Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
79.66%
Greenup County
20.34%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Greenup County 10/9
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Where is greenup ranked in the area? If anything I'd say area wise they are underrated since adding Carter to the roster. And don't give me that one player don't make a team stuff! Do you really think the Patriots would've won all those superbowls without Brady? Or the Colts would be anything without Peyton Manning? One player can easily make a difference in the outcome of the game! If Carter didn't play against Raceland, the rams would have won! Not saying he's going to win this game on his own. Just stating it does make difference.
I would agree with Carter, but there been a few more addition to the team Grayson #79 on defense. #79 really helps are DL. IMO If the rain predicted for Friday game comes, I give the advantage to GC. Carter + Rain = GC Win

:biggrin:
LC is just as good in the rain as GC is if not better, have you not seen their rushing stats on the season? They run the ball a lot and do it great.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I agree Musketeer.After they way we were done last week,I would not want to win that way.I think these questionable refs should be kicked out and not allowed to ref again.It's possible to make a bad call now and then but deliberate cheating is uncalled for.To all of the LC fans and team if the refs get off track,we will be the first to put a stop to it.Cheating kids out of something they have worked their butts off for and have earned is completely unacceptable. Good luck to both teams.

Well I remember correct 2 years ago at your place we had 3 TDS called back and had close to 300 yards in penalties. So dont go there about the refs.. Its every time we come down there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
old warrior Wrote:As you said he "dominated" Cross of RC, 194 yds. rushing, 2 tds. and one called back, as the game wore on Cross did not want to carry the ball or get hit anymore, they scored there 2nd half pts. by passing the ball, obviously you don't know what you are talking about, but a one pt.win, is a win, I do agree, we will see Friday how CARTER runs against the Bulldogs, nobody has stopped him yet from getting his yds. and tds. :thatsfunn And if you can't run with THEBIGDAWGS, stay on the porch.
You act as if he is the only one on the team!
WildDawg Wrote:Lawrence County will have around 400 yards rushing spread between Pack, James, West and Bentley. Kiser will have around 60 yards through the air also. I look for Pack to get around 150 yards with 2 TD's. West will have around 100 yards with a TD. Bentley and James will combine for about 150 yards with a TD. I look for Mills or Frashier to have a TD reception. Carter will have around 100-125 yards rushing. The rest of Greenup will prob add around 50 yards to that. The final score will be somewhere around LC 35 - GC 16.
Sounds like every game!
Ran fan 04 you are very right about Carter, That's the reason I picked Greenup on this thread to win. some people find it hard to admit they aren't very good without him, he's their only true offense. I hope them well and hope things get turned around like it looks to be going, but, next year will be the true story! A lot of off season work needs to be done.
Well after reading the 200+ posts I will give my 2 cents. One of the reasons that this team is a whole lot different from last years is the strength and play of the "O" and "D" line. These guys started working in the weight room as soon as the season was over, and does it show. This is proably one of the strongest teams we have at LC. A lot of hard work paying off as they are driving people off the ball. I think you will see a big difference in line play Friday night! Good luck to both teams!
Great post Dawg I think your absolutely right, this line is big strong and vey physical and it shows every week as they get better. Good luck Bulldogs make us proud.
Should be a good one. good luck to both teams
HEY batpuff I'll go wherever I want to.Different coaches,players and fans at Greeup now.Trying to get things turned around ,we want to build a respectable program here and that's why we hired Mike Copley and he is a class act.We do not agree with cheating refs .Sorry for your past experience ,but it is in the past.Let's move on and let these kids play some football.Good Luck to both teams!!!!
It'll be a big night in musketeer land hosting lc. Homecoming night the bleachers will be packed to see a underated gc team win. :redboxer: Carter will be the X factor. His latteral movement is amazing lc will have a hard time containing him if they can. Lc I belive will have some trouble trying to stop the run. Coach Copley will have them ready for the slug out and the pass protection.:popcorn: Ijust hope its a better game than the one thursday night when our 7th @ 8th grade beat lc. I'm still predicting a win. Don't underestimate gc we get better ever game. It's going to come down to gc DEFENSE. As far as lc strength of schedule :zzz: what was i talking about. Come friday night musketeers will be celebrating a victory.:rockon:
HANGTOUGH Wrote:HEY batpuff I'll go wherever I want to.Different coaches,players and fans at Greeup now.Trying to get things turned around ,we want to build a respectable program here and that's why we hired Mike Copley and he is a class act.We do not agree with cheating refs .Sorry for your past experience ,but it is in the past.Let's move on and let these kids play some football.Good Luck to both teams!!!!

Respectable in hiring Mike Copley! :lmao:
HANGTOUGH Wrote:HEY batpuff I'll go wherever I want to.Different coaches,players and fans at Greeup now.Trying to get things turned around ,we want to build a respectable program here and that's why we hired Mike Copley and he is a class act.We do not agree with cheating refs .Sorry for your past experience ,but it is in the past.Let's move on and let these kids play some football.Good Luck to both teams!!!!
Well to start with, what are you even talking about..... Learn how to spell and make a sentence and someone might have a clue what you are talking about. Third you guys were crying about how you all got cheated at Rowan Co.. and I mentioned the game at your place 2 years ago when we had almost 300 yards against us and 3 TD's called back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
lcgrad2002 Wrote:LC is just as good in the rain as GC is if not better, have you not seen their rushing stats on the season? They run the ball a lot and do it great.
I can't stand it , against who?Confusedhh:
Well what makes you so confident Greenup is better in the rain, LC has played in the rain just as much as GC has. Sheldon Clark, and Shelby Valley, just wait and see most of the people are on here don't know what they are talking about. Here are the facts LC is 6-0 GC is 2-4 LC should win if they play like they have been and hold onto the ball, which they will and the game will be over.
Batpuff Wrote:Well to start with, what are you even talking about..... Learn how to spell and make a sentence and someone might have a clue what you are talking about. Third you guys were crying about how you all got cheated at Rowan Co.. and I mentioned the game at your place 2 years ago when we had almost 300 yards against us and 3 TD's called back.
Did the parents and fans throw any of those flags or make any of those penalties or have anything to do with it, no, this Monday the head over officals reviewed the RC game with our coaching staff, the one referee in question will not be doing anymore GC games, period, 2 yrs. ago 270 yds. in penalties was one of those kind of games like we had at RC, but if you remember also you all had alot of injuries also, with alot of your players playing in different positions, and probaly your team was a little out of cync also, I actually thought it was funny and could not believe what I saw also, did I think you were getting the raw deal by the refs., yes, but what could I do, or you all do, did the fans or players or our coachs cheat you all, no, also take it easy on TOUGH ENOUGH, he is a personal friend of mine, 3 yrs. ago we had 33 flags thrown against us at Putnam stadium.:Thumbs:
Well that game against Greenup County 2 yrs ago was ridiculous, it was clearly one-sided Lawrence didnt have a chance.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Well what makes you so confident Greenup is better in the rain, LC has played in the rain just as much as GC has. Sheldon Clark, and Shelby Valley, just wait and see most of the people are on here don't know what they are talking about. Here are the facts LC is 6-0 GC is 2-4 LC should win if they play like they have been and hold onto the ball, which they will and the game will be over.

So, LC is 6-0 and GC is 2-4, are we just supposed to lay down because of that? I don't think so! At least we have won 2 games this year....let's not forget, just last year LC didn't even win a game. Remember how that felt? Didn't you stand behind your team then, or are you one of those that just follows when they are winning? The fans on here are just as proud of their Musketeers, as you are with LC.
Good Luck Lawrence County. I predict the Dawgs will be undefeated Saturday morning. :Thumbs:
No I follow the team whether they win all the games or none so does everyone else around here in Louisa, thats what makes Louisa a great football town.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:No I follow the team whether they win all the games or none so does everyone else around here in Louisa, thats what makes Louisa a great football town.
Last year when we played at LC late in the season, there was hardly anyone on the LC side. Maybe it was the rain that kept people home and not the losing record, but if it was the rain, doesnt that make lc fans "Fair Weather Fans"?:biggrin:
It may have been, but I was there and I love it.
Kosar Wrote:Last year when we played at LC late in the season, there was hardly anyone on the LC side. Maybe it was the rain that kept people home and not the losing record, but if it was the rain, doesnt that make lc fans "Fair Weather Fans"?:biggrin:
Also Kosar, it was their homecoming game, I also noticed the empty seats across the field, where was all that support, up until this year, LC had only won 10 games in 5 years, with last year 0-11, I guess it was hard to sit in the rain, when you knew what the outcome would be, win or lose we support our team, period. :biggrin:
That is not true, I remember playing Greenup several times in highschool and we beat them every year and they didn't bring that many fans with them at all. My sophomore year we went up there and beat them bad like by 30 points and we had more fans on our side than they did on their home side, so i wouldn't be saying anything.
Lawrence-21
Greenup-30
I expect to hear alot of THERES ANOTHER FIRST DOWN GREENUP COUNTY.
old warrior Wrote:Also Kosar, it was their homecoming game, I also noticed the empty seats across the field, where was all that support, up until this year, LC had only won 10 games in 5 years, with last year 0-11, I guess it was hard to sit in the rain, when you knew what the outcome would be, win or lose we support our team, period. :biggrin:

Well you will be supporting your team with ANOTHER loss this week. Mark it down!!!!!!! Confusedhh:
DAWGS_00 Wrote:Well you will be supporting your team with ANOTHER loss this week. Mark it down!!!!!!! Confusedhh:
Consider it marked.
A quick thought on the running back situation that really stands out in my mind is the number of quality backs LC has. GC may have the mega star that they love to brag about but he cannot be as good at the end of the game as he is at the first. LC offense is designed to wear people down and beat people up. I guarantee we will still have fresh legs in the game come 4th qtr. My $ on the Dawgs! Too deep and too well coached!
old warrior Wrote:Also Kosar, it was their homecoming game, I also noticed the empty seats across the field, where was all that support, up until this year, LC had only won 10 games in 5 years, with last year 0-11, I guess it was hard to sit in the rain, when you knew what the outcome would be, win or lose we support our team, period. :biggrin:
you are correct old one about the 10 win's. And these seniors only had 3 wins under there belt coming into this season and they said they was tired of lossing. The biggest chance IMO is last year they came to play hopeing to get a win. This year they come exspecting to win they have had enough losses to last them a life time I won't say they will win every game this year but I do think they win this district and inorder to do that GC is in the way I really don't think this team will settle for secound place. I still say the team that prepare the best and plays as a team Friday night will come out on top. I also know that after watching film of GC the guy's know they will have a fight on thier hands. But thats a good thing. So here's to a safe and fair game. GO DAWGS :popcorn:
Dawg Family Wrote:you are correct old one about the 10 win's. And these seniors only had 3 wins under there belt coming into this season and they said they was tired of lossing. The biggest chance IMO is last year they came to play hopeing to get a win. This year they come exspecting to win they have had enough losses to last them a life time I won't say they will win every game this year but I do think they win this district and inorder to do that GC is in the way I really don't think this team will settle for secound place. I still say the team that prepare the best and plays as a team Friday night will come out on top. I also know that after watching film of GC the guy's know they will have a fight on thier hands. But thats a good thing. So here's to a safe and fair game. GO DAWGS :popcorn:
This iw what i been trying to get across, to the Bull:eyerollBig Grinawg faithful, this ia not going to be a cake walk, be safe coming down to GC.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next