Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
79.66%
Greenup County
20.34%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Greenup County 10/9
Now the Carter stats that I have mentioned didn't include Rowan since they haven't been posted as of yet. According to the KHSSA.org stats he had six carries in that first game and 18 in the 2nd.
My prediction
Lawrence County 35
Greenup County 16
Thats sounds like it could be right on.
Looks like this is turning out to be the dawgs agiants the carter kid . Seams like thats all any one knows about GC even most of there fans . The last time I played which was a long time ago football was a team sport. I am sure GC has other kids that play but all I am reading is carter carter and mybe 1 or 2 others names that I can't remember. For all the other players on GC keep your heads up every one can't be a super star and i'm sure you are loved all the same :eyeroll::flush:
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:EXACTLY A WIN IS A WIN WINNING IS WHAT ITS ABOUT AND ALL THE HYPE OF HOW YOU ALL DOMINATE ROWAN WON SO YOU DIDN'T DOMINATE.

DOMINATE-Have the upper hand, get the upper hand, have the whip, get the whip; gain a hold upon, preponderate, dominate, rule the roost; boss; override, overrule, overawe; lord it over, hold in hand, keep under, make a puppet of, lead by the nose, turn round one's little finger, bend to one's will, hold one's own, wear the breeches; have the ball at one's feet, have it all one's own way, have the game in one's own hand, have on the hip, have under one's thumb; be master of the situation; take the lead, play first fiddle, set the fashion; give the law to; carry with a high hand; lay down the law; "ride in the whirlwind and direct the storm"; rule with a rod of iron; (severity).

Influence Run through, pervade; prevail, dominate, predominate; out weigh, over weigh; over-ride, over-bear; gain head; rage; be -rife; Adjective: spread like wildfire; have the upper hand, get the upper hand, gain the upper hand, have full play, get full play, gain full play.

AND GREENUP HAS NEVER DOMINATED ANYONE THEY WIN A PLAYOFF GAME A COUPLE YEARS AGO AND ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU DOMINATE. COME ON UP 23 TO LAWRENCE WHERE FOOTBALL IS KING OF EASTERN KY. ITS ALL ABOUT TRADITION AND I WOULD TAKE LAWRENCE TRADITION OVER GREENUP IN ANY SPORT. :rockon::Cheerlead:thatsfunn:ChairHit:

We were there last year and the score was 19-0, where were you, we lead the series 5 wins to 4 for LC, golf, playing for a state championship now, baseball and basketball, also our cheerleaders are pretty good also.
This is going to be a 10 page thread before Friday....Big Grin
I see this one as a flip of the coin, both teams competetive, scrappers, hard hitting. Carter is a true asset, but this team has overcome quite a bit and they are knocking on doors every friday night. Don't expect them to lay down and not play. They will give 48 minutes of game , coaching staff will accept nothing less. Close on here, gc 28-lc 27. Maybe ot game, we'll see . Good luck
I think both teams will come to play but in the end lawrence county wins in a slugfest.
old warrior Wrote:` Rain in the forecast for Friday night, hope it does not affect the game, even though GC's COREY Lyle is a mudder, over 2oo yds. at LC last year in that monzoon. Confusedtrom: :ilikeit:
Look at the stats and it shows that Lyle had 130 yards on 21 carries, not 200+.
WildDawg Wrote:All the Greenup County fans make it sound like they have one of the best teams in the state. Why is Greenup County only won 2 games this year? You can argue strength of schedule all day long but they haven't played that tough of a schedule. Greenup was completely blown out against Russell and Ashland. Sorry, but I'm not buying the Greenup County hype. I'm sure that Greenup has a better team than their record indicates but not near as good as their fans make it sound.

And you guys dont make it sound like you have one of the best teams in the state? bull****, you guys make it seem like no one can beat you, like no one even has a chance. Yes you guy's may be better this year, but that doesn't mean a thing. I would love to see you all play Ashland. They would shut you up real fast. IMO, Yes it comes down to winning and losing, but Greenup has won the bigger game just by playing as a team, accepting new changes and not giving up. So I am proud of them only if they win 2 games this year. Even though they will win more then that. Because I have faith in them! You stand by your team no matter what. That is why we are called the FANS. You guys sound a little over cofident that you are going to win, you know what happens when your alittle over cofident? It usaully backfires just ask Raceland. Smile
CatDawg Wrote:OK let's say Carter runs wild and ends up with 300 plus yards and 4 TD's great night and let's throw another one in for Greenup Co for good measure. Now everyone is saying Cross was wore down and didn't want to get hit anymore and on and on and on. OK Lawrence County ends up with Pack at only 127 yds and 2 TD's, West 65 yards and 1 TD either from rushing, receiving or returning the ball. Bentley and Clay combine for 85 yards and 1 TD and then Kiser throws for 65 yards and 1 TD. This ends up with LC having 343 yds & 5 TD's to Carter and Greenups 5 TD. So Carter has 4 TDs so far in 2 games and this gives him 4 in one game. The LC scores were based on exactly the yardage and TDs that they are averaging for each player. This also didn't take into account the scores from LCs other rushers since they are usually JV scores. This is only the key offensive players for the dawgs. So GC has a great night and LC just plays their average game and the score is tied at best. This is why I think LC will pull this one out. You can also look back at my breakdown of rushers against LC that I posted earlier in this thread. All stats come from those listed on KHSAA.org and then averaged out by myself.

I think somebody needs to check their stats.......looks like to me some key players has been left off the list! That's ok, we wouldn't want to let GC know all our weapons!!!
CatDawg Wrote:OK let's say Carter runs wild and ends up with 300 plus yards and 4 TD's great night and let's throw another one in for Greenup Co for good measure. Now everyone is saying Cross was wore down and didn't want to get hit anymore and on and on and on. OK Lawrence County ends up with Pack at only 127 yds and 2 TD's, West 65 yards and 1 TD either from rushing, receiving or returning the ball. Bentley and Clay combine for 85 yards and 1 TD and then Kiser throws for 65 yards and 1 TD. This ends up with LC having 343 yds & 5 TD's to Carter and Greenups 5 TD. So Carter has 4 TDs so far in 2 games and this gives him 4 in one game. The LC scores were based on exactly the yardage and TDs that they are averaging for each player. This also didn't take into account the scores from LCs other rushers since they are usually JV scores. This is only the key offensive players for the dawgs. So GC has a great night and LC just plays their average game and the score is tied at best. This is why I think LC will pull this one out. You can also look back at my breakdown of rushers against LC that I posted earlier in this thread. All stats come from those listed on KHSAA.org and then averaged out by myself.
CatDawg you know I like you, but we have more than Carter at running backs, and he is still learning the offense, but you have,nt seen his speed, and he only needs a crease GC 20- LC 16. Plus he played with these guys in JFL and freshmen, before going to Ashland, he has progressed every game, the 6 carries against Raceland, he did not know the offense, he won the game for us on his long td. run, he is so small, when he runs past other teams linemen, he is gone, running in space, is where he is deadly. with the type of offense we run, we eat up the clock, no matter what happens, it will be a good game, and if you all happen to beat us I will congratulate you. :igiveup:
This site is just here to get people riled up,and it seems like it is working. Lawrence you guys know what you have to do and how to do it. Play your game and you should win, dont let any of this bullcrap stand in your way, use it for motivation.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:This site is just here to get people riled up,and it seems like it is working. Lawrence you guys know what you have to do and how to do it. Play your game and you should win, dont let any of this bullcrap stand in your way, use it for motivation.

Yeah Greenup dont let this bullcrap bring you down, use it for motivation and I know you will!! Smile
:Clap:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:This site is just here to get people riled up,and it seems like it is working. Lawrence you guys know what you have to do and how to do it. Play your game and you should win, dont let any of this bullcrap stand in your way, use it for motivation.

I agree!!! :Clap:
old warrior Wrote:As you said he "dominated" Cross of RC, 194 yds. rushing, 2 tds. and one called back, as the game wore on Cross did not want to carry the ball or get hit anymore, they scored there 2nd half pts. by passing the ball, obviously you don't know what you are talking about, but a one pt.win, is a win, I do agree, we will see Friday how CARTER runs against the Bulldogs, nobody has stopped him yet from getting his yds. and tds. :thatsfunn And if you can't run with THEBIGDAWGS, stay on the porch.

2-4 and calling yourselves thebigdawgs

are you helping or hurting gc, old warrior?
its like this GC has one running back is he played at LC would just be another back LC has 6backs that if one of them had the touches the GC superback gets there stats would be out of this world with that said there is always a fresh set of legs but these backs could not do anything without the men up front i seen both these team oline an dline LC will win that war lb's an db's LC wins that battle this LC team is alot faster then people think and this is a strong very strong ball club:argue:
Nobody get mad but I'm going to use a "IF" phrase! If the refs don't screw our boys, Carter won't rush for 100 yds and GC won't score 14 points on our D! This is a different team this year and I know they will be ready for this game. "If I'm wrong I'll congratulate GC and move on to next week"!
hotshot Wrote:nobody get mad but i'm going to use a "if" phrase! If the refs don't screw our boys, carter won't rush for 100 yds and gc won't score 14 points on our d! This is a different team this year and i know they will be ready for this game. "if i'm wrong i'll congratulate gc and move on to next week"!

wow!
Fly By Night Wrote:2-4 and calling yourselves thebigdawgs

are you helping or hurting gc, old warrior?
That was THEBIGDAWG who made a post earlier, were just young pup's, compared to the Bulldogs.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:And the Rams would've beat your bulldogs by 40+ last year! What does that have to do with this game?

I was getting of topic ???i was stating the facts. You got off topic by stating your ignorant remarks. Shelby Valley is a very good football team this year and if you dont believe it now you will in about three more weeks. I just dont see how you could say LC's defense is overrated. I mean come on man they held Winfield on a goalline stop. They had four plays at the one yard line and couldnt get it in. Idc who your playing thats pretty impressive, plus Winfield is better than what they advertise.
D-Fan Wrote:I think somebody needs to check their stats.......looks like to me some key players has been left off the list! That's ok, we wouldn't want to let GC know all our weapons!!!
Only took the top 4 rushers for LC and didn't show the receiving only the passing. This is what is on the KHSAA.org site for LC.
old warrior Wrote:CatDawg you know I like you, but we have more than Carter at running backs, and he is still learning the offense, but you have,nt seen his speed, and he only needs a crease GC 20- LC 16. Plus he played with these guys in JFL and freshmen, before going to Ashland, he has progressed every game, the 6 carries against Raceland, he did not know the offense, he won the game for us on his long td. run, he is so small, when he runs past other teams linemen, he is gone, running in space, is where he is deadly. with the type of offense we run, we eat up the clock, no matter what happens, it will be a good game, and if you all happen to beat us I will congratulate you. :igiveup:
I agree with you but if he gets 300 yards as I gave him in the example the rest of your guys won't be getting very many carries either due to Carter carrying all the time or him breaking it and them not getting a chance.
blueheat Wrote:i was getting of topic ???i was stating the facts. You got off topic by stating your ignorant remarks. Shelby valley is a very good football team this year and if you dont believe it now you will in about three more weeks. I just dont see how you could say lc's defense is overrated. I mean come on man they held winfield on a goalline stop. They had four plays at the one yard line and couldnt get it in. Idc who your playing thats pretty impressive, plus winfield is better than what they advertise.

" sos "
old warrior Wrote:We were there last year and the score was 19-0, where were you, we lead the series 5 wins to 4 for LC, golf, playing for a state championship now, baseball and basketball, also our cheerleaders are pretty good also.

Are you talkin about the football series, because im almost certain its Lc leading 12-10.. correct me if im wrong but i thought i saw that earlier this year.
old warrior Wrote:That was THEBIGDAWG who made a post earlier, were just young pup's, compared to the Bulldogs.

really?

We were there last year and the score was 19-0, where were you
Hey Old Warrior! Where will you watch the game from friday, because I'm gonna stand with you that way there's no bull started after the game on here. Plus you'll be able to witness a good old fashion a$$ wooooopin!
2009's Daily Independent football preview states that LC leads the series over GC by 7-6.
Blueheat Wrote:I was getting of topic ???i was stating the facts. You got off topic by stating your ignorant remarks. Shelby Valley is a very good football team this year and if you dont believe it now you will in about three more weeks. I just dont see how you could say LC's defense is overrated. I mean come on man they held Winfield on a goalline stop. They had four plays at the one yard line and couldnt get it in. Idc who your playing thats pretty impressive, plus Winfield is better than what they advertise.

Where did I EVER say their defense was overrated? And ignorant remarks?:please: You were bragging on Shelby Valley, and their schedule is awful! If you don't believe me go look for yourself. Shelby Valley is about the equivelant of Raceland this year and someone else has already stated that in this thread. And Raceland is very down this year. Worst year we have had in a long time. Bottomline Shelby Valley would be lucky to win a game in the Ashland area.
But like I said before this thread is about Greenup/Lawerence! On topic!
Well this looks like its gonna be one heck of a game!
Can't wait til friday night!
Good Luck to Both Teams!!

"You'll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him."
Lou Holtz
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next