Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central decline?
have they really fallen back this much? with a 23-12 win over shawnee they must have really declined. last year if they didnt up 40+ points in the district something was wrong. anyone have any input?
i was thinking the same thing.i can only figure they must rely on defense to win ballgames.if you lookk closely at their offensive stats nothing jumps off the page as impressive.i think they are only avg. around 25pts a game.the defense is really stout led by their middle backer tim patterson.i can only hope they are down as spencer is about to get a first hand look in the first round
I am very surprised by the score. I thought Centeral had so much talent returning it would not be a contest in AAA
They wil still win 3a in my opinion, if they dont then I feel Belfry will
union county will have a big say come semifinals, considering central has to come to the west this year.
For the past couple of years Central has played a very tough non-district schedule, in 2007 they were 5-5, in 2008 they were 6-3 and won the state title both of those years. IMO this season is no different, everyone of their non distict opponents are 6A schools, if you look back to last year, Centrals wins over 2 of their 3 district opponents were only by 2 TDs, much like this years games.
Yea, just keep thinking that Central is down. That's when they will come back and bite you. Never underestimate Central. How many teams have taken on Louis. St. X and Male. Central does. They are tough and Scroggans is doing a heck of a job there.:Cheerlead
UCFB Wrote:have they really fallen back this much? with a 23-12 win over shawnee they must have really declined. last year if they didnt up 40+ points in the district something was wrong. anyone have any input?

They still haven't lost to a 3A team in almost 3 years... Confusedhh:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They still haven't lost to a 3A team in almost 3 years... Confusedhh:

The 3A championship will go through Central at some point.
UCFB Wrote:union county will have a big say come semifinals, considering central has to come to the west this year.

they cant beat madisonville,union county wont have a say,central will roll over them if they make it that far.
cuppett777 Wrote:they cant beat madisonville,union county wont have a say,central will roll over them if they make it that far.

you dont realize how close the madisonville game really was and how many bad calls union had agianst them. devin foster unions 2000+ yard rusher from 08 was out along with a starting linebacker. it was 17-23 until 3 minutes left, union has come along way since then.
UCFB Wrote:you dont realize how close the madisonville game really was and how many bad calls union had agianst them. devin foster unions 2000+ yard rusher from 08 was out along with a starting linebacker. it was 17-23 until 3 minutes left, union has come along way since then.

yea, i listen to it and was 17-0 for long time, and a guy i work with son plays for them,central ran all over madisonville in preseason,i dont think union can stay within 2tds of central even if they have to come to union co,better get there first..TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho,just like belfry need to go one game at a time,pirates over look breahitt last year after they beat them by 40 year beofre last and they sit at home last year for the finals
Union County would be well-served to be concerned with just its next game. Don't forget this is the team that had to come from behind on its own field to edge Tilghman, which is a very average team.
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:They wil still win 3a in my opinion, if they dont then I feel Belfry will

finally something we can agree on
What people have to understand, is that Central is in downtown louisville. Shawnee is also....This game is so much bigger than football. Shawnee has the kids central didnt want..the kids that got looked over time and time again.

This score is much like the Central-Western game last year. Both schools on the West End....its a rivarly on the field...basketball....etc.

Central is fine. Is Belfry really just 8 points better than PCC....or did the hawks have something to prove???

Central is the run away favorite to win it all IMO
Tica Wrote:Union County would be well-served to be concerned with just its next game. Don't forget this is the team that had to come from behind on its own field to edge Tilghman, which is a very average team.

thank you for posting that i forgot that
central is the favorite, but dont think a run away,i think belfry is 3tds better than pcc if they play a whole game ,instead of when they need to win, central didnt beat a down e-town team like they should have either, central will be in the finals,barring some unseen let down,i like belfry chances, but one game at a time, i will be at the finals reguardless who makes it from the east,just hope my pirates make and take down central
Both E-town and Central had the luxury of meeting Central on terrible fields. I think that all who have not seen Central play this year will find that they are a lot deeper than they have been in the past. They are playing a lot of younger guys to get them ready to contribute in the future. I think in the past they have played their starters deep into the game and it caused for a drop off from 1st to 2nd units late lst season and early this year. They are solving that issue by playing their second units more. The E-town game was at one point 21-0 and the Shawnee game was 22-0 both games had backups see extended time. The Shawnee game central had 3 starters that did not even make the trip due to having the flu. 3 others didn't play until the second half and even then it was sparingly. They Started 2 Freshman Defensive lineman and a Freshman QB all of whom played really well.
If anyone in 3A is going to beat them, they must match Central's athleticism. No one in 3A has proved that they can do this since the reclassification. I don't think it will change this season either.
If i recall i do believe patterson is out for the rest of the season?? anyone know what type of injury?
Don't be blinded by Central's record or scores. Until they're re-classed....they are the biggest threat to everyone.......and they are the favorite.

Forget Mason, Somerset and probably everyone else. Until a 3A school beats them...they're definitely the King of the Mountain....

Unfortunately...I don't see anyone beating them this year either...
Kentucky Wildcat 12 Wrote:If i recall i do believe patterson is out for the rest of the season?? anyone know what type of injury?

Patterson is not hurt. In fact he is starting both at MLB and TE he just hasn't showed up in terms of stats the last couple of weeks. He is going to have to pick it up though for Central to get a third.
ok thanks for clearing that up there has been some roomers saying that he is... but he is by far centrals best athlete and yeas you are right none of his stats have jumped off the page...
patterson is one of the best players in the state
can teams not have a couple of bad games......there is nothing wrong with central.....they will play for the 3a state championship again against belfry......they will probably win.....they have the hardest schedule of any team considering their class
cuppett777 Wrote:patterson is one of the best players in the state

i agree.....i hope he goes to UK lol......do you think hes better the ridge wilson and mister cobble
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If anyone in 3A is going to beat them, they must match Central's athleticism. No one in 3A has proved that they can do this since the reclassification. I don't think it will change this season either.

I agree Blackcat. The speed factor gives Central a huge advantage over any team from the east.
Patterson has more upside in terms of size at 6'5 220 and the potential to play multiple positions LB, DE, TE but to answer your question on whether he is better than Wilson and Cobble the answer is no. He is a year younger than those guys were during their senior seasons and he shows it in his play that the light has not come on yet. I know that as a 4 year starter the coaches have expected more out of him this year. The lose of Wilson and Cobble have somewhat exposed his weaknesses which he hasn't seem to overcome because they have been the same things that he had 2 years ago.
Kentucky Wildcat 12 Wrote:ok thanks for clearing that up there has been some roomers saying that he is... but he is by far centrals best athlete and yeas you are right none of his stats have jumped off the page...

I am telling you Patterson has problems with being coached,he is a great athlete but we saw him this summer at 7 on 7 and he didnt do much and coach actully took him out,their split end and qb are best athlete just dont have name as does patterson,noway is he top player in state and wouldnt be surprised if UK dont get him they really need him,hahaha looking over a few good Eastern Ky kids and choose a problem kid from L'ville sounds good dont it!!Go Bobcats