Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dylan Creech
has Dylan decided as to where he wants to go and play ball next year?
Who does Dylan play for?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Who does Dylan play for?

As of now Wolfe Co.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Who does Dylan play for?

he played for Wolfe County last year but he's transferring
where is he going?
His dad played for Wolfe Co. What is the deal?
UKisN1 Wrote:His dad played for Wolfe Co. What is the deal?
I know his dad played at Wolfe and we tried to get him to come to Powell and he didn't. He told me several years ago that he made a huge mistake by staying at Wolfe. The deal is the coaching situation at Wolfe. If the kid stays there he won't get the practice time, enough games, and the coaching to reach his full potential. From what I have seen, he has far too much talent to be left in that type of situation. Probably has the biggest upside in the region as an incoming freshman. Another reason is probably not enough recognition for his accomplishments. I just saw his stats for this season on http://www.khsbca.com and he finished the year with a .607 batting avg. 30 RBI's 10 doubles and one triple. Amazing numbers for anyone, even more amazing for an eigth grader, and he got absolutely no recognition for a season like that. I don't know where he will end up, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that we get him here at Powell County.
I talked to Jim this past month, but gave no inclination that he was going anywhere. I know he plays during the summer to get the recognition that he may miss at Wolfe. I hope the best for him.
i wish Dylan nothing but the best where ever he goes. he is a tremendous athlete and would be a excellent addition to any team in the 14th Region.
UKisN1 Wrote:I talked to Jim this past month, but gave no inclination that he was going anywhere. I know he plays during the summer to get the recognition that he may miss at Wolfe. I hope the best for him.
I have talked to several people and the word is that if Wolfe keeps the same baseball coaches, that Creech is definitely gone. I don't know how Wolfe can keep the baseball coaches they have. Coach Varney said that Wolfe's head coach didn't even attend the regional tournament draw and meeting where all of the allstar teams and player of the year was voted on. He should be fired for that on the spot. Also heard that Wolfe did not practice before the District and did not practice for five days before the Region. If Wolfe keeps that guy they need their heads examined. If they were smart they would fire him and hire Creech's dad as soon as they can. He's one of the best baseball men around, heck, I wish we would get rid of our coach and hire Creech's dad down here. My son played for him and absolutely loves him. He learned more baseball from him than anyone that has ever coached him. I was priveledged to be at all the practices and let me tell you, that guy knows his stuff and how to get it across to the kids.
PCBaseball Wrote:I have talked to several people and the word is that if Wolfe keeps the same baseball coaches, that Creech is definitely gone. I don't know how Wolfe can keep the baseball coaches they have. Coach Varney said that Wolfe's head coach didn't even attend the regional tournament draw and meeting where all of the allstar teams and player of the year was voted on. He should be fired for that on the spot. Also heard that Wolfe did not practice before the District and did not practice for five days before the Region. If Wolfe keeps that guy they need their heads examined. If they were smart they would fire him and hire Creech's dad as soon as they can. He's one of the best baseball men around, heck, I wish we would get rid of our coach and hire Creech's dad down here. My son played for him and absolutely loves him. He learned more baseball from him than anyone that has ever coached him. I was priveledged to be at all the practices and let me tell you, that guy knows his stuff and how to get it across to the kids.

agreed. idk about the meeting with the Allstar teams but they didnt attend the Region Drawing and they didnt practice before the Region started.
All I have heard is if the same coaches are there then we will lose him for sure and there are many teams in the region and out of the region that are really hot after him. I sure hope the administration does something because he would be our starting point guard this upcoming season for the basketball team. We really can't afford to lose him, but if they don't make a change then I don't blame him for leaving.
So he hasn't decided where he is going next year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
PCBaseball Wrote:I have talked to several people and the word is that if Wolfe keeps the same baseball coaches, that Creech is definitely gone. I don't know how Wolfe can keep the baseball coaches they have. Coach Varney said that Wolfe's head coach didn't even attend the regional tournament draw and meeting where all of the allstar teams and player of the year was voted on. He should be fired for that on the spot. Also heard that Wolfe did not practice before the District and did not practice for five days before the Region. If Wolfe keeps that guy they need their heads examined. If they were smart they would fire him and hire Creech's dad as soon as they can. He's one of the best baseball men around, heck, I wish we would get rid of our coach and hire Creech's dad down here. My son played for him and absolutely loves him. He learned more baseball from him than anyone that has ever coached him. I was priveledged to be at all the practices and let me tell you, that guy knows his stuff and how to get it across to the kids.
I just have something to say about you and your decision making. Why would you take you son and MAKE him play two or three games in Lexington right before the region? He had just gotten finished with practice and it was really hot that day. He diodn't want to go. I know that you knew he was pitching the first game. I think it is more important for him to be with his high school team right before the region. Him playing in those games probably hurt him for the region. Coach Varney does a great job and you shouldn't wish him gone. He has been great at his job. How many baseball players has Creech's dad sent or helped a player get scholarships? I believe you should think before you speak or react!!!
JustTrying Wrote:I just have something to say about you and your decision making. Why would you take you son and MAKE him play two or three games in Lexington right before the region? He had just gotten finished with practice and it was really hot that day. He diodn't want to go. I know that you knew he was pitching the first game. I think it is more important for him to be with his high school team right before the region. Him playing in those games probably hurt him for the region. Coach Varney does a great job and you shouldn't wish him gone. He has been great at his job. How many baseball players has Creech's dad sent or helped a player get scholarships? I believe you should think before you speak or react!!!
For your information, my son is not a pitcher and never has been and further more he was at practice and does not play in Lexington. Sounds like you are the one who needs to think before you speak or react. As for whether or not Creech has helped any kids go on to college, the answer to that is, yes he has as a matter of fact. As for your opinion of the kind of job that Coach Varney is doing, that is your right, but I also have a right to have a different opinion, which I have. I have no problem with you having your opinion and you should not have a problem with me having mine. In the future make sure you know who you are talking to before you jump.
Best of luck to Dylan with his decision. I hope he stays in the 14th next year & gets the recognition he deserves. In the meantime, I hope he has a great summer playing ball.
Some coaches says he does things on his own??? Is he really a team PLAYER??? Then his father thinks he should not get punishment?? Is this a true superstar??? I have seen a lot (did you guys notice that??? a lot is 2 words......) He has a long way 2 go.. He is good, just don't really know it because of dad..
tj10 Wrote:Some coaches says he does things on his own??? Is he really a team PLAYER??? Then his father thinks he should not get punishment?? Is this a true superstar??? I have seen a lot (did you guys notice that??? a lot is 2 words......) He has a long way 2 go.. He is good, just don't really know it because of dad..
I played for coach Potter and I can tell you that all of his players have to do things on their own. The only thing that I have seen this kid do on his own is to work his but off. He is a huge team player and was the reason wolfe had a winning record this season. Heis one of the hardest workers that I have ever seen and I don't know if he knows how good he is or not, but at his age, I hope he doesn't because then he would stop working on his game.
Strikeout King Wrote:he played for Wolfe County last year but he's transferring

Does he actually have to live in the school district/county he enrolls in? If so, is his family moving? If not, seems like a lot of daily driving for somebody, wherever he goes.
mandan Wrote:Does he actually have to live in the school district/county he enrolls in? If so, is his family moving? If not, seems like a lot of daily driving for somebody, wherever he goes.

not for sure. i know over in clark county if you go to school over there you have to live over there other wise you cant attend George Rogers Clark. as far as the other schools idk. but if i hear anything ill be sure to let everyone know
any more news about Dylan?
Strikeout King Wrote:any more news about Dylan?
I have heard in the last 2 weeks that there is a huge firestorm brewing concerning the current coach. Many parents are very upset and want him to be fired. I have talked to at least 12 of the players, most are starters, and all of them said that they want him fired as well. They all said that they have not done anything this summer and they don't want to play for him. They also said that he doesn't konw anything about baseball as well. I don't know what the folks in charge will do but I do know that many parents and players want to see a change made immediately. I know we will lose Creech if a change is not made soon. Many of these other players would like to leave as well if a change is not made.
Ridgerunner Wrote:I have heard in the last 2 weeks that there is a huge firestorm brewing concerning the current coach. Many parents are very upset and want him to be fired. I have talked to at least 12 of the players, most are starters, and all of them said that they want him fired as well. They all said that they have not done anything this summer and they don't want to play for him. They also said that he doesn't konw anything about baseball as well. I don't know what the folks in charge will do but I do know that many parents and players want to see a change made immediately. I know we will lose Creech if a change is not made soon. Many of these other players would like to leave as well if a change is not made.
Ridgerunner, I don't think that they will ever do anything up there. If they have held on to Potter for all of these years with the record he has then I can't see them firing him now unless the parents and players really cause a huge stink about it. Look for Creech to be playing somewhere else next season. That is my prediction. The administration at Wolfe doesn't care anything about baseball, all they care about is basketball and for all of their efforts they are not real strong in that sport. They are in better shape in basketball than we are but that ain't saying much. Wolfe could be a very good baseball school but they don't seem to want that. Over the years I have seen alot of talent up there but it is always wasted because they refuse to get a coach that knows the game and is willing to put the time in. I would be shocked if they actually made a move. Look for Wolfe to continue to be the butt of many more jokes when it comes to their baseball program.
if they fire him, who will be some possible canidadates for the position? id say coach wood would be one
Strikeout King Wrote:if they fire him, who will be some possible canidadates for the position? id say coach wood would be one
Why would coach wood want to leave estill to go to wolfe? That don't make any sense at all.
PCBaseball Wrote:Why would coach wood want to leave estill to go to wolfe? That don't make any sense at all.

i said Coach Wood would more than likely be a canidadate for the position if they fired their coach, i didnt say that he was gonna leave Estill. i sure in the h*** hope he dont leave and i cant see wood going anywhere, not even to a bigger school!
PCBaseball Wrote:Ridgerunner, I don't think that they will ever do anything up there. If they have held on to Potter for all of these years with the record he has then I can't see them firing him now unless the parents and players really cause a huge stink about it. Look for Creech to be playing somewhere else next season. That is my prediction. The administration at Wolfe doesn't care anything about baseball, all they care about is basketball and for all of their efforts they are not real strong in that sport. They are in better shape in basketball than we are but that ain't saying much. Wolfe could be a very good baseball school but they don't seem to want that. Over the years I have seen alot of talent up there but it is always wasted because they refuse to get a coach that knows the game and is willing to put the time in. I would be shocked if they actually made a move. Look for Wolfe to continue to be the butt of many more jokes when it comes to their baseball program.
I would have to agree with you on this. They will probably never do anything with the baseball program at wolfe.
slugger35 Wrote:I would have to agree with you on this. They will probably never do anything with the baseball program at wolfe.
Well, I spoke to 5 starters today and they all said that they sure hope that potter is fired or that he realizes that he can't do the job and that his own players don't want to play for him any longer and resigns on his own.
I think Wolfe could be very successful. They have a nice new facility with an entire county to work with. I can see this being a good program if ran right.
I agree with you Bluecat, they could be very good if the people in charge would take it serious and do what is best for those kids who want to play basesball. Wolfe is one of those schools that think you can only be good in one sport.