Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your opinion on ron blume
Ok dudes.. this thread is abotu ron blume, not david jones or doug howard.. if you want to make comparisons then that's all fine and dandy, but the jock strap comment was out of hand.. get it back on topic or this will get locked up faster than a liberal running through harlan..
"locked up faster than a liberal running thru Harlan" now that is funny CTD...that is the 1st time I have heard that saying...pretty good...lol.
I was the greatest Wrote:not hating on anyone...this is a site to post your opinions and for sports enthusiasts to compare diff aspects of the game and for the statement he was a better player than me we will never because i never played him i graduated in 03 the year before sc dropped to 2a if my memory serves me right belfry beat sc by 1 td i think (i am not for sure) sc one good rb and a qb
their fb quit the team the week before
i played o and d line and there wasn't anyone on belfry's o or d line that could carry my jock strap

I don't have a dog in this fight but I'm totally shocked. First of all, this isn't directed toward you but let's not turn this into a racial issue. Racism is a problem in our world so let's leave and let be. Joey Stepp is the last SC player I can remember being so good on the d and o lines that a person from Belfry couldn't carry his jock strap. No offense to you my friend, but where's the ring? Haywood produces players, especially offensive lineman. Look at last season, the entire line was gone from their 2003 state championship team and people had their doubts. Out of no where comes a group that gets it done and the same again for this year's bunch.
MOJO Wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight but I'm totally shocked. First of all, this isn't directed toward you but let's not turn this into a racial issue. Racism is a problem in our world so let's leave and let be. Joey Stepp is the last SC player I can remember being so good on the d and o lines that a person from Belfry couldn't carry his jock strap. No offense to you my friend, but where's the ring? Haywood produces players, especially offensive lineman. Look at last season, the entire line was gone from their 2003 state championship team and people had their doubts. Out of no where comes a group that gets it done and the same again for this year's bunch.

Good post MOJO.
southwesternwarrior Wrote:what is your opinion on ron blume, is he as good as everyone says he is?
I am planning on coming down from Columbus Ohio to watch my nephew rack up the yards against Ashland! He is the real deal, and I can't wait to watch him from the comfort of my lazyboy on Saturday afternoons next season! Go Ron!
Speedster#17Aunt Wrote:I am planning on coming down from Columbus Ohio to watch my nephew rack up the yards against Ashland! He is the real deal, and I can't wait to watch him from the comfort of my lazyboy on Saturday afternoons next season! Go Ron!

Just curious, what schools are talking/showing interest in Ron?? Any offers on the table?? I've been asking this all year but heard nothing.
the regional championship ring from where i beat belfry in 98 is on my hand
never got to play them after that
we have 4 sc boys at cumberland 3 at pikeville(4in previous years) 2 of the ones at cumberland are state championship wrestlers and decided not to play football
I was the greatest Wrote:the regional championship ring from where i beat belfry in 98 is on my hand
we have 4 sc boys at cumberland 3 at pikeville(4in previous years) 2 of the ones at cumberland are state championship wrestlers and decided not to play football

Congrats to all those guys. You playing anywhere?? I was talking state title rings, why get a ring if it isn't a state championship??? No offense to you man because I'm sure that's your pride and joy but I just don't see a point in a regional championship ring. Two of our former players have national championship rings. If you have a 98 regional title ring, how'd you graduate in 2003?? If this is correct you would have been in middle school in 98.
8th grade
i played at pikeville for one year then my wife had our son so that shot that in the foot
and the ring was bought by the board of ed
it says regional champs
class 3a fab four
that was also the year we played highlands when j-lo and derek smith were seniors they were the #2 team in the nation at that time
we lost by 2 td's so they thought it was pretty kewl so they got em for us
I was the greatest Wrote:the regional championship ring from where i beat belfry in 98 is on my hand

No offense but why in the world would any team be given a ring for a regional title?? Rings are for state champions....Nevermind just saw the post above mine.
MOJO Wrote:Just curious, what schools are talking/showing interest in Ron?? Any offers on the table?? I've been asking this all year but heard nothing.
That is something that Ron has to let you all know! It will be interesting to see what happens after the season! Stand by for news...............
Speedster#17Aunt Wrote:That is something that Ron has to let you all know! It will be interesting to see what happens after the season! Stand by for news...............

Oh c'mon now, you could just let us know what schools are in hot pursuit. I mean you don't have to let Ron's opinions or who he's courting (no I don't mean the girl although I know who she is) but just let us know whose contacting him, coming to his games and such.
IMO Ron Blume could be one of the greats and I hope he goe sto some college that could lead him to greatness.
Has he recieved any offers, does anyone know?
Hope he goes to college and plays football
ttt
I'll reserve my thoughts on Mr. Blume until after the game this week. I have seen him play once against Greenup County. It is hard to not look good against Greenup County this year. Also, Blume did not play much after slightly injuring his ankle on a muffed punt. With all the pressure of the Johnson Central's fans, Ashland's defense, and a district championship on the line, that will honestly show the ability of Mr. Blume.
how big is ron blume?
does he play defense??
Blume is IMO the best running back in EKY and he will show it this Friday against Ashland. Big Players Make Big Plays in Big Games...Thats all i got to say...
Blume is 5"8 170. Tomcat68, he didn't sit out because of his injured ankle, he sat out because JC had the win locked up. He only played special teams after the end of the first quarter. And he hasn't received any offers yet. Just a week ago he got into the NCAA Clearing House so really still waiting for full authorization!
blume has 1700 yards on 140 carries give or take 3 or 4 accounting for stat keeping errors 2000 total yards with 26 touchdowns minus kick return stats!!!!!!!!!
Blume is a nice player!! I was the greatest is those his stats year to date?
i am pretty sure but i will check tommorrow and let ya know
According to the KHSAA:
Ron Blume:
Rushing: 1711 yards on 125 carries, 20 TDs in 8 games
Scoring: 20 Rushing TDs, 0 TDs receiving (though I know this is wrong because I attended their game vs. GC where he had one), 3 TDs scored in other ways, 0 FGs, 0 PATS, 4 two-point conversions, for a total of 146 points.
Howard will no doubt have an excellent career at Pikeville College, and Blume could definitely do the same.
FAST, FASTER, AND FASTEST
I think he is a fast back and he has the old pburg player shawn ousley at center blocking for him and the other BIG linemen.
:mad: Blume is fast. I dont think the Ashland D can catch him or hold him back.

specially if the o-line does a great job.

GO JC