Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 85 Knott County Central 34
Corbin outscored Knott Co. Central 49-0 in second half....after leading 36-34 at the half.
Final.
I've clicked on this three times now to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Um,Run up the score?
And they talk about Breathitt running it up.....geeeesh
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Congrats Corbin!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:And they talk about Breathitt running it up.....geeeesh

It sounded from the updates that Corbin actually pulled their starters at some point though.
Corbin found their swagger in the 2nd half.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Corbin found their swagger in the 2nd half.

Please no.... I am so sick of "swagger" (see my thread in the college forum)
Shouldn't this be in the basketball forum? Wink

Would like to hear some details from the KCC/Corbin faithful.

Congrats Corbin!
WOW Corbin goes off in the second half!!!!
This is the most bizarre score I have seen in a while, especially looking at the halftime score.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Please no.... I am so sick of "swagger" (see my thread in the college forum)

Nobody cares, you're about the only person not pulling for Miami this year. Tons of people have jumped on the bandwagon.
Early reports have Watkins with 451 yards total offense. He scored 8 TDs. He carried the ball 8 times in the first half for 275 yards. He had a receiving TD, two punt return TDs, and 5 rushing TDs he would have had another 69 yard TD but was called back on a holding penalty. The Defense stunk it up the first half and then came out the second half finally ready to play. The starters were pulled when the game was in control in the third. Jewell does not purposely run up a score. Hounds just had a fire lit under them at the half and played ball the second half.
There was no sarcasm in my post. Much like how there is no sarcasm in this post. :Thumbs:
Really?????.....Really????:please:
WOW.. that's all I got to say
PC_You_Know Wrote:Nobody cares, you're about the only person not pulling for Miami this year. Tons of people have jumped on the bandwagon.

I vow to never root for the Dade County Detention Center Hurricanes...a.k.a. Miami.

And it amazes me how anyone who calls themself a man would root for them. However, Randy Shannon does have more integrity than some of their past coaches.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Early reports have Watkins with 451 yards total offense. He scored 8 TDs. He carried the ball 8 times in the first half for 275 yards. He had a receiving TD, two punt return TDs, and 5 rushing TDs he would have had another 69 yard TD but was called back on a holding penalty. The Defense stunk it up the first half and then came out the second half finally ready to play. The starters were pulled when the game was in control in the third. Jewell does not purposely run up a score. Hounds just had a fire lit under them at the half and played ball the second half.

Watkins had 451 yards on the plays in which he scored a touchdown, so he had at least 451 total yard. I know that he had a carry or two where he did not score.

Derek Forrest
http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt
PITIFUL!!! This is exactly what NO CLASS is! Sorry! 85 points?
How are you supposed to tell kids not to play? The Freshmen and JV scored the final two touchdowns. A couple other touchdowns came due to turnovers or good field position. I'd rather go down swinging then have a team start taking a knee with 15 minutes left in the game. I'm sure there is no questioning of Corbin's class. 2 years ago, Corbin was up 40-0 on KCC. That was within SIX MINUTES OF PLAY? Freshmen and JV played the rest of the way.
WOW! Redhounds dominate.

At what point do you say, "Hey, I am up by 50+ points in the second half, I think I am going to slow down." If you are Corbin, you don't.
Well they didn't get up 50 plus until their last score if it was 36-34 at the half.
congrats corbin
As one of KCC football biggest supporters, I can tell you Corbin DIDNOT run up the score! It's my belief that after the high scoring 1st. half the Patriots were emotionally spent! KCC gave the short field to Corbin many times in the 2nd half leading to easy scores for Corbin. If KCC can see fit to learn to play defense the next 2 weeks they have a shot at hosting a home playoff game.In the 1st. half they just simply ran power football, Corbin made the defensive adjustments after halftime, and Watkins deserves all the press he gets! 1st half was one **** of a game!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:PITIFUL!!! This is exactly what NO CLASS is! Sorry! 85 points?

Bull Butter!

The score was 36-34 at the half.

Corbin played a great 3rd Q and took advantage of turnovers and short fields. They scored to go up 72-34 and pulled their starters at the end of the 3rd. That is a 38 point lead, not even enough for a running clock.

The JV and Frosh scored the last two TDs.

There is nothing classless about that.
killerb Wrote:As one of KCC football biggest supporters, I can tell you Corbin DIDNOT run up the score! It's my belief that after the high scoring 1st. half the Patriots were emotionally spent! KCC gave the short field to Corbin many times in the 2nd half leading to easy scores for Corbin. If KCC can see fit to learn to play defense the next 2 weeks they have a shot at hosting a home playoff game.In the 1st. half they just simply ran power football, Corbin made the defensive adjustments after halftime, and Watkins deserves all the press he gets! 1st half was one **** of a game!!
If killer b says they were not it is good enough for me. Keep your head up KCC and keep working hard.
Score was run up the last 3 TD"S they went for 2 pt conv. They didn't not put the JV in until the beginning of the 4th quarter.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Bull Butter!

The score was 36-34 at the half.

Corbin played a great 3rd Q and took advantage of turnovers and short fields. They scored to go up 72-34 and pulled their starters at the end of the 3rd. That is a 38 point lead, not even enough for a running clock.

The JV and Frosh scored the last two TDs.

There is nothing classless about that.

When you score 85 points and still going for 2 pt conversions on the last 3 td's instead of field goals that is classless. Up 38 points and still throwing passes (and scoring)with varsity players in the game classless. The last 4 td's Corbin short kicks the ball on kick offs?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Score was run up the last 3 TD"S they went for 2 pt conv. They didn't not put the JV in until the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Corbin pulled the starters when they went up by 38. They don't have a JV PAT team, so have to run the point after, kneeling would be worse, kind of embarrassing to the defense.
corbin brought there powder puff girls and let them play the first half thats why it was so close at the half...... coach jewell got mad at them and pulled them in the 3rd because he was ****ed that they gave up 34 to kcc....and then he put in his dogs and the rest is high school football history!