Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. 2009
Do not be surprised if you see the DOUBLE WING in Powell county this year.
It could happen.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Powell needs a line coach and there is a good one right in Powell county, need to get him on board this year. The new coach needs to try to get Joe Rose on the staff. I hear Powells d cordinator might be leaving and he would be a good d cordinator to.
Easy there big guy! Your about to give yourself away..lol
We have an O-line coach & pretty sure D-coord. is staying.
TongueirateSho
F.N.L. Wrote:Do not be surprised if you see the DOUBLE WING in Powell county this year.
It could happen.
Sure hope not! I don't mind it but would rather see the spread style with some wishbone thrown in.
We ran the wishbone when I played but Coach Carter also would spread the field about 25-30% of the time. It wasn't too bad.
TongueirateSho
could estill county get a dose of the double wing, i know people there didnt like the offense, maybe they will appreciate it after it goes thru their mouth and out their :runtouchd
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Powell needs a line coach and there is a good one right in Powell county, need to get him on board this year. The new coach needs to try to get Joe Rose on the staff. I hear Powells d cordinator might be leaving and he would be a good d cordinator to.

You wouldnt give youself any praise would you. If your not braggin on your son its yourself.:lmao: . Im sorry maybe i should do this:worthy:
thought for today Wrote:could estill county get a dose of the double wing, i know people there didnt like the offense, maybe they will appreciate it after it goes thru their mouth and out their :runtouchd

Talk about pouring salt on the wound.:devilflam
Any word on the number of applicants?
who do you think is in powells top 3?
411 Wrote:who do you think is in powells top 3?

As of right now from the word going round, there are 5 . It's changed a lil' with some more showing interest in the job. Names being mentioned are Preston, Jones, a coach from Johnson Central, and a possible former Breathitt coach.
Also a coach from the Lexington area. This is just what's going around as of today. Powell co. is no door-mat anymore in football and alot of good coaches interested in the job.
P.C.Defense Wrote:As of right now from the word going round, there are 5 . It's changed a lil' with some more showing interest in the job. Names being mentioned are Preston, Jones, a coach from Johnson Central, and a possible former Breathitt coach.
Also a coach from the Lexington area. This is just what's going around as of today. Powell co. is no door-mat anymore in football and alot of good coaches interested in the job.
I would throw the Breathitt name out of the mix. He is next in line over there.
TongueirateSho
blitz43 Wrote:I would throw the Breathitt name out of the mix. He is next in line over there.
TongueirateSho
He is talking about a different Breathitt guy than you are.He's talking about one that just left for another head coaches job.Not the one still there.
I was told by some very important people in Stanton that a push for the coach from Bullitt is going to be made. These are people with some connections here in Stanton and they are going to go to all lengths to get coach Preston from Bullitt. What these people want they get. Hear a big offer is going to be made to a coach that played for a championship to get him down here in Stanton. There may be other applicants but Preston is who they want. Come on down to Stanton coach. You are the coach we want here. Big offer to be made in the next day or two to a championship coach in Powell county. I want to be the first one to buy you lunch.
blitz43 Wrote:I would throw the Breathitt name out of the mix. He is next in line over there.
TongueirateSho

That would surely spell doom for you blitz if they hired a Breathitt Bobcat(lol)
With all the Breathitt-neck stuff and all you devised(lol):biggrin:
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I was told by some very important people in Stanton that a push for the coach from Bullitt is going to be made. These are people with some connections here in Stanton and they are going to go to all lengths to get coach Preston from Bullitt. What these people want they get. Hear a big offer is going to be made to a coach that played for a championship to get him down here in Stanton. There may be other applicants but Preston is who they want. Come on down to Stanton coach. You are the coach we want here. Big offer to be made in the next day or two to a championship coach in Powell county. I want to be the first one to buy you lunch.

He's from Bullitt East not Bullitt. He's in a good situation where he is, I'm sure a few things will have to happen for this to have a possibility of happening.
BOBCAT Wrote:He is talking about a different Breathitt guy than you are.He's talking about one that just left for another head coaches job.Not the one still there.
My bad. I thought we were talking bout the same guy. I thought the other coach was going to Pikeville? Is that him or is it another one? If so, why are they all wanting to get out?
TongueirateSho
P.C.Defense Wrote:That would surely spell doom for you blitz if they hired a Breathitt Bobcat(lol)
With all the Breathitt-neck stuff and all you devised(lol):biggrin:
Oh Well! So be it. I was just mad from getting the tar whipped out of us...lol
TongueirateSho
As our ole buddy says, " Every coach needs a good manager " (lol)
If I have any say at all and I'm sure I wont, I will tell them what an outstanding job you did toatin' them water bottles and dryin' balls.
(lol)
P.C.Defense Wrote:As our ole buddy says, " Every coach needs a good manager " (lol)
If I have any say at all and I'm sure I wont, I will tell them what an outstanding job you did toatin' them water bottles and dryin' balls.
(lol)
:lmao: TongueirateSho
My prediction goes 1. Breathitt(after all they are the team to beat) 2. Magoffin CO.(saw these guys compete 3 times last year, that offense was explosive and they return 9 on O, 9 on D. 3. Powell (experience helps and my coin told me so.) 4. Estill ( to much turmoil and my other half of the coin told me so. )
all these changes makes you wonder how much longer the school will wait before hiring someone.
look for new line coach and the line will git-r-done.
blitz43 Wrote:My bad. I thought we were talking bout the same guy. I thought the other coach was going to Pikeville? Is that him or is it another one? If so, why are they all wanting to get out?
TongueirateSho

No.Chapman went to Pike Central but has now applied in Powell.
blitz43 Wrote:Oh Well! So be it. I was just mad from getting the tar whipped out of us...lol
TongueirateSho
Yeah;Sorry about that.It will be worse this year.LOL.
BOBCAT Wrote:No.Chapman went to Pike Central but has now applied in Powell.
If that happened(IF). Would he bring Jonathan with him. Didn't he coach running backs at Breathitt?(DOOM BLITZ43, DOOM)LOL
P.C.Defense Wrote:If that happened(IF). Would he bring Jonathan with him. Didn't he coach running backs at Breathitt?(DOOM BLITZ43, DOOM)LOL

Yes Johnathan went with him.I would imagine he would make him his top assistant.
Better hope he don't read the Breathitt coments.
Will he retain any of the prior Powell staff?
P.C.Defense Wrote:If that happened(IF). Would he bring Jonathan with him. Didn't he coach running backs at Breathitt?(DOOM BLITZ43, DOOM)LOL
I am not concerned with this at all. I want to coach but it is not the end of the world. My little girl is starting to play softball. "IF" I ain't back on the sidelines, I "will" be in the dugout. My wife would welcome this..lol. I will still go to all the ballgames. I am a fan as well as a coach. I want these boys to do good....with me or without me.
TongueirateSho
F.N.L. Wrote:Better hope he don't read the Breathitt coments.
I am sure he is on here every day reading this crap. He already don't like me. I went and exchanged tapes with him last year and he barely said a sentence to me.Confusedhh:
blitz43 Wrote:I am sure he is on here every day reading this crap. He already don't like me. I went and exchanged tapes with him last year and he barely said a sentence to me.Confusedhh:
Good luck with softball.(lol)