Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 2009/2010
What do you all think?
I think playing team ball is the key here, these are a young group of girls and they must come together to come out on top.
I believe Allen Central will do pretty good this season. AC is very young right now.
rumors that Shepherd may end up going to Knott County and Kidd may not go there next year because they did hire her mom back. This would do the AC team in.
I think AC has a very good team, a young coach but she is very skilled in the sport
anyone heard if Shepherd and Kidd is going to play at AC, I heard that we was going to lose both of these girls this would be a big blow to AC.
i was told by a good source that shepherd and kidd were going to go to johnson central well just have to wait and see
I hope they do leave AC because no one seem to care if they go or not.

It would be the best for these girls to go some where esle.
yes it would be good players are hard to find now days and coaches now dont seem to know how to keep them and talk to them
Heard Shepherd & Kidd were coming to Johnson County next year but to Paintsville. If that happens Paintsville will be right back in the mix of things.
If all the girls come back and play they could be a good team for years to come. However they do have a young coach and I think she needs to have someone with her that knows the sport and knows how to communicate with the young girls. what i heard from last year was that she didn't know alot. Yell she played in high school but there is more to coaching than having played before. I think if they give her a chance and she gets an assistant or two that is skilled in basketball that they could be a real good team for several years.

As far as a couple of the young ladies transferring to another school to play ball. That is very unfortunate. These ladies have played on the girls team for a couple years now and you would think they would have a little bit of loyality to their school and they should take pride in wearing the school jersey. But i guess that is not important to the younger generation. Perhaps that is parents fault? They have to realize that if they are good enough players to go on to the next level after high school, they don't have to leave their home school and play somewhere else, if they play and they are good enough they will get recognized by college recruits. Let's fact it very few go on to the next level and play so it is important to be happy in school, don't put all your happiness in playing the game.
I heard Megan Jones has been playing summer ball with painstville
Shepherd/Jones/Kidd we may loses all these kids to other schools this will be bad for AC and the new coach. Shepherd and Kidd not only good players but the top in there class at ACMS. I heard today that some people at the High School was blamimg them leaving on there middle school coach because he will not help at the high school. I tell you one thing these girls think the world of this coach but he is not to be blame at all. Just hope we can hold on to him at the middle school heard he may go to Johnson Central also.
Jones to Paintsville, Shepherd to Johnson Central and Kidd to Prestonsburg.
LOL That sounds like somthing sis hall would do to keep the blame off her is to now say that coach hancock is the reason the three girls are leaving, I know coach hancock and i know that he would never do or say anything to these girls like that. I think they need to think about the boys coach doin these if they want to play the blame game. He is the one who wanted the girls back last year and caused coach turner some problems with her girls team so sis you are actually the one to blame for all of this not coach hancock or as far as that is coach mark martin its you! We can mark this one down as another sis hall episode!!!!! GROW-UP SIS AND GET A BACK BONE
formerrebel Wrote:LOL That sounds like somthing sis hall would do to keep the blame off her is to now say that coach hancock is the reason the three girls are leaving, I know coach hancock and i know that he would never do or say anything to these girls like that. I think they need to think about the boys coach doin these if they want to play the blame game. He is the one who wanted the girls back last year and caused coach turner some problems with her girls team so sis you are actually the one to blame for all of this not coach hancock or as far as that is coach mark martin its you! We can mark this one down as another sis hall episode!!!!! GROW-UP SIS AND GET A BACK BONE

Looks like Sis Hall scores again. Sis Hall 4 Allen Central Students 0!!
How many seniors did they loose?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
People, if you don't know what you are talking about why post on here. First of all Mark Martin is the boys coach and was the boys coach last year, why blame him for trouble with the girls team last year. I guess there is still people mourning over Johnny Martin and going to continue to blame Mark Martin for everything that happens up there. Maybe Coach Turner is to blame for the girls leaving, maybe she doesn't know how to coach or how to community with the girls or something, why blame someone else, put the blame where it belongs. Yes she played basketball in high school, but that doesn't qualify her to coach. So why don't you people leave this alone and get over the fact that Johnny is gone and move on. If the faculty, staff, students and parents of AC don't get their act together the sports programs and the whole entire school is going to continue to get worse and worse. Grow up people, you are suppose to set examples for the children, let your grudges go and quit acting like children yourselves.

I attended AC and I am actually ashamed of things I hear that some of the the faculty and staff are saying about each other. You are suppose to be one group, not divided up, you are all suppose to be there to do what is best for the students, why can't you do that instead of backstabbing each other.
I do believe that what that guy was saying was that there was some words and stuff betwe en the two coaches up there ( tiff and mark) and that might had started all of this. He was letting them stay after practice and everything after they had thier own and wasnt askin tiffany if she cared ofthey did or not i mean i know that he is a great one on one coach and knows the games but he should had been concentrating on his boys alot than on them and thats where the respect and stuff comes in at as far as coach on coach should had happend i think thats what they were saying but oh well everything is gone and overwith now and its time to start talking about the players instead of everything else lol
[COLOR="Red"]Shepherd & Kidd & Jones is gone from AC.

AC will be lucky to have a team they are something wrong at this school you just don't sit back and loose kids like this. KHSAA needs to investigate this school something is wrong.

I think the boys coach made a mistake by leaving the girls and now is doing everything he can to see that Tiffany does not have a team.

This has to stop somewhere.[/COLOR]
Know for a fact that Shepherd IS playing for Johnson Central because she played with them at the Pikeville College Camp yesterday(Monday, 6-22-09). JC lost by like 30 to Shelby Valley when I watched. People are also sayingKidd is at Paintsville--I am not sure because they are not in this camp!!!
Shepherd is at JC

Jones is at Paintsville

Kidd is at Prestonsburg

this is a shame this could had been a state tournament team if they would have stay together.

and to the people that is blaming Coach Hancock he had nothing to do with them leaving and he has done a great job at the middle school between the 5 years he has been there he has 8 county championship 4 C-Team 3 B Team and 1 A Team Has over 200 wins between the 3 teams.
What does the boys basketball coach have to do with 3 girls from AC leaving?? All he has ever wanted is to see those girls improve and succeed. JEALOUSY doesn't get a basketball program anywhere. Instead of putting the blame on the boys coach you should look at the success of the girls basketball program last year and then wonder why these 3 girls are leaving. People need to grow up and quit blaming everyone else for the problems of these programs.
Maybe should be looking at the coach herself instead of blaming Hancock or the boys coach for any of this!
I absolutely agree that maybe they should look at the coach and see why these girls are leaving after playing ball at ACHS for so many years.
little rebel woman Wrote:Shepherd is at JC

Jones is at Paintsville

Kidd is at Prestonsburg

this is a shame this could had been a state tournament team if they would have stay together.

and to the people that is blaming Coach Hancock he had nothing to do with them leaving and he has done a great job at the middle school between the 5 years he has been there he has 8 county championship 4 C-Team 3 B Team and 1 A Team Has over 200 wins between the 3 teams.

I know nothing about this situation, just what I have read here and some "hearsay" but here are my thoghts:

1) Mark Martin is a SNAKE and is not the type of person who would want his successor (Tiffany Turner) to be successful. He has a HUGE ego so I am sure he did everything he could to undermine Turner and keeps that team in turmoil and keep the impressionable young players "worshipping" him.
2) Hancock seems to be a good guy and good coach. Probably hard for him to assist a novice young coach though.
3) Jones is moving due to proximity to Dad's job. Paintsville is a good school so she will be much better off academically and their team is usually pretty good, better than AC.
4) Shephard & Kidd are entering 9th grade and can go anywhere. Not sre either is making a good choice...............
5) Shepherd lives a long way from JC from what I am told, but it is much better academically. However, JC is rebuilding with a coach with even less experience than the one she is leaving and the Wireman era is OVER.......
6)Kidd is the one that is hardest to figure. They are terrible now and will be still be bad 3-4 years from now. They have nothing to go with her. Prestonsburg is not a step up academically either. What are they thinking???
It is all sad that in all this the kids are the ones hurting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Momma Madea Wrote:I know nothing about this situation, just what I have read here and some "hearsay" but here are my thoghts:

1) Mark Martin is a SNAKE and is not the type of person who would want his successor (Tiffany Turner) to be successful. He has a HUGE ego so I am sure he did everything he could to undermine Turner and keeps that team in turmoil and keep the impressionable young players "worshipping" him.
2) Hancock seems to be a good guy and good coach. Probably hard for him to assist a novice young coach though.
3) Jones is moving due to proximity to Dad's job. Paintsville is a good school so she will be much better off academically and their team is usually pretty good, better than AC.
4) Shephard & Kidd are entering 9th grade and can go anywhere. Not sre either is making a good choice...............
5) Shepherd lives a long way from JC from what I am told, but it is much better academically. However, JC is rebuilding with a coach with even less experience than the one she is leaving and the Wireman era is OVER.......
6)Kidd is the one that is hardest to figure. They are terrible now and will be still be bad 3-4 years from now. They have nothing to go with her. Prestonsburg is not a step up academically either. What are they thinking???
I have to say that I totally disagree about Mark Martin keeping the girls team in turmoil. I know him and know that all 3 of these girls think the world of him as a coach and he wanted nothing but the best for these kids. Mark Martin does not have to do anything to keep these young players "worshipping" him, he earned their respect as a coach/friend and they continue to respect him. I think in order to have a successful program not only does one have to know the game and how to coach but you have a respectful relationship between players/coach. Does anyone stop to think that the girls coach may be the one with the problem and not everyone elses fault?? Again, what does Mark Martin have to do with the fact that the girls are leaving after playing for ACHS for several years and under several coaches?? These girls are apparently unhappy with how the basketball program is being run and they are wanting better for themselves, academically and for sports. It is very sad that these girls are leaving after playing ball for so many years together and they are the ones hurting. Just because you know someone doesn't always make them the best candidate for the job!
I had heard that Shepherd and Kidd were coming to Paintsville. As it turns out Jones is coming because of her fathers job. Paintsville has a very young team and will lose only one player after this coming season. Can't understand Kidd's decision to go to Prestonsburg, seems like more of the same. I think Shepherd would have faired better at Paintsville. She would have fit nicely with Vanhoose, Hansford and Carroll. Jones will certainly help this team. Paintsville lost two games to Shelby Valley this summer. Both games very competitive. Lost one by 12 I think and the other by 4.
It is a free country, PARENTS decide where their children are educated.

Ms. Hall, principal at ACHS, always puts Allen Central's students' education first. This is the reason Allen Central was the #1 high school, academically, four of the past five years in Floyd County. She wants the girls' basketball program to succeed, as she wants all extracurricular programs to succeed.

Tiffany Turner is a young coach, she is learning, growing, and very competitive. She will build a great program for Allen Central. This takes time and she needs support from parents, players, and the faculty.

Mark Martin works hard with the boys' basketball team and is very knowledgable about the game. He too needs the support of faculty, staff, parents, and the players.

Rick Hancock is an excellent coach and worked as the Maytown coach for Ms. Hall when she was principal there. He wants the best for all players and worked very hard with Tiffany to build the girls' program. They were a good coaching team. He was granted an one-year waiver (one time only) from the KHSAA to coach at the high school level.

With Coach Hancock at the middle school level and Coach Turner at the high school level, AC has good prospects for the future.