Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should be Mr. Football
I'm Sure Blume Is A Good Running Back. But Come On Is He Really Mr. Football Material. Johnson Central Has One Good Team With One Good Back And All Of The Sudden He's Mr. Football. If Belfry,s Backs Last Year Wasnt Mr.football Then Neither Is Mr. Blume. I Saw Them All Play,he Couldnt Have Started For Belfry Last Year.
Why couldnt he have started for them last year, he was just as good last year, just learning the new offense., they good have used him last year, would have been a good combination.
He Couldnt Have Started Because, He's Not As Good As Jones Or Howard, Where Would He Have Started, Maybe Qb. I Understand The Excitment, But I'm Just Being Realistic. Is He As Good A Running Back As West From Lawrence Co. He Wasnt Mr. Football Either.
VINCE VEGA Wrote:He Couldnt Have Started Because, He's Not As Good As Jones Or Howard, Where Would He Have Started, Maybe Qb. I Understand The Excitment, But I'm Just Being Realistic. Is He As Good A Running Back As West From Lawrence Co. He Wasnt Mr. Football Either.
:ChairHit: Vince, Vince..Obviously biased am I, but you re ally should see #17 play..I have seen all 3 (the Belfry kids) also and he is easily in their class..IMHOConfusedalute:
VINCE VEGA Wrote:I'm Sure Blume Is A Good Running Back. But Come On Is He Really Mr. Football Material. Johnson Central Has One Good Team With One Good Back And All Of The Sudden He's Mr. Football. If Belfry,s Backs Last Year Wasnt Mr.football Then Neither Is Mr. Blume. I Saw Them All Play,he Couldnt Have Started For Belfry Last Year.

Yes, I think he is.
Your right just like i said, no one from eastern ky gets any props. and yea west and blume both could have started for belfry.
Paper Boy Wrote:To be candid, I think Ron Blume has had a great season, but if you're voting for Mr. Football as the best player, it would be impossible to go outside the trio of Burke, Johnson and Fidler.
Any way you want to measure it at this level or the next, these players are going to surpass all others in the state.
Is there a bias against players east of Winchester? Absolutely, but in this season no one has as yet made a quality case to crack that glass ceiling.

What if he played west or north of winchester. I guess that would make a difference. Someone shouldnt be penalized for were they are from.

I know he is a way better athlete then josh carrier and didnt josh win Mr basketball.
is jones play rb at the next level, i dont think so, returning kicks is a far cry from play rb, and i love watching jones play, lets see neither jone or howard had a big game against us like blume did this year. and our defense is about the same as last year.
Thats whats sad about kids from eastern ky they dont have a shot in hell in winning mr football, when was the last kid from eky ever win mr football, and where have the most mr footballs come from, what part of ky? thats they way i fell about, just ask catdawg, paper boy east ky sports guru, they all will tell you i have always felt this way about mr football.
batpuff Wrote:Thats whats sad about kids from eastern ky they dont have a shot in hell in winning mr football, when was the last kid from eky ever win mr football, and where have the most mr footballs come from, what part of ky? thats they way i fell about, just ask catdawg, paper boy east ky sports guru, they all will tell you i have always felt this way about mr football.

I agree with you here. :thumb:
Over the past 15 years Lawrence County had West, Parker and Wright just to name the top three that came through along with Hoss and none of the four got a passing thought of Mr. Football. Thats the way it is and the way it will remain.
Maybe we need to start a Mr. Eastern Kentucky Football.
Definetly there should be one.
It could truely showcase EKy Talent.
How come some people outside of Eastern Kentucky think they are far superior to us. It just aint right. Because they are no better than anyone else. Although they sometimes think they are.
first of all,blume is not mr football! There is no doubt in my mind that micah johnson will be mr.football and he deservedly should be. would you vote for blume who is not even close to being rated nationally over a guy like johnson who is #39 overall in the nation and the #i weakside defensive end in the NATION. Go to kentucky micah,we would absolutely love ya!
That's one thing about this site is to get more attention to EastKy players. Also to let everyone in this state realize that we can all get along and do what's best for all the kids in this state.
The problem is they get all the media coverage all year, were are the voters from, what region are they from. who decides who is even in the running, they should crawl out from under the rock they are covered by AND OPEN THERE EYES!!!!!!!!!!
phsblackcats Wrote:first of all,blume is not mr football! There is no doubt in my mind that micah johnson will be mr.football and he deservedly should be. would you vote for blume who is not even close to being rated nationally over a guy like johnson who is #39 overall in the nation and the #i weakside defensive end in the NATION. Go to kentucky micah,we would absolutely love ya!

who has better than numbers. Are there anything wrong with a kid winning something?????????????????????
I would like to know where the most mr footballs have come from what area of ky.
I bet I could guess correctly.
I wish i had a way to find out.
CatDawg Wrote:I bet I could guess correctly.

Confusedecret:
I'll check and see what I can find BatP.
sombody dropped somethingSmile
Micah Johnson... Fort Cambell
Nice Toolbox Nice
here is the past mr.football award winners and where they went to school and thier college

1986-Frank Jacobs NCC (Notre Dame)
1987-Kurt Baber Paducah Tilghman (Sothern Cal)
1988-Jeff Brohm Trinity (Louisville)
1989-Pookie Jones Calloway Co. (Kentucky)
1990-Damon Hood Warren Central (Kentucky)
1991-Scott Russell Evarts (Union)
1992-Billy Jack Haskins Paducah Tilghman (UK/Rhode Island)
1993-Jeremy Simpson Lincoln County (Cumberland)
1994-Shaun Alexander Boone County (Alabama)
1995-Tim Couch Leslie Co. (Kentucky)
1996-Derek Homer Ft. Knox (Kentucky)
1997-Dennis Johnson Harrodsburg (Kentucky)
1998-Jared Lorenzen Highlands (Kentucky)
1999-Travis Atwell Hancock Co. (Toledo/UK)
2000-Montrell Jones Male (Tennessee)
2001-Jeff Duggins Boyle (Alford St NY)
2002-Micheal Bush Male (Louisville)
2003-Brian Brohm Trinity (Louisville)
2004-Curtis Pulley Hopkinsville (Kentucky)

looks like louisville area is the only place in the state that produces "real" talent :Angry07:
nice list. Would evarts be consider EKY?? Looks like the only one on the list to me other than tim.
Sure don't see much east of I-75.