3. Crittenden County
4. Beechwood (1)
5. Frankfort
6. Hazard
7. Allen Central
8. Bellevue
9. Fairview
10. Holy Cross (Lou.)

Others receiving votes: 11, Raceland 16. 12, Pikeville 12. 13, Harlan 7. 13, Campbellsville 7. 15, Williamsburg 4. 16, Bethlehem 3. 17, Eminence 2.

Class 2A

1. Fort Campbell (20)
2. Prestonsburg (1)
3. Corbin
4. Murray
5. Monroe County
6. DeSales
7. Green County
8. Newport Central Catholic
9. Shelby Valley
10. Louisville Christian Academy

Others receiving votes: 11, Cov. Holy Cross 10. 12, Trigg County 5. 13, Hancock County 2. 13, Bardstown 2.

Class 3A

1. Mason County (12)
2. Somerset (5)
3. Belfry
4. Central (Lou.) (4)
5. Russell
6. Henry County
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Union Co.
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Western Hills

Others receiving votes: 11, Edmonson County 13. 12, North Oldham 12. 13, Lou. Shawnee 6. 13, Fleming County 6. 15, West Carter 5. 16, Paducah Tilghman 4. 16, McLean County 4. 18, Russellville 3.

Class 4A

1. Boyle County (18)
2. Bell County (3)
3. Lone Oak
4. Allen County-Scottsville
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Lawrence County
7. Marion County
8. Franklin-Simpson
9. Holmes
10. West Jessamine
(tie) Western (Lou.)

Others receiving votes: 12, Valley (Lou.) 14. 13, Rowan County 2. 14, Hopkins County Central 2. 14, Knox Central 2.

Class 5A

1. Highlands (21)
2. Bowling Green
3. John Hardin
4. Christian County
5. Anderson County
6. Owensboro
7. Ashland Blazer
8. Grayson County
9. Harlan County
10. Covington Catholic
(tie) Johnson Central

Others receiving votes: 12, Bullitt Central 18. 13, Dixie Heights 12. 14, Perry County Central 10. 15, Oldham County 8. 16, Letcher County Central 6. 17, Southwestern 3. 18, Whitley County 2.

Class 6A

1. Saint Xavier (Lou.) (21)
2. Trinity (Lou.)
3. Simon Kenton
4. Scott County
5. Ballard (Lou.)
6. Henry Clay (Lex.)
7. Male (Lou.)
8. Fern Creek (Lou.)
9. Bryan Station (Lex.)
10. Greenwood
(tie) DuPont Manual (Lou.)

Others receiving votes: 12, Ryle 23. 13, Shelby County 20. 14, Conner 12. 15, Henderson Co. 8. 16, Butler (Lou.) 4. 17, Central Hardin 3.
Fairview over raceland:zzz:
Go Rebels!:wenumber1
I do think W. Jessamine should go up on that list though!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Fairview over raceland:zzz:

What a joke!
Edit: I forgot they beat Bracken County.
I know Mayfield is an excellent team...but I just dont see any 1A teams beating LCA. But thats why they play the games!!!
Good luck Red Devils hope you beat Raceland bad this week. Fairview and Raceland are equal average teams both are deserving of top 10 rankings. Raceland's district is very good, I think all 4 teams have a shot in the first round of playoffs to win.
russellpride Wrote:Good luck Red Devils hope you beat Raceland bad this week. Fairview and Raceland are equal average teams both are deserving of top 10 rankings. Raceland's district is very good, I think all 4 teams have a shot in the first round of playoffs to win.

I wouldn't say Raceland's district is very good is a little worse than Russell's. LCA is very good but the rest of the teams in that district are average (Raceland,Fairview) and
below average (nicholas,paris).
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I wouldn't say Raceland's district is very good is a little worse than Russell's. LCA is very good but the rest of the teams in that district are average (Raceland,Fairview) and

I wouldn't say Raceland is average.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I wouldn't say Raceland is average.

Well what would you call them 5-4 sure seems average to me or I guess you could call them below average as well.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I wouldn't say Raceland's district is very good is a little worse than Russell's. LCA is very good but the rest of the teams in that district are average (Raceland,Fairview) and

I disagree but everyone has their own opinion. For single A football it's a very good and competitive district. West and Fleming are very average also for that district. Mason and Russell are good.
:please:Our district is awful! It is run by two teams year in year out and thats us and LCA. Whatever happened to the district I played in at Raceland? Nicholas won in 00, Paris in 01, Raceland in 02, and Fairview in 03.
Paris has only won one game all season. And Nicholas County has only won two and that's against Bath County and Lewis County.
But then again when you really look at it. Most districts are won by two teams. Same goes for Mason and Russell.
Central YellowJackets are #1 in 3A, these ranking mean nothhing to them, because they have lost to 4 6-A schools, and beat the #5 6A school Ballard.

in 5A, JC just beat Ashland at Putnam, and Ashland is still ranked higher than Johnson Central??????
The Iceboxx Wrote:Central YellowJackets are #1 in 3A, these ranking mean nothhing to them, because they have lost to 4 6-A schools, and beat the #5 6A school Ballard.

in 5A, JC just beat Ashland at Putnam, and Ashland is still ranked higher than Johnson Central??????

It was at JC.
^^^ Same deal for the Rams we beat Fairview and they're still ranked above us.
i think these rankings are questionable at best........allen central isnt better than any of the other top 10 teams in 1a and their not better than raceland.....central should be #1 in 3a they play probablly the toughest schedule in state....breathitt has no quality wins....christian co is better than their ranked....johnson central is overrated....and lcc should be in top 10 5a.....and as for some of the posts on this thread....nicholas and paris are horrible this year.....im just sayin
russellpride Wrote:I disagree but everyone has their own opinion. For single A football it's a very good and competitive district. West and Fleming are very average also for that district. Mason and Russell are good.

i think fleming is above average this year
I'd venture to say both Fleming and West both are above average this year. Even though both lost to Russell they have much better teams from previous years.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I'd venture to say both Fleming and West both are above average this year. Even though both lost to Russell they have much better teams from previous years.
:Thumbs: This is one of the best teams West has ever had.
russellpride Wrote:Good luck Red Devils hope you beat Raceland bad this week. Fairview and Raceland are equal average teams both are deserving of top 10 rankings. Raceland's district is very good, I think all 4 teams have a shot in the first round of playoffs to win.

Do you really? Since in the Russell/Raceland thread you said "I could see Raceland losing to a team like Lynn Camp first round"?? And you also think Nicholas County could beat Hazard? Hazard is no slouch ask LCA.
4A's top 5 hasn't changed in awhile and it looks good to me. I wonder who the BGR polls will look tonight compared to the AP Poll.
Go bobcats #2...lol
no surprises no where but what can you do when the people that makes these polls only venture so far down I-75 its hard to get noticed only reason Bell is #2 is cause we won state last year
The Iceboxx Wrote:Central YellowJackets are #1 in 3A, these ranking mean nothhing to them, because they have lost to 4 6-A schools, and beat the #5 6A school Ballard.

The game was at JC, but I do agree with you that these rankings are meaningless. Most of the writers who vote in these things vote based on Wins-Loses Record and not the quality of a schedule or the lack thereof. The AP Poll has always been good bulletin board material, and will always be. The main things is JC is #1 in the district while Ashland is #2 at best. And as you suggest about Central, the difficult schedule has paid dividends through the past few years and I would say it will this year as well.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Do you really? Since in the Russell/Raceland thread you said "I could see Raceland losing to a team like Lynn Camp first round"?? And you also think Nicholas County could beat Hazard? Hazard is no slouch ask LCA.

I think Raceland can win against Lynn Camp good luck to them, Nicholas wouldn't play Hazard. They would play Campbellsville. Good luck to all teams rest of way.
Sheriik Wrote:I do think W. Jessamine should go up on that list though!

thanks for the props but after Boyle game they know how far it is to the top. lol Im still havening nightmares about your guy,s line. best ive ever seen. you guys gained a lot of fans after that game great young men.
Now there's Allen County at number 4..thats better LOL.
Bell County and Boyle County is the two favorite in the 4A

Highlands is the favorite to win the 5A State Championship game

St. Xavier and Trinity(Lou) are the two favorite in the 6A State Tournament if they don't play each other before the State Championship game
Bell Co in my eyes are #1 in 4A!!!!!!!!
How do you get Fairview ahead of Raceland when Raceland beat Fairview 14-6. Held Fairview to 109 total yards. Beat East Carter 46-10. And Fairview lost to East Carter.