•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central Coach for 09/10
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I believe Rhett would still take it if offered. And I believe she went "UP STATE" to look for a coach. Knott is almost as far as you can go down state I believe.

Rhett has already said he wouldn't take it if she offered now. And as for up state or down....who cares!
I heard Jon Bentley was looking around KCC today (Friday). He will be the new Coach at Knott Central from what I hear from the head chiefs at Knott. Jon will be a wonderful hire for the kids in Knott County. Congrats Jon if you get it.
Jon Bentley would be a good choice, but every time you turn around somebody is on here saying "so and so will be the next coach at KCC" like it's a sure thing. The way it's looking those kids will be coaching themselves and I'm beginning to wonder if they might be better off that way. It's really sad for them, because there really are some talented kids on that team. All that ridiculousness that apparently goes on over there is destroying a great opportunity for those kids. I've always heard that Knott County is one of the most politically rotten, and yes I said rotten, places in the state of Kentucky. I always thought ahhh it can't be that bad, but if this mess is any indication then everything I've heard is true.
Get On With It Already And Hire Those Kids A Coach!!!!
House Wrote:Jon Bentley would be a good choice, but every time you turn around somebody is on here saying "so and so will be the next coach at KCC" like it's a sure thing. The way it's looking those kids will be coaching themselves and I'm beginning to wonder if they might be better off that way. It's really sad for them, because there really are some talented kids on that team. All that ridiculousness that apparently goes on over there is destroying a great opportunity for those kids. I've always heard that Knott County is one of the most politically rotten, and yes I said rotten, places in the state of Kentucky. I always thought ahhh it can't be that bad, but if this mess is any indication then everything I've heard is true.
Kim has made it worse for the school system.

I predict that DJ will be the coach.
rojas Wrote:Supafuzz is only speculating. In reality, a raise had nothing at all to do with the decision. And yes, KCC had a very, very good chance at landing Hicks. I believe if not for the talent coming back to SC next year Hicks would be at KCC now. Hicks has expressed what a great coaching position Perry Co Central would be, because of the support of the administration. He had also told me at one time the North Laurel program is a sleeping giant. It is Hicks feeling that the right coach at NL could build a powerhouse. I could see him doing well at KCC. And as far as politics, Hicks has never been one to let anyone influence the way he coaches.

was no speculating on my part. was told from the players from kcc he was not even closely going to take the job. and the only 2 names that they know is considering or offered the job as of now is bb king and cavanaugh trent.

Fuzz...
Supafuzz Wrote:was no speculating on my part. was told from the players from kcc he was not even closely going to take the job. and the only 2 names that they know is considering or offered the job as of now is bb king and cavanaugh trent.

Fuzz...

I said a month ago that BB King would be hired as KCC's new coach. I was scoffed at.

I will hold to my prediction in the above post about DJ, though. Anything is possible with Knott. Confusedhh:
Supafuzz Wrote:the only 2 names that they know is considering or offered the job as of now is bb king and cavanaugh trent.

Fuzz...

If you think Rodney Woods and Billy Hicks were not offered the KCC coaching position you are mistaken. They were both offered the position and both seriously considered accepting the job. The KCC head coaching position is a plum job for the right applicant. Your in a region that doesn't have any LexCaths, Brian Stations, or Scott County's to compete with for a district and/or regional crown every year. A good coach could do really well there.

My hats off to KCC for going after 3 of the best in the state.
Who the heck is next and when are these people finally going to hire someone. They should have never gotten rid of Amburgey, its leading to nothing but trouble thus far.
rojas Wrote:If you think Rodney Woods and Billy Hicks were not offered the KCC coaching position you are mistaken. They were both offered the position and both seriously considered accepting the job. The KCC head coaching position is a plum job for the right applicant. Your in a region that doesn't have any LexCaths, Brian Stations, or Scott County's to compete with for a district and/or regional crown every year. A good coach could do really well there.

Do you not understand that she only offered it to people who she knew wouldnt take it. Look for ole BB to finally get his chance after 30 years of waiting to be a head coach. I wonder if there has ever been a coach in KY that waited until he was in his 50's to get his start?
Jeter_theman Wrote:Kim has made it worse for the school system.

I predict that DJ will be the coach.

David Jeff would make a great coach. Go DJ all the way to rupp.
KCC does not need a young, inexperienced team to coach. These boys need someone who has experience and can make some noise in the state. If she hires Bentley or Trent she has done a great injustice to the COUNTY!
My sources in Knott say that it is just about too late. The younger players are looking elsewhere to play. Could it be a JBS - KCC rivalry right at home at the COMPLEX? Things don't look good for the PAts. GO DAWGS!
Any chance Knott tries to grab one of the younger up and coming coaches of the 14th. John Noble at Buckhorn or Danny Wright at Lee ( I think that's his name) would be two good candidates to go after. Look at what they have done at their SMALL schools.
MY Lord, why would you replace Amburgey with any of these guys mentioned?
eddierabbit Wrote:MY Lord, why would you replace Amburgey with any of these guys mentioned?

Maybe because over the course of the last 3-4 years, Buckhorn and Lee have been as successful as KCC. KCC had a very good record this year, but really didn't get much more hardware than Lee or Buckhorn. Both Lee and Buckhorn have far less students and far less resources than Knott.
I think Noble at Buckhorn is as good a coach and could win at Knott as Amburgey done. I think getting rid of Amburgey is a mistake, but I think Noble for sure would do a good job.
swish Wrote:I don't really know who has applied for the job, but none of the names mentioned are any better coach than Rhett Gibson.

I don't know much about Gibson but he must be a heck of a coach to be better than Hicks and Woods.
rojas Wrote:I don't know much about Gibson but he must be a heck of a coach to be better than Hicks and Woods.

I didn't say Gibson was better than Hicks and Woods...I said they were no better than him...but now that you mention it....I would probably say he is better...he has never had to recruit players to have a competitive team. Hicks recruits high school like its a college.
rojas Wrote:I don't know much about Gibson but he must be a heck of a coach to be better than Hicks and Woods.

He took the girls to state and maybe the boys not sure about the boys...but he is a fine person and coach and that is my pick for the job
Rhett took the girls to the state with Kasey mullins galloway but DID NOT take the boys. People are worried that the powers that be are waiting too long to hire a coach. All other school are already having open gym, scheduling... But I don't believe Rhett is the man for the job. Pats need one fast.
He did not take the boys. He is not the right fit for KCC now. Hazard has been working on a summer schedule and 09-10 schedule. Knott is way behind. Does anyone over there care??
Bluecat Wrote:I think Noble at Buckhorn is as good a coach and could win at Knott as Amburgey done. I think getting rid of Amburgey is a mistake, but I think Noble for sure would do a good job.

I was a strong supporter of Coach Amburgey and hated to see him go but however, when I learned there was no chance of him returning Noble was one of the first candidates to come to mind. I agree with you 100%.
rojas Wrote:If you think Rodney Woods and Billy Hicks were not offered the KCC coaching position you are mistaken. They were both offered the position and both seriously considered accepting the job. The KCC head coaching position is a plum job for the right applicant. Your in a region that doesn't have any LexCaths, Brian Stations, or Scott County's to compete with for a district and/or regional crown every year. A good coach could do really well there.

guys,,, what part of me saying that bb and trent are the ones being offered now dont you get??? yes woods AND hicks were offered,, they turned it down. they are no longer considered for the job and i am posting whom is being offered and considered as of NOW.

Fuzz...
swish Wrote:I didn't say Gibson was better than Hicks and Woods...I said they were no better than him...but now that you mention it....I would probably say he is better...he has never had to recruit players to have a competitive team. Hicks recruits high school like its a college.

That's a pretty bold statement. Most of the teams Hicks has had in the Sweet 16 didn't have a single transfer. The 2007 state championship team didn't have a single transfer and went undefeated in the state. Hicks is near the all time lead in Sweet 16 wins (18) and before he retires could be the all time leader in overall wins. He did a fantastic job at Evarts, Harlan, and Corbin with much smaller talent pools than KCC. Your as intitled to your opinion, but given a choice I would choose Hicks. Kids love to play for him.
Supafuzz Wrote:guys,,, what part of me saying that bb and trent are the ones being offered now dont you get??? yes woods AND hicks were offered,, they turned it down. they are no longer considered for the job and i am posting whom is being offered and considered as of NOW.

Fuzz...

I am not saying you are wrong, honestly I believe you that these are the only two offered, But with that said How do two people hold an offer for the same position.

What if they both call in Monday morning wanting to accept?
P&G. I think KCC offered Woods first. He declined after strongly considering the position. I would guess that KCC was as surprised as anyone when Hicks contacted KCC to ask about the position. Both Woods and Hicks are two of the state's best.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:I am not saying you are wrong, honestly I believe you that these are the only two offered, But with that said How do two people hold an offer for the same position.

What if they both call in Monday morning wanting to accept?

I think one for head coach and the other for asst.
The only thing happening here is that the children are suffering. Other programs are only getting a head of the game. KCC's game is over - get on with it Hire someone for the kids not for politics...................
rojas Wrote:Supafuzz is only speculating. In reality, a raise had nothing at all to do with the decision. And yes, KCC had a very, very good chance at landing Hicks. I believe if not for the talent coming back to SC next year Hicks would be at KCC now. Hicks has expressed what a great coaching position Perry Co Central would be, because of the support of the administration. He had also told me at one time the North Laurel program is a sleeping giant. It is Hicks feeling that the right coach at NL could build a powerhouse. I could see him doing well at KCC. And as far as politics, Hicks has never been one to let anyone influence the way he coaches.

I would love to see Hicks at PCC after Hatchdaddy retires or leaves.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next