Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Aug. 31)
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:This is why games are played on the field and not on paper. Thats why I still think Breathitt is overrated. IMO Prestonsburg will beat Breathitt Co. Go Blackcats!!!!!!

Seriously get over it shut up man all you say that i have read is breathitt is so overrated what the heck alright we get your point!
I don't go and post a bunch of crap on here that says yeah there so overrated they are a sucky team; i believe that every team has there own advantage and if they really wanted to win they could win its just what you set your mind to.
BREATHITT BOBCATS BEAT BLACKCATS!
I think they are ready for friday.
Good Luck though.
oneijoe Wrote:I respect your opinion, as you're one of the "calmer heads" on the board...

But I'm not sure I follow your logic with placing Belfry below both SC and Breathitt Co.. Unless you believe Prestonsburg should be below them also, it makes no sense. After all, Belfry lost away to the #4 team (P-burg) by only one score.

I'm not comfortable with defending Belfry. But it seems as though everyone wants to bury the Pirates due to their loss to Prestonsburg. Why is that ?
I would not say that I am burying the Pirates, but I watched the Boyd Co. game and they really did not look like the Belfry teams I remember. I see the SC win over Breathitt as an upset that is more of a "...UK beating Georgia...." thing rather than the norm, so I do not think that they should be considered as being "better" than Breathitt. As far as Prestonsburg is concerned, I really can not speak because I know nothing of them except that they beat Belfry, which is not as good as in past years. As I said in another post, these rankings mean nothing and getting all worked up over them is a waste of energy.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Rankings are irrelevant and mean nothing, but they do get people stirred up...lol. This time of year is about getting better and preparing for district play and playoffs, and rankings do not determine anything in high-school football. I just can not see why people get so worked up about them.

I agree with you.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I would put Breathitt ahead of SC and put Belfry below SC. Sometimes looking at who won the game does not tell the true story of how the game went. As bad as Breathitt played and as good as SC played, Breathitt still held the game in their hands, but kept dropping passes and getting penalties.

i agree with you on this too.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I would not say that I am burying the Pirates, but I watched the Boyd Co. game and they really did not look like the Belfry teams I remember. I see the SC win over Breathitt as an upset that is more of a "...UK beating Georgia...." thing rather than the norm, so I do not think that they should be considered as being "better" than Breathitt. As far as Prestonsburg is concerned, I really can not speak because I know nothing of them except that they beat Belfry, which is not as good as in past years. As I said in another post, these rankings mean nothing and getting all worked up over them is a waste of energy.

Didn't mean to give the impression I was "all worked up". :biggrin:

Just curious as to your logic. That's all.
oneijoe Wrote:Didn't mean to give the impression I was "all worked up". :biggrin:

Just curious as to your logic. That's all.
I was not saying that you were "worked up." It is just obvious that some people obviously take these rankings way too seriously. Sorry if I gave you the idea that I was talking about you personally.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

this season has just started and its all ready a crazy year in the mountains. there are about 15 teams that could be in the top