Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Letcher Central have a shot to win 5a?
With Whitaker running the offense and some new players that's really going to help plus they already had a good team I believe they will be the real deal to be undefeated playing Highlands.
No. They aren't even the best team in their district.

Letcher Central is good, but they still are not on Johnson Central, Highlands, Christian County, etcs level.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No. They aren't even the best team in their district.

Letcher Central is good, but they still are not on Johnson Central, Highlands, Christian County, etcs level.

Highlands is going to be just as good, if not better, than last year and if JC did not lose much they are going to be very good also. I was not very impressed with their play last time Highlands played them (2 years ago I think?), so they better have improved by leaps and bounds.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No. They aren't even the best team in their district.

Who is the best team in their district?
As far as the best team in that district its in the air. Only after a few games in will we have an idea. Whitley did not lose much at all. Harlan Co. is kinda quiet and it is unknown what kind of team they will field. LCC lost a few but had some good plyers coming up. LCC has also recieved some transfers. I am making the early call that LCC will be the front runner. But thats only good until they play Whitley and then we will all know. Now for the 2011 season i could say LCC has a shot at state. All those teams are going to have some high and low points. I just can't wait to get started.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:With Whitaker running the offense and some new players that's really going to help plus they already had a good team I believe they will be the real deal to be undefeated playing Highlands.

No.
Notta Chance.
JC is the ONLY team in the state at 5A with a chance to upset Highlands. This years Bluebirds would have a legit shot at both St. X and Trinity.
I agree, but LCC did not even beat Perry Central last year...........
firechief Wrote:I agree, but LCC did not even beat Perry Central last year...........

Maybe the poster was making a joke when they started th thread
Nada
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quite frankly, no, they don't. Very few teams from Letcher County have come close in a long long time. I guess since the 90's when WHS went to the semifinals and got beat at home against Danville. The history alone would tell you it is a long shot for them to be close to a state title.
Stardust Wrote:JC is the ONLY team in the state at 5A with a chance to upset Highlands. This years Bluebirds would have a legit shot at both St. X and Trinity.

I know they have Collingsworth, but how do they replace QB,
RB, and the big guy that played O and D line and be better than last year?
Patriot Wrote:I know they have Collingsworth, but how do they replace QB,
RB, and the big guy that played O and D line and be better than last year?

Replacing Banks wont be easy for the Cougars. He was the playmaker and he brought a lot of energy for LCC that wont be easy to replace IMO. Logan Johnson will be the replacement, Hes got a lot potential to be but only time will time if he will fill the shoes of Charlie.
With all due respect they have the same chance of winning 5A that Paintsville does in 1A... that is slim to none.

I do like the direction the program is heading and the possibilities with the Johnson kid in the coming years to get closer and closer to that goal.
I guess I'm just optimistic or stupid take your pick, but I believe most good teams in High School have a chance to be state champions before the season starts! You can always have some players come from no where and play a big role, but teams can always have injuries that change a season too!

I guarantee theres not a young man out that won't be thinking about a state championship while they are practicing in the heat the next few weeks!
I don't think they have a shot at it. In my opinion, it's Highlands to lose. But, you never know.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
highlands to lose,then maybe johnson city
:please:
Not this year may come in 2011 that is a big maybe.
I think they can be a very good team. I agree with Griffin that 2011 will be their best chance. The group of kids who are going to be sophmores are loaded with talent and potential. I am concerned about the teams conditioning right now, it is my understanding they did not do anything over the summer very much or at all.:argue:
Maybe in 2 years..
cuppett777 Wrote:highlands to lose,then maybe johnson city
Or Johnson Central, lol..
Patriot Wrote:I guess I'm just optimistic or stupid take your pick, but I believe most good teams in High School have a chance to be state champions before the season starts! You can always have some players come from no where and play a big role, but teams can always have injuries that change a season too!

I guarantee theres not a young man out that won't be thinking about a state championship while they are practicing in the heat the next few weeks!

There's 32 teams in the NFL going through the exact same thing, but if you are real, there is NO WAY that teams like the Lions, Bengals, Raiders have a PRAYER of winning the Super Bowl. So, I'm not sure of what your comment means, but good teams will not beat GREAT teams!
Stardust Wrote:There's 32 teams in the NFL going through the exact same thing, but if you are real, there is NO WAY that teams like the Lions, Bengals, Raiders have a PRAYER of winning the Super Bowl. So, I'm not sure of what your comment means, but good teams will not beat GREAT teams!

What? The Bengals' dont suck as bad as the Lions or Raiders. The Lions and Raiders are with the Chiefs, Browns, 49ers....
lean&mean Wrote:I think they can be a very good team. I agree with Griffin that 2011 will be their best chance. The group of kids who are going to be sophmores are loaded with talent and potential. I am concerned about the teams conditioning right now, it is my understanding they did not do anything over the summer very much or at all.:argue:
State championships are won in the off season and LCC falls short in this aspect. Talent alone does not guarantee success. But AC will not tackle the golden one. JMO
Patriot Wrote:I guess I'm just optimistic or stupid take your pick, but I believe most good teams in High School have a chance to be state champions before the season starts! You can always have some players come from no where and play a big role, but teams can always have injuries that change a season too!

Bingo. I have no idea if the added coaches and players will push Letcher up enough to be able to seriously challenge Highlands, if Highlands stays healthy. What will help Highlands is the fact the playoff games will be at Highlands, which is not the easiest place for visitors to play. Not only will the visitors have the long bus ride, David Cecil Memorial Stadium can be somewhat intimidating for teams to play at. Letcher had a taste of it back in 07 so it won't be completely new to them if Letcher advances that far, but it won't bring back fond memories.
If they beat whitley and get a number one seed, then I say they will be semi state but that is it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
No way of beating Highlands this year. Will have to work hard to beat Whitley County. They have a bright future but 5A may be the toughest class in the state as Highlands is usually the best team in the state. I do not believe that Johnson Central is in Highlands class this year. The only mountain teams that have a shot of winning a state title this year are Bell County and Breathitt County.
Stardust Wrote:There's 32 teams in the NFL going through the exact same thing, but if you are real, there is NO WAY that teams like the Lions, Bengals, Raiders have a PRAYER of winning the Super Bowl. So, I'm not sure of what your comment means, but good teams will not beat GREAT teams!

I just like to think that every body is even before the season starts that's what makes it exciting to start the season, the unknown.

I know highlands is a great program but they do play the games for reason.