they're any good at all. Came in as the underdog in every game? I don't know where you got that from?
You are contradicting your own words about KC. You don't expect some "little team" like KC to come into the dawg pound and end this season. But then you go on to say this will be a hard fought game with the winner being the one who had the ball last.......
As I said before, LC will win but it should be a very good game. Good luck to both teams.

It wasn't meant toward any one person. I was just saying that every team thus far as said the same exact thing. Sooo with that being said, Just because I referred to them as little doesn't make them a bad team. I referred to them as little because they are little brother to Bell Co. With that being said, coming off a 0-11 year I think we were the underdog in almost every game. It was kinda like, is this team for real or just a cinderella team waiting to crumble. KC is a very good team or they wouldn't be in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I've saw both teams play in person and I think LC is bigger, stronger, faster, and is well coached and this is why they will win this game. I look for West, Mills, and Pack to have big games. Good luck to both teams and I hope it will be a injury free game. If you are coming to this game, have a safe trip.
Classy post nice job. read this i just wrote ithttp://www.thelevisalazer.com/?p=20029
http://www.thelevisalazer.com/?p=20029 This is the story I wrote earlier. Give me some feedback on this.
I think KC will name the score in this one.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:http://www.thelevisalazer.com/?p=20029 This is the story I wrote earlier. Give me some feedback on this.

Very nice artilce. This is what it is all about no matter who you are for.:Thumbs:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:http://www.thelevisalazer.com/?p=20029 This is the story I wrote earlier. Give me some feedback on this.

Very good write up!! I'm so excited for this game that I can't sit still. I find myself pacing the floors and I have watched the Shane Pack highlight film 10 or more times this week. I have watched 4-5 games on the website just to calm my nerves for this game. I don't think I have been this excited for a single game since the every 90's in the Chuke Era. I know if the Bulldogs are as pumped as I am for this game, we will have no worries. Again great write up and know that I honor your dedication to this team and this community. :thanks:
Thanks everyone I'm just trying to help out as much as I can, I love to write about these boys. Everyone come out Friday night and watch the game.
LC by 16
Wildcats11 Wrote:It wasn't meant toward any one person. I was just saying that every team thus far as said the same exact thing. Sooo with that being said, Just because I referred to them as little doesn't make them a bad team. I referred to them as little because they are little brother to Bell Co. With that being said, coming off a 0-11 year I think we were the underdog in almost every game. It was kinda like, is this team for real or just a cinderella team waiting to crumble. KC is a very good team or they wouldn't be in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I've saw both teams play in person and I think LC is bigger, stronger, faster, and is well coached and this is why they will win this game. I look for West, Mills, and Pack to have big games. Good luck to both teams and I hope it will be a injury free game. If you are coming to this game, have a safe trip.

Nice post.:Thumbs:
It will be a very good ball game.
One thing to keep in mind, others don't see LC as the underdog as much as you might. We realize they're a good team. Their turnaround from last year is one of the best stories that I have seen any many years. I also don't see them suffering through another year like last year for a long time coming. Hopefully we can put Rockcastle out of contention tomorrow night and you guys can get past KC. If so, we'll be welcoming you all to Log Mountain. Good luck! Hope all players stay injury free and puts on one heck of a show for all the fans to see.
We cannot wait to broadcast this game, what a game this should be between the Bulldogs of Lawrence County and the Panthers from Knox Central? We don't want to make any predictions but this is going to be a dandy of a ball game.Come out and enjoy.

Great job:Thumbs:
That's what it's all about.
Thanks alot, I wasn't for sure or not whether to do it, but a lot of people liked the idea so I ran with it.
This thread is off the chains. Crazy. LC Taking this one IMO.
Nothing better than football in Louisa in November, can't wait for Friday night.
This game is getting a lot of hype with it being WYMT-TV Game of the week, they do a great job of covering the mountain teams. Should be a absolute crazy night, a lot of fans are going to be there from Louisa and surrounding counties as a lot of people are getting on the LC express.
http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/lo...95635.html

Article on tomorrow's game!
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/lo...95635.html

Article on tomorrow's game!

Another good write up on this game. This will sure be a dandy and I'm as excited as I ever have been for a game. Believe me, I have watched some pretty good games over the years too. Good luck tomorrow with your game and hopefully we meet next week. :rockon:
Big, physical Knox Central a match for Lawrence
By AARON SNYDER — The Independent
LOUISA — For the Dawgs to keep rolling deeper into the postseason, they will have to stop the recent wrecking ball that is Knox Central.

The Panthers (7-4) have rampaged through their last three opponents, outscoring them 116-10, and have won four straight games.

Lawrence County (11-0) has put together an unbelievable turnaround, but Bulldogs coach Luke Salmons said his team has focused solely on Knox Central this week.

“I think we’ll be ready,” Salmons said. “We’ve had the best week of practice we’ve had all year. (The players) are understanding what’s at stake.”

The Bulldogs are coming off a 42-19 win over McCreary Central in their playoff opener, in which they accumulated 377 rushing yards led by Hunter James and Shane Pack.

Knox Central blew out Boyd County, 40-0, and brings a Lawrence County-like team to Louisa.

“They match up with us as much as anybody has this season,” Salmons said. “They’re big, physical. They’re big up front. They have a couple backs that can run. Most of the games at this point are going to be that way. There won’t be a whole lot of difference.”

Lawrence County brings a more experienced group to the field, but the offensive and defensive fronts of the Panthers will present a challenge for the Bulldogs, a team that has relied on its front four and five all season.

“Like us, they don’t play anybody both ways (on the lines),” Salmons said. “Our offensive line will be ready. We’ve seen every front imaginable. I have a lot of faith in our team.”

The blockers, led by senior Ben Preston, take pride in playing physical football and have opened up holes for Pack, James, Caleb Bentley, Larry West and others regularly. As a sophomore, quarterback Hayden Kiser has matured throughout the season to become a dependable passer.

Lawrence County’s defense will have to contain a group of north-and-south style running backs led by Chad Merida, who rushed for nearly 1,400 yards during the regular season for Knox Central.

If the running game is halted, as the Bulldogs have done quite a few times this season, the Panthers will be prepared to throw with quarterback Johnathan Barger, who had 13 touchdowns to seven interceptions in the regular season.

“Their (running backs’) speed is deceiving,” Salmons said. “You can’t arm tackle them. You can’t just load up the box. They throw it well from the shotgun. It’s going to be a tough team.”

Lawrence County has the luxury of home field advantage, which Salmons said his team thrives upon.

“Any time you play at home it’s a plus,” Salmons said. “The kids get to stay in a normal routine. You have your own locker room and everything available to you. Our goal at the beginning of the season was to play as many as we could at home.”

Lawrence County has only had to compete in three close games this season — a 36-30 victory over Sheldon Clark in Week 3, a 29-14 win over Rowan County in Week 9 and a 26-16 defeat of Boyd County in Week 10. According to Salmons, his team will be ready to battle in a tight affair.

“If it’s a close game, that doesn’t scare me,” Salmons said. “The kids have handled adversity real well all year. They know it’s not going to be a 28-0 game going into the fourth (quarter).”

For two teams that match up well and have not shown too many weaknesses, Salmons thinks this game’s fate will ultimately come down to mistakes.

“It’s going to be a great game,” Salmons said.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...31352.html
That was a good write up. Last year I saw KC play Bell County tough and could have won that ball game.
Good luck fellas.
Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This game needs to happen fast of this thread is going to explode.
CatDawg Wrote:This game needs to happen fast of this thread is going to explode.
Good thing its just a few hours until gameday.

Good luck Dawgs hope you can pull out the win.:popcorn:
Gore you should come up and check it out.
Dawg Family Wrote:http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...31352.html

Here's a write up about the game Friday. KC sure has the coaching staff's attention. Good Luck Dawgs

Good article. Thanks.

I like to read what the coaches are saying. WYMT air an interview with Wayne Mills this evening. He says LC is much like Rockcastle. That's high praise for those that don't know.
CatDawg Wrote:Gore you should come up and check it out.
I'll try but if I can't i'll be listening. What is Lawrence County's radio station and do they have online streaming?
92.3 and I think you can get it on aroundlouisa.com/360 I believe is the site I'm sure someone else on here could tell you for sure. Additionally, you could check with lcgrad2002 the lazer may be showing it live this week.
Yeah I will listen to it or watch it live if I can. When I made the post I forgot about Kentucky Basketball tomorrow at 7pm on espnu.
I hate that they schedule games on Friday nights at this time of year.
Everyone see the WYMT preview that is on right now? Interesting interviews with both coaches and great highlights.
its almost time i can smell it
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next