Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should be Mr. Football
I want your thoughts on this matter.

My first choice would be a member from the Dawg Pound, but My vote goes for Mr. Blumme from Johnson Central.
Is Justin Burke of LexCath a senior? If so, I'd say he'd have to be one of the front runners.
Not sure, and yea i would say he would be a real front runner
Isnt Blumes numbers enough to be considered?
Blume = EASTERN KY which = OVERLOOKED.
Burke, Fiddler, & Johnson are the favorites. Even tho Blume's stats are unreal, he hasn't played at a big enough stage to win it. You have to make a playoff run to win it and the votes will be in right after regional championship so he won't have had much time to make a case unless he does somthing fast. Burke plays in Lexington and gets a lot of exposure. Fiddler commited to UK and has gotten just as much exposure. Johnson is ranked one of the best LBs in the country, he has gotten as much if not more exposure than any. Blume's exposure has been good, but not of this magnitude. Blume may be a finalst, but he will not win it. West did not win it with his great nubers nor did Beach. It's hard to win it from eastern Kentucky unless you are hands down the best player in the state.
I agree and don't forget Parker on a running team held state records for Receiving yards, tds and receptions I believe were the three along with National record for one of those and third for one of the others. And didn't win it. Why you ask. EASTERN KENTUCKY
CatDawg Wrote:Blume = EASTERN KY which = OVERLOOKED.

I dont think thats right. :Angry07: But hats off to Blume. I would vote for him if I could.
torQQue Wrote:I dont think thats right. :Angry07: But hats off to Blume. I would vote for him if I could.

Thanks a lot guys. But what about Micah Johnson of Fort Campbell. I haven't seen him play but I've seen a picture of him and he's a pretty big ol' boy!!!
Yes he is JC17. By the way did you get another jersey?
Just like evrything else Eastern ky always gets overlooked. Look at all the great backs that came out of Lawrence and never once even got looked at by any of the voters.
CatDawg Wrote:Yes he is JC17. By the way did you get another jersey?

Yeah, hear nothing but great things about Johnson. Has to be good for ESPN to rank you #1 inside linebacker in the nation!!!!! :omg:

By the way, I have a new jersey but not #17. So I'm wearing 17 away jersey (if we win) and a different home jersey.
Gotcha

Good luck hope you pull it out Friday.
Thanks and good luck to everyone in AAA District 8, hope we all sweep the first round!!! :Cheerlead
Man that would be great.
No offense to Ron. But his numbers still aren't high enough to be considered. Arliss Beach had 2532 yards his senior season and didn't get notice for Mr. Football.
To be candid, I think Ron Blume has had a great season, but if you're voting for Mr. Football as the best player, it would be impossible to go outside the trio of Burke, Johnson and Fidler.
Any way you want to measure it at this level or the next, these players are going to surpass all others in the state.
Is there a bias against players east of Winchester? Absolutely, but in this season no one has as yet made a quality case to crack that glass ceiling.
CatDawg Wrote:Blume = EASTERN KY which = OVERLOOKED.

They always are, Slone from P-burg didn't even make an All-State team if I'm correct.

Burke from LexCath
Nice to see your back Paper boy.
Burke's numbers:

161 of 255 (63.1%) for 2654 yards
47 TDs and only 2 INTs in 10 games

Fidler's numbers:

154 of 250 (61.6%) for 2109 yards
23 TDs and 10 INTs in 10 games
what about some players that make plays on boths sides of the ball????????
By looking at those #'s I say burke has it hands down
What about the big guy from Ft. Cambell... Wasnt he ranked #1???
The guy from Ft. Campbell is Micah Johnson. He is also definently in the running. I would get his stats, but the KHSAA does't do a very good job of keeping individual defensive stats which is where he shines and gets most of his recognition.
At the beginning of the year I would have said Micah Johnson, hands down.

But after hearing about his attitude being just plain awful, if I had one vote it would go to Justin Burke of Lexington Catholic. Great player - signed with N.C. State, great student - probably LC's Valedictorian, fierce competitor & consummate teammate in the words of his coach, and he plays in Lexington.

Blume has had a great year and even if he leads his team into the playoffs it could be too little, too late. Most of the guys considered for this award had their names in the hat before the beginning of their senior seasons. Whether it be from a culmination of games throughout their career (Curtis Pulley of Hopkinsville), or good showings in the state finals (David Jones of Belfry), David was considered Top 5 prior to his senior season, or both (Kelvin Turner of Danville & Brandon Smith of Boyle Co.)

Thats not a knock on Blume either, he is a great back and I hope he is at least a Top 5 representative.

But in all honesty, the odds are against him.
To me, Mr. Football is far more than numbers. Mr. Football should be the best football player in the state. Regardless of numbers, age, grade, whatever....

Do you all that are saying it honestly think Ron Blume is the best football player in the state?

And if so, what Division 1 schools are recruiting him.......
I like bourke
Burke or Johnson will win it....

Trust me, if neither Doug Howard or David Jones even came close to being a front runner last year then Ron Blume has zero shot...
I never said that he was a front runner, I sai i would vote for him, its just like everyone else from eastern ky left out.
i think mikah johnson will be 05 mr football