Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jc
How far do you see this dangerouse team goin?

I think to the second round then being beat out of the second round to rock. :redboxer:
I agree, although they have the team to beat just about any 3A team.
They can't play Rock in second round. Bell is #1 so they would play them if they win first game. So I say there chances of losing to Rock in the second round is about 0%.
I honestly hope they win in the first and second rounds and Ashland does the same so Ashland gets another home playoff game, but I honestly do not think they will get past Madison Southern.
sorry sorry ok replace rock with bell lol my bad. Wink
I voted for second, and the LOSING to Rock.
Poll is fixed now tomcatnation.
jc is a very good football team they could make it to the regional championship but i think madison moves on this week
I will say they are going to fall in the first game to a strong Mad. Southern team but, it won't be by much. (Madison Southern 24 - Johnson Central 18) Sorry JC fans.
Why are Ashland people picking against JC against Madison Southern? JC took you to the wire at your place and your giving this team the nod against JC at JC. That makes me think you all feel like Madison Southern is also better than you considering the game against JC was so close. In the same logic if Madison Southern is better than you than so must be Rock and Bell since they both beat Mad. Southern.
Not saying there is anything wrong with picking Mad. Southern, just seems a little odd to me. I think JC beats Mad. Sotuhern at home, but traveling to Log Mountain and playing at the Hilton Hotel is hard for any team to over come. I think Matney's eagles are capable of beating both teams and even upending Rockcastle and winning the region, but they just have to take it one step at a time.

JC: 35
MS: 21
If you know many people from that district, most of them will tell you that Rock is clearcut #1, Mad South #2, and Bell #3. I didn't see the games but from what people that way say, Bell won both games very questionably and due to some extremely lucky calls in the game. But you can't argue wins and loses. They are what they are and they are set in stone.

Also, some teams mathcup much better with others. It's not that if Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C then it is known that Team A will beat Team C. (Take for instance, Russell beats Ashland 21-12. Boyd County beats Russell 33-14. Then Ashland beats Boyd County 35-8.) Some teams just have very favorable matchups. JC is playing to what I hear is a strength of the Mad South defense. Also, even though JC's defense has gotten better all season, they have been known to give up points to teams. I think the balanced attack Mad South brings to the game will give the JC defense some trouble.

Also, the biggest factor I see being a motivation for Mad South is that they feel they were WRONGED in their game against Bell County and it cost them the opportunity to host a playoff game. I think with that motivation to get to go back to Bell County and prove they were the better team will drive them to a tough earned victory over JC.
arguing with matneys prodigy is futile he knows all!!! no seriously he could tell you how to play water polo even if you can't swin he knows his stuff
I have a lot of respect for Matney's Prodigey. He makes a lot of great posts and comments. The way he is thought of in his area is the same as I tend to be thought of in my area. We're very knowledgeable people who will undoubtedly be a coach at some point in our lives.
Clay County JOE Wrote:If you know many people from that district, most of them will tell you that Rock is clearcut #1, Mad South #2, and Bell #3. I didn't see the games but from what people that way say, Bell won both games very questionably and due to some extremely lucky calls in the game. But you can't argue wins and loses. They are what they are and they are set in stone.

Also, some teams mathcup much better with others. It's not that if Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C then it is known that Team A will beat Team C. (Take for instance, Russell beats Ashland 21-12. Boyd County beats Russell 33-14. Then Ashland beats Boyd County 35-8.) Some teams just have very favorable matchups. JC is playing to what I hear is a strength of the Mad South defense. Also, even though JC's defense has gotten better all season, they have been known to give up points to teams. I think the balanced attack Mad South brings to the game will give the JC defense some trouble.

Also, the biggest factor I see being a motivation for Mad South is that they feel they were WRONGED in their game against Bell County and it cost them the opportunity to host a playoff game. I think with that motivation to get to go back to Bell County and prove they were the better team will drive them to a tough earned victory over JC.

I guess your way of explaining it to Mat Pro was much better than, "because I said so".:BigLaugh: But seriously though, I picked Mad. Southern because I've heard their D is quite similar (although definetly not better:no: ) than Ashland's D. If this proves to be the case, then they will most likely stop the one-sided offense of JC which relies heavily on one player. Unless JC comes out with a different game plan (i.e., a passing game) then they will come up short in another close game.
its not we are hating on them its just our point of view, but hey in the playoffs anything can happen. Wink
i would like see them meet up with ashland again but i dunno
I am in the District with Madison Southern and they are a great team so I think JC will get upset first game.
TomcatDad81 Wrote:I will say they are going to fall in the first game to a strong Mad. Southern team but, it won't be by much. (Madison Southern 24 - Johnson Central 18) Sorry JC fans.

Why is that ? your not scared that JC will play ashland again are ya?
with a straight up and down game!!!!! then it will be sorry ashland fans:rock:

GO JC !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tough Turf Wrote:Why is that ? your not scared that JC will play ashland again are ya?

GO JC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now now now lets not get the fighting now he was just sayin that madison is told to have one mean D. But hey if they do meet up again the mud cleats will be commin into fashion. Wink
TomcatDad81 Wrote:I guess your way of explaining it to Mat Pro was much better than, "because I said so".:BigLaugh: But seriously though, I picked Mad. Southern because I've heard their D is quite similar (although definetly not better:no: ) than Ashland's D. If this proves to be the case, then they will most likely stop the one-sided offense of JC which relies heavily on one player. Unless JC comes out with a different game plan (i.e., a passing game) then they will come up short in another close game.

And by this post you are wrong. I myself get about 20-22 carries a game, the big FB Blake Johnson gets about 13-15 a game, and Sean Music gets about 12-15 a game. And then Shawn Grimm gets 5 or 6 a game. Obvisously by the last couple of weeks you can see that we do not rely on one player.

Against Mason County:
Blake Johnson-----80-90 yards 4 td's
Blume-----210-230 yards 1 td
Now you know what he ment he did say they do make their attention wide on blume and he is one heck of a runner but once u shut that down it seems the O has a hard time finding ways to pick the ball down the field. for example the ashland game where it had to come down to a last second fg but no matter what jc is jc and they are a good to thats y it is ashland and jc owning the district now lets own the reg. Wink
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:And by this post you are wrong. I myself get about 20-22 carries a game, the big FB Blake Johnson gets about 13-15 a game, and Sean Music gets about 12-15 a game. And then Shawn Grimm gets 5 or 6 a game. Obvisously by the last couple of weeks you can see that we do not rely on one player.

Against Mason County:
Blake Johnson-----80-90 yards 4 td's
Blume-----210-230 yards 1 td

Whether JC relies on one player or 3...they still have a run oriented offense and any team with a strong defense will keep your yardage down. (i.e., the APB game.) Blume only had 11 yds in the first half and 99 yds for the game. Not much of a threat against a good defensive team (Mason and Boyd...no Defense) and a far cry from the 200 or 300 yds everyone thought Blume would get against Ashland.
Tough Turf Wrote:Why is that ? your not scared that JC will play ashland again are ya?

GO JC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly hope JC does make it through the first 2 games and Ashland does likewise. That way APB would get another home game against JC. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for this game. That way when Blume gets shut down again folks can't say, "it was the sloppy field conditions" that kept him under a 100 yds. Guess all those APB defenders hitting him in the backfield had nothing to do with his poor numbers.:BigLaugh:
GO TOMCATS!!!
TomcatDad81 Wrote:I honestly hope JC does make it through the first 2 games and Ashland does likewise. That way APB would get another home game against JC. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for this game. That way when Blume gets shut down again folks can't say, "it was the sloppy field conditions" that kept him under a 100 yds. Guess all those APB defenders hitting him in the backfield had nothing to do with his poor numbers.:BigLaugh:

GO TOMCATS!!!

Fine with me, we do have other players and you guys met Blake Johnson who also had 100+ yards.

And poor numbers????? Officially 15 carries for 109 yards. That's 7.3 yards per carry.................................................................??????
I'll take those numbers anyday JC17.
CatDawg Wrote:I'll take those numbers anyday JC17.

Thank you CD.

Numbers do not matter anyways, if a team wins is what matters. Ashland won, and that is that. Just keep telling yourself that we're making excuses if it makes you feel better. (Not pointing this post towards you CD)
I know its been that way for years.
Hey JCRunningMachine#17, clear your PM box.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Hey JCRunningMachine#17, clear your PM box.

Done, sorry about that. Are you only allowed a certain amount of messages in your PM box? (off topic, sorry)
Yeah you can only keep 50 in it. That includes inbox and outbox.