Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2009
Looking forward to catching a few JC games this fall.

Best of luck to the Golden Eagles!
The Boyle, Breathitt, Bell games will determine if Johnson Central moves from a great program to a state contender. Coach Matney does a great job. Johnson Central is the model that Letcher Central uses in building its athletic programs.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The Boyle, Breathitt, Bell games will determine if Johnson Central moves from a great program to a state contender. Coach Matney does a great job. Johnson Central is the model that Letcher Central uses in building its athletic programs.

Too bad Letcher Central will not play Johnson Central, this has potential to be a great 5A rivalry for EKY.
I think it is a matter of time before they are in the same district.
Based on what I saw last year and what JC has returning, I expect JC to be very, very good again this year and strongly challenge the east bracket teams for the right to go to BG this year.

I also want to say that I've been impressed by the JC folks. After Highlands beat them and went on to win state, I half expected JC folks to be complaining about Highlands being permitted to play up to 5A and if they hadn't been permitted to do so, it would have been JC playing in the state championship game. Kudos to the JC coaches, players and fans.
Johnson Central lost a lot of great talent with Richardson, Welch, Jeremy Bratton, and a lot of big linemen graduating. The positive here is they return running back Nathan Dillon among others, such as D.J. Ousley, Tanner Bratton, J.K Hall, and other players.

I think that the schedule favors the Eagles in '09 being tough, yet a schedule that will give the Eagles wins. I'm thinking that JC will finally win that late season match-up with Belfry and should finish with only one loss or so in the regular season. The post-season should be mean another district title and maybe another win eventually leading to a loss to a team like Highlands once again.

Should be another great season for Johnson Central football. Best of luck to the Eagles in '09.
I definitely plan on catching the Johnson Central/Bell County game. That should be a good one.

Good luck to the Eagles in '09!
I'm going to try my best to go and watch a couple games at Johnson Central. No particular games though.

Good Luck Johnson Central!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think the Eagles like any other team on any level with this kind of schedule have a lot riding on health. I can honestly say if they stay healthy and get solid QB play from whomever is playing I can see a 9-1 or 10-0 record.
Will JK Hall play qb?
7-3 this year
#1EagleFan Wrote:Will JK Hall play qb?

Yes
UCFB Wrote:Aug 21, 09 Boyle County away 21-10 JC
Aug 28, 09 Horn Lake, MS home 46-6 JC
Sep 4, 09 Bell County home 25-21 JC
Sep 11, 09 Sheldon Clark home 56-18 JC
Sep 18, 09 Middlesboro 32-12 JC
Sep 25, 09 Breathitt County away 41-33 JC
Oct 2, 09 Open
Oct 9, 09 Ashland Blazer home 42-0 JC
Oct 16, 09 Woodford County home 36-14 JC
Oct 23, 09 Montgomery County away 28-3 JC
Oct 30, 09 Belfry away 28-17 JC

Easily could go 10-0 or at worse 7-3 with close losses to boyle, bell, and breathitt, but if they have prepared in the offseason they have more returning and alot of talent all around to challenge even highlands for the title this year from a long shot. i dont see bell being a good with the losses of monte merrick and others. but overall a nice schedule.

Bell will be as good but I do agree losing Merrick is a tough loss please all of you JC fans make sure you all overlook Bell they won't be that good this year.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The Boyle, Breathitt, Bell games will determine if Johnson Central moves from a great program to a state contender. Coach Matney does a great job. Johnson Central is the model that Letcher Central uses in building its athletic programs.

how do you forget belfry,jc was supposed to beat them last to years and didnt, and have never beat them,may do it this year but who knows
Amped 88 Wrote:Bell will be as good but I do agree losing Merrick is a tough loss please all of you JC fans make sure you all overlook Bell they won't be that good this year.
I can assure you no Johnson Central fan with any common sense will be overlooking Bell County. The moron's that do are on there own though. They can't be helped.
Good luck EAGLES from an x-Eagle 89'
The Middlesboro game will be played at Clay County.
JC will be good this year.

But, man.....they have some big shoes to fill this year, with the losses due to graduation from last year.

Not, say the kids returning can't do it. Just some pretty big spots to fill.

Good Luck JC.

Hope to catch a game this year also.
They will not be as good as last years team. But they still will be a good team.
BlueStripes Wrote:They will not be as good as last years team. But they still will be a good team.

Why will they not be as good as last years team?
Good luck Eagles from a 1984 grad.
8-2 losses to Bell and Belfry, run away with the district.
Matney better find someone to coach D. They are really gonna struggeling on that side of the ball this year. The wheels may totally come off this year. To many questions and ifs. Inside sources tell me its no coincidence assistant coaches are leaving. Scheldue + unproven assistants = one long year.
RealisticView Wrote:Matney better find someone to coach D. They are really gonna struggeling on that side of the ball this year. The wheels may totally come off this year. To many questions and ifs. Inside sources tell me its no coincidence assistant coaches are leaving. Scheldue + unproven assistants = one long year.

I think your info. may be a little off. We return about 6 starters from the defense but did lose a workhorse of a LB in Chase Richardson and DB Ian Welch. They will be hard to replace.

As for the coaches being unproven, Coach Reeves is the D. Coordinator and coaches D. Ends and LB and has been there since 2004 in that capacity. Coach Patterson does the D. Line and has been at the school since 2004 although he was the D. Coordinator at the JV and freshman level until 2007. He's been with the varsity since last year. Coach Arms is in his second year as the D.B.'s coach as well.
I think there is a question mark at QB that has to be answered before we truely know how good this JC team is going to be.
The defensive staff returns everyone from last season...sure they might have lost a few others, but have kids capable to step in and fill the void. They will be fine.

Reeves is an excellent coach and has been with Matney since he was at Sheldon Clark. Patterson does an excellent job with the DL and played at the University of South Carolina. Arms is in his second season at JC. He played high school under Joe Chirico (starting Safety at Marshall when they won their National Championship), in college under Denario Smalls (played in the AFL for the New Orleans Voodoo and Kansas City Brigade),and was an assistant at Pikeville College after a career ending injury. A lot of experience on the defensive staff.
cougarpride08 Wrote:How much difference does the wrestling help the football team? How serious does coach matney take it, and did he have a hard time getting there powers that be to take that sport serious?

JC has had a respectable wrestling program for several years. When Coach Matney took over the wrestling a great foundation was there. As for your question I think it helps tremendously. It improves kids agility, speed, strength, conditioning and I think it can help make kids a little bit more aggressive.
Keepnitreal Wrote:JC has had a respectable wrestling program for several years. When Coach Matney took over the wrestling a great foundation was there. As for your question I think it helps tremendously. It improves kids agility, speed, strength, conditioning and I think it can help make kids a little bit more aggressive.

I wish that we can get them up there to take the sport seriously. They don't understand that this helps the football team, and it gives coaches in the football world a extra 4 months conditioning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
that is why I don't understand. Get one of the assistants or someone to get this program right, and the football program will only get better..Here is why

July-Nov=Football
Nov-Feb=Wrestling extra conditioning and technique working with football players.
Mar=Spring practice
Apr-May-The only two month where nothing is going on except to run track to work on speed.
Jun-7VS7 then dead period
July-Then you are right back to football.

Johnson Central gets this, and has done a really good job getting this done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
This thread is about Johnson Central football, their 2009 schedule, and how they will do in the 2009 season. Not about anything else, keep it on-topic!