Poll: Who do you have in this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
44.44%
Lawrence County
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Lawrence County 11/13
Classy as usual, I have to agree with every point. LCs season may very well end this week but I just don't see it. Not yet anyway. As you say they have a ton of weapons and if you take one away they can adjust and go to another. I think West will be used plenty when the time comes but I actually think they have a few special plays for him that they are just waiting to use at the right time.
West is an excellent athlete, one of the best I have seen in quite a while. There is no doubt he could be have been an even greater threat if been given more touches, but that has not been needed so far. With much tougher games coming up, I can see more screen passes to get him into the flats, much like we saw against Tolsia in Week 10 on the opening drive, in which he nearly took to the house. He is a tremendous leader, even though he is a newcomer to the squad, and he has patiently waited his turn and I believe it could be his turn to shine during the playoffs. People has said he has needed more touches and if our gameplan of running the ball down people's throats fails, then there is another possibility of a weapon on offense.
Dawg days! Wrote:Did I say anything about Bell Co?Confusedhh: But its nice to see we have drawn sooo much interest from you.:biggrin:

Well you said a few teams are hoping you guys get knocked off. the way it looks if we win out we will meet the week after fridays games.:dontthink
Hey House of pain I guess you already know that there's another guy with the same user name as yours he just put's all the words together Houseofpain. I guess thats OK but while reading your post I kind of got confused but that wouldn't take much :lmao:. The other guy said he was a high school coach and was from MC. And after reading your post I was wondering how he knew so much about LC. But now I see the light:biggrin:
Dawg Family Wrote:Hey House of pain I guess you already know that there's another guy with the same user name as yours he just put's all the words together Houseofpain. I guess thats OK but while reading your post I kind of got confused but that wouldn't take much :lmao:. The other guy said he was a high school coach and was from MC. And after reading your post I was wondering how he knew so much about LC. But now I see the light:biggrin:

Haha... yes I was a little hesitant to post on this thread because of that. I havent posted in a while but when I read all of his posts I thought somebody jacked my account lol... But yes I love the Dawgs and know much about them, or so I like to think so anyways lol
In My Honest Opinion Knox beats Lawrence so dont even worry about them having to play Bell
HOP is a very classy guy and a good poster. It's a shame that he has to hear smack talk from some LC fans. Good luck with McCreary in the future. You need to start recruiting in you're own school.
sick 'em dawg
well ive been to ever lc game they improve more ever week im going have to go with lc 35-21
Quote:
CatDawg Wrote:Is this the same Knox Central that beat Williamsburg 48 to 46 and then Williamsburg gets blown out 33 to 8 by Fairview last night.

Comparisons based on common opponents mean very little and comparisons based on common opponent twice removed mean less than nothing. For example:

KC struggled against W'burgs offense but won 48-46. Williamsburg later lost to Harlan 47-32. Looks good for Harlan against KC, right? KC won 41-3. This is the same Harlan that beat Paintsville Friday night 28-7. Yep, the Paintsville that Lawrence beat 54-20 early in the year.

So. What does all this mean? Absolutely nothing. Just cautioning you against getting too excited over a game with Williamsburg two months ago. It's all about style of play and KC plays the run very well.
I don't think it will be a high scoring game. The team that scores three times will probably win.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Well you said a few teams are hoping you guys get knocked off. the way it looks if we win out we will meet the week after fridays games.:dontthink

In order to be the man you gotta beat the man and right now Bell is da man. Not lookin for the Bobcats just yet we gotta handle business Friday. It is a bit funny to me that since LC has been getting some hype every post from a Bell fan has been somewhat negative hoping for us to stumble.:Thumbs:
Quote:In order to be the man you gotta beat the man and right now Bell is da man. Not lookin for the Bobcats just yet we gotta handle business Friday. It is a bit funny to me that since LC has been getting some hype every post from a Bell fan has been somewhat negative hoping for us to stumble.

Spoking like a true sportsman
if you was in our shoes would you not what probably your toughest opponent to lose so you will have kind of an easier way thats why we hope Boyle gets beat by Lex cath i know everybody want to beat the good teams but IMO I would like to have an easier route and to keep players healthy
Well its time to get down to business.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:In My Honest Opinion Knox beats Lawrence so dont even worry about them having to play Bell

The shocking part is that you claim to have an honest opinion.
kc 27

lc21
Lawrence County hasn't got much respect all year. Same deal this week. A LOT of people don't think the Dawgs are capable of beating a team that was beat by Somerset, North Laurel, Clay County, and Bell County. They nearly lost to Williamsburg and Rockcastle County. I'm not trying to take anything away from Knox Central but they're not the team everyone is touting so high either. Knox Central has a questionable pass defense, good run defense, a good running back in Merida, and descent QB in Barger. Coming into the playoffs Barger had 88/138 1237 passing yards with a 63% passing pct, 13 TD's with 7 Interceptions. Merida had 1397 yards rushing while averaging 8 yards per carry with 12 TD's. If Lawrence County can be effective defending the pass, they will win this game. The Bulldog secondary have some playmakers and do a fairly good job. I feel confident the Bulldogs can stop the pass of Knox Central, and i'm positive they can stop the run. Knox will probably stack the box and play man coverage on the LC receivers. This will play into the Dawgs favor. I look for Hayden Kiser to have a very good game while throwing for 2-3 TD's. LC has multiple receivers capable of making big plays. I can't wait for this matchup.
I remember the last time Knox came up to Louisa to play, it was my senior year 2001 and we lade the wood to them 48-0. We then lost the next game to Bell 8-0. Bulldogs will be ready for this game, the team knows what task is at hand and how to take care of business.
Good luck Bull Dawgs, you got to win this one , to get to the next one.:rockon:
My Opinions Matter
Lc by 6
WildDawg Wrote:I'm not trying to take anything away from Knox Central but they're not the team everyone is touting so high either. Knox Central has a questionable pass defense, good run defense, a good running back in Merida, and descent QB in Barger. .

I agree. I think you guys should just go ahead and spend the week getting ready for Bell. Get a jump on it, so to speak. Don't worry about KC at all. I mean, you know Lawrence is much better than Williamsburg.

The Boyd County fans I talked to said KC was much better than Lawrence but I wouldn't let that worry me. I don't think they like y'all very much. I can't imagine why. You sure seem like gracious fans to me.
Stumpjumper Wrote:I agree. I think you guys should just go ahead and spend the week getting ready for Bell. Get a jump on it, so to speak. Don't worry about KC at all. I mean, you know Lawrence is much better than Williamsburg.

I dont know where you guys come up with some of this stuff. But trust me the coaches know how dangerous Knox is and is preparing for them like they do each week.. You cant afford to look ahead because if you get caught looking ahead then you will be watching from the stands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
The Boyd County fans I spoke with all said KC was better than Lawrence County but I wouldn't worry about that too much. I don't think they like y'all very much. I can't imagine why.
Who's to say Bell is going to get by Rockcastle?
Batpuff Wrote:I dont know where you guys come up with some of this stuff. .

I got it from the post I quoted.
CatDawg Wrote:Who's to say Bell is going to get by Rockcastle?

Then maybe you should devote a little time to Rockcastle this week. Just to be safe.

Hey, I'm a KC fan. Just throwing a little sarcasm Wild dawg's way. He seemed a bit concerned that KC had some trouble with Williamsburg.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:if you was in our shoes would you not what probably your toughest opponent to lose so you will have kind of an easier way thats why we hope Boyle gets beat by Lex cath i know everybody want to beat the good teams but IMO I would like to have an easier route and to keep players healthy
[SIZE=2]
I can honestly say that the only reason I would like to see rockcastle beat bell co is so we would have another home play off game. Besides that I really hope we can take care of business this week with KC. We all know that Bell Co has a great team and we would all love to get the chance to go up against them. I have been to log mountain several times and the fans have always treated us very good. We know it's going to take our best game of the year to beat KC but I feel that we can. Then it will be the match up that most has been waiting for. If we make it to Bell I think it will be a toss up. And the hidden factor will be Mr. Hilton he's a great coach. With that said and if we make it there I would still have to pick the Dawgs. But boy there's a lot of if's here :biggrin: GO DAWGS
[/SIZE]
CatDawg Wrote:Who's to say Bell is going to get by Rockcastle?

You are kidding right? :please: Bell can play on their worst night and win this region. They are that good.

Better not worry too much about Barger's arm and more about his legs that is when he is at his best. Remember this name also Turpin.

I look forward to the trip to Louisa should be a great atmosphere. I am glad to see LC coming back to life but they are not ready to compete for the regional title yet.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next