•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central Coach for 09/10
Jeter_theman Wrote:We know who the coach is. We just need to know who the assistant is.

Knott sports is a joke anymore. With the talent they have there, the Supe and the AD are turning it into a 3 ring circus.

Maybe its the fans turning it into a 3 ring circus?
kryptonite Wrote:Actually, Bobby Keith is coming out of retirement and taking the KCC job. He is, also, bringing Kevin Spurlock in as his assistant. Coach Keith will be opening a new clothing store in the Holly Hills Shopping Center.

Sarcasm can sound stupid in the wrong hands.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Maybe its the fans turning it into a 3 ring circus?
Not a fan. And it's not the fans. It's the dang Supe. She has no idea how to run a can opener, much less the county school system.
Overrated Wrote:Im not even sure if their is one right now...But I Know for a fact that it isn't David Jeff Stamper. He was but not anymore. Can I ask you a question.. So if you was coaching KCC and Stuart was on your team, You wouldn't play him as much as he got played this past season?

Didn't say that. Stuart is a very good player. It's just the times that certain players need to sit when they are in a funk during a game, yet they keep on.

It's maddening.
Dawggie Wrote:I wasn't aware that David Stamper was on the bench this year. Jim Cox, Kevin Davis and the Conley man are the only ones that I thought helped with the team.

Thanks for confirming my comment. Daddy ball in full force.

DJ sits on the other side of the court and directs. Watch this coming season. When he twitches his nose, that means they go into a 2-3 zone. Really....
All of this is getting so old, year in and year out. It is the same ol' same ol! Give Cavanaugh Trent the job and let this young man begin what, IMO, A VERY BRIGHT coaching career. Great with the kids, knows the game, and will be there for as long as the job is there! A simple hire IMO!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Sarcasm can sound stupid in the wrong hands.

Why are you taking offense to someone making light of a ridiculous situation?:redboxer: :redboxer:

PinkBBall Will Coach Keith's carry men's and womens clothes or just Clay memorablillia?

I think he will only be carrying Richie farmer Jerseys and other Clay memorabilia. :Clap: :Clap:
Jeter_theman Wrote:Thanks for confirming my comment. Daddy ball in full force.

DJ sits on the other side of the court and directs. Watch this coming season. When he twitches his nose, that means they go into a 2-3 zone. Really....

If he blinks his eyes five times it means to break out the full court press!!:lmao:
kryptonite Wrote:Why are you taking offense to someone making light of a ridiculous situation?:redboxer: :redboxer:

PinkBBall Will Coach Keith's carry men's and womens clothes or just Clay memorablillia?

I think he will only be carrying Richie farmer Jerseys and other Clay memorabilia. :Clap: :Clap:

Hopefully he carries Richie's brothers jersey, I always like him better TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
A thread was just closed about Billy Hicks. A student at KCC just called his dad at work. Billy Hicks was seen with David Stamper at KCC today. No rumor - fact. UK fan #1 - Did he interview???
Blocked Shot Wrote:A thread was just closed about Billy Hicks. A student at KCC just called his dad at work. Billy Hicks was seen with David Stamper at KCC today. No rumor - fact. UK fan #1 - Did he interview???
A student called his dad? Show me better proof. Hearsay....
Jeter_theman Wrote:A student called his dad? Show me better proof. Hearsay....

i agree
Billy Hicks is the best coach in Kentucky Basketball History! Good Luck!
New topic: Who the next coach for Scott County?
Blocked Shot Wrote:A thread was just closed about Billy Hicks. A student at KCC just called his dad at work. Billy Hicks was seen with David Stamper at KCC today. No rumor - fact. UK fan #1 - Did he interview???

Yes.....not only was he at KCC but also at the Knott County board and did indeed interview for the position, thats what I've heard from numerous sources.
#1ukfan Wrote:Yes.....not only was he at KCC but also at the Knott County board and did indeed interview for the position, thats what I've heard from numerous sources.

Its true, Hicks was in Hindman today.
It must be true, Brian Milam said so
First it amazes me that Hicks would leave Scoot County but just becaue Briam Milam said so doesn' make it true. If it is then I guess Billy Gillispie would be the next Scott County coach since he is in need of a job and he did start out as a high school coach,:please:
Down and Out Wrote:First it amazes me that Hicks would leave Scoot County but just becaue Briam Milam said so doesn' make it true. If it is then I guess Billy Gillispie would be the next Scott County coach since he is in need of a job and he did start out as a high school coach,:please:

I'd like to see Billy Clyde there.:biggrin:
Down and Out Wrote:First it amazes me that Hicks would leave Scoot County but just becaue Briam Milam said so doesn' make it true. If it is then I guess Billy Gillispie would be the next Scott County coach since he is in need of a job and he did start out as a high school coach,:please:

You can hold your please sign up until the cows come home but it is very true that Billy Hicks was indeed in Knott County today.
#1ukfan Wrote:Yes.....not only was he at KCC but also at the Knott County board and did indeed interview for the position, thats what I've heard from numerous sources.

Why the heck would he need to interview. Do they not know enough about him or something?
I agree, don't think it was much of an interview. I am sure it was this is how much we can give you, this is your job. Go sleep on it and see you Friday for a press conference.
Looks like Jeter needs to eat his words. It was on WYMT news. #1 UK Fan was right.

Jeter- You need to realize that KCC basketball will be a force to be reckoned with next year.

#1 Uk Fan - What are the plans for the summer for KCC? Have any been made yet?

Things seem to get interesting.
I was told that he was in Knott County today and that he was offered the job. From what I gathered he should reply back in a couple days.

Was he given a tour of the facilities? How long was he in Knott? Who did he meet with?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:I agree, don't think it was much of an interview. I am sure it was this is how much we can give you, this is your job. Go sleep on it and see you Friday for a press conference.
The only reason I can see for a coach like Billy Hicks to come to Knott County or any other county around here is so he can go back to Scott County and say "this is what they offered me - now match their offer."
where is Jeter? He must still be eating his words.
There is much more to this story than just Coach Hicks trying to get more money. A lot of things have been taken away from him at Scott County. Could you imagine Hicks, Hatcher and Holland just 25 miles from each other? The three have a total of around 1,700 wins with three state titles and have in the vicinity of 20-25 region championships!
Brian Milam Wrote:There is much more to this story than just Coach Hicks trying to get more money. A lot of things have been taken away from him at Scott County. Could you imagine Hicks, Hatcher and Holland just 25 miles from each other? The three have a total of around 1,700 wins with three state titles and have in the vicinity of 20-25 region championships!

Gotta agree with Milam.. it would be great to have these 3 coaching in the 14th next year. I hope he takes the job.
Brian Milam Wrote:There is much more to this story than just Coach Hicks trying to get more money. A lot of things have been taken away from him at Scott County. Could you imagine Hicks, Hatcher and Holland just 25 miles from each other? The three have a total of around 1,700 wins with three state titles and have in the vicinity of 20-25 region championships!

I've heard this too. I didn't believe there was a chance until I was told this. I was told that Scott County has gotten rid of his position.
Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days!! I also agree, that it would be great to have those three great coaches so close to each other and in the same region!! Would love to see the 14th region get really competitive in the Sweet 16 and win a few games in the next several years!! Good luck everyone!!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next