Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
79.66%
Greenup County
20.34%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Greenup County 10/9
People don't realize the GC team is much improved since those first two games. Additional players from injury list to transfers has really help this team. OL and DL are playing very well. This game should come down to who wants the win more. Gut check.Confusedhh:
It may not be a cake walk, or it may be how do we know? No one can tell the future. I'm sure GC has worked really hard and their fans don't want it to be a cake walk but you never know it might be, and then again it could be a really hard fought game. I would like to see a good clean hard fought game.
I think I am more interested to all the BS and arguing that will take place AFTER the game on here than I am the actual game Big Grin
From film I've seen on the Greenup/Rowan game, Rowan played terrible in the first half; the biggest part being a lack of wrapping-up on tackles. Don't expect Lawrence to let as many tackles slip that Rowan did.

#27 is great at shooting the gap, but isn't really all that fast.
Well we've only had one week to talk about this game while the JC/Ashland thread has been up for 2 weeks and this thread isn't that far behind on post. Shows that it has certainly generated some interest. Go dawgs.
CatDawg Wrote:Well we've only had one week to talk about this game while the JC/Ashland thread has been up for 2 weeks and this thread isn't that far behind on post. Shows that it has certainly generated some interest. Go dawgs.
I Noticed that also. But every game LC has been in this year they have really had the hit's on there form here on BGR no matter who they was playing. That tells me that they are a lot of eye's on these Dawgs from all around the state.
old warrior Wrote:Also Kosar, it was their homecoming game, I also noticed the empty seats across the field, where was all that support, up until this year, LC had only won 10 games in 5 years, with last year 0-11, I guess it was hard to sit in the rain, when you knew what the outcome would be, win or lose we support our team, period. :biggrin:

GOOD FOR YOU OLE WARRIOR DAWG CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY LOSE BUT SEE HERE IN LAWRENCE CO WILL NOT STAND FOR LOSING. I WILL BE FIRST TO ADMIT I WAS HARD ON LC COACHS LAST YEAR BUT I ALSO WENT AND APOLOGIZED FOR BEING HARD. LAWRENCE COUNTY IS EXPECTED TO WIN EVERY YEAR GOOD YEAR OR NOT. ITS TRADITION HERE BUT WANT ADD UP WINS ADD THEM UP ON WHAT REALLY COUNTS HOW MANY PLAYOFF GAMES HAS GC WON COMPARED TO LC. AND COMPARE PLAYERS FROM LAWRENCE TO GC OVER THE YEARS. WHERE ARE THEY NOW SEVERAL TO MANY TO COUNT COACHING COLLEGE LEVEL ONE IN THE PROS AND SEVERAL IN THE HIGH SCHOOL RANKS. OH YEAH YOU HAVE ONE OF EM. COPLEY I NEVER LIKED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE AND REALLY DON'T NOW. :ChairHit:
^^^My letters are bigger than yours!

GO GREENUP!:runtouchd :runtouchd :runtouchd
OK, let's get it back on the game and game only.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:GOOD FOR YOU OLE WARRIOR DAWG CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY LOSE BUT SEE HERE IN LAWRENCE CO WILL NOT STAND FOR LOSING. I WILL BE FIRST TO ADMIT I WAS HARD ON LC COACHS LAST YEAR BUT I ALSO WENT AND APOLOGIZED FOR BEING HARD. LAWRENCE COUNTY IS EXPECTED TO WIN EVERY YEAR GOOD YEAR OR NOT. ITS TRADITION HERE BUT WANT ADD UP WINS ADD THEM UP ON WHAT REALLY COUNTS HOW MANY PLAYOFF GAMES HAS GC WON COMPARED TO LC. AND COMPARE PLAYERS FROM LAWRENCE TO GC OVER THE YEARS. WHERE ARE THEY NOW SEVERAL TO MANY TO COUNT COACHING COLLEGE LEVEL ONE IN THE PROS AND SEVERAL IN THE HIGH SCHOOL RANKS. OH YEAH YOU HAVE ONE OF EM. COPLEY I NEVER LIKED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE AND REALLY DON'T NOW. :ChairHit:
How many state championships do you all have, LC 0, GC 1.:biggrin:
old warrior Wrote:How many state championships do you all have, LC 0, GC 1.:biggrin:

Very good point:Thumbs:
We will see what happens tomorrow, LC is taking a pep bus for fans should be a packed house in Greenup.
old warrior Wrote:How many state championships do you all have, LC 0, GC 1.:biggrin:

State At-Large Championships for GC is 1

State Championships for GC is 0

1977 AAAA State Football Championship

Trinity 28
GC 7
thanks for the info, we all know LC has had some great teams and had chances but a team called Fort Thomas Highlands was always in the way.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:We will see what happens tomorrow, LC is taking a pep bus for fans should be a packed house in Greenup.
I think the pep bus has been canceled they wasn't enough kids signed up for it. But I still think LC will have a good following
What time is it? Game time, what time, game time. What LC does not realize about this game, the importance, this game means to GC, it is our whole season, wrapped up in this one game, David vs Goliath, it has rained all night and I look for sloppy conditions, rain should quit by this evening before the game starts, too bad the fan bus got cancelled, what, not enough interest from the students, or you already have the game won and there is no reason to go and show up and support their team. Hope to see you at the game, and good luck to both teams, may both teams stay injury free and play to their capabilities, and after all is said and done, may we all move on to next week:rockon:
old warrior Wrote:What time is it? Game time, what time, game time. What LC does not realize about this game, the importance, this game means to GC, it is our whole season, wrapped up in this one game, David vs Goliath, it has rained all night and I look for sloppy conditions, rain should quit by this evening before the game starts, too bad the fan bus got cancelled, what, not enough interest from the students, or you already have the game won and there is no reason to go and show up and support their team. Hope to see you at the game, and good luck to both teams, may both teams stay injury free and play to their capabilities, and after all is said and done, may we all move on to next week:rockon:
[SIZE=2]
That could be bad that your hole season is rapped up in this game if that's the case then GC might be getting the basketballs out next week and putting there pads up. Actually there is a very good chance of that if their hole season is on the line. And what motivation for LC to put GC out of football business for 09
[/SIZE]
Hey its game day!!!! Time to get your Pee Hot!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Looks like the rain is going to last right through the game. Still showing a heavy line of storms to be coming through around 8 pm.
LCbulldogs Wrote:From film I've seen on the Greenup/Rowan game, Rowan played terrible in the first half; the biggest part being a lack of wrapping-up on tackles. Don't expect Lawrence to let as many tackles slip that Rowan did.

#27 is great at shooting the gap, but isn't really all that fast.
LOL, Not that fast. I'll remember you said that. The mud is the only thing that will slow him down a little. Film must not be doing his speed justice. P.S. you might want to worry about Lyle as much as Carter, I look for him to have another big game against LC tonight.
Coupon21 Wrote:LOL, Not that fast. I'll remember you said that. The mud is the only thing that will slow him down a little. Film must not be doing his speed justice. P.S. you might want to worry about Lyle as much as Carter, I look for him to have another big game against LC tonight.

I agree, they both play very well in the rain and mud! GO GREENUP!

How many wins do you all have this year?? LC -6 GC-2 Confusedhh:

We hear every week how the opposing running backs are gonna run all over us. Just ask Shelby Valley how that went. :lmao:
Coupon21 Wrote:LOL, Not that fast. I'll remember you said that. The mud is the only thing that will slow him down a little. Film must not be doing his speed justice. P.S. you might want to worry about Lyle as much as Carter, I look for him to have another big game against LC tonight.

We don't need to worry about a struggling 2-4 team..:moon:
Lawrence 28-13
Week 8 prediction-Mark Maynard Daily independent

Lawrence County 34, Greenup County 20: Bulldogs keep the dream season alive
CatDawg Wrote:Looks like the rain is going to last right through the game. Still showing a heavy line of storms to be coming through around 8 pm.
CatDawg as of right now, it is very sunny with a few clouds, 68 degrees and warm, there is a 80% chanch of rain this evening, a low of 51 degrees, breezy, with wind gusts 5 to 10 miles an hour, if it keeps this up should dry out the field some, but with rain a little later on, it may not matter anyway, just thought I would pass that on to you guy's, and have a wonderful day.Confusedtrom:
73 degrees and sunny I just called the time and temp.

At least part of the day is turning out ok.
That's a good deal, Gore. It ill be hit & miss tonight.
Maynard is being awful quiet this Friday.
Getting close to game time. Good luck Bulldogs.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next