Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has your new transfers help your girls program
Dale Dunnette Wrote:You of people should have noted that Rose Hill's Runner Up finish was because of the 2 transfers that Kidwell let get away. :HitWall:

It was their head coach that got them there. By the way, nice pic! Transfers will help our program and we will continue to get them.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I just think it all boils down to the parents. Example-->If you dishonestly lie about your residence so your kid gets to play at a certain school, then that isn't cool. However, if the parents on purpose move so there kids can play at a school, then I don't see no problem. If the school board doesn't like it, then change the rules, but if they can't change the rules, then what are they to do? If I had a kid, and I could legally let my kid choose a school, and want to do it. That is my choice.

couldn't have said it better myself.
razor Wrote:They transferred because they wanted their kids to be on a winning team for the next 4-5 years to come and they are giving their kids the best coaching in the Tri-State area...Does it really matter what their motive or intent were for leaving?

Not all kids transfer because they want to be on a winning team.
Some kids actually have reasons.
porkchop Wrote:There is very little loyalty in high school athletics. As soon as a program has a bad year or two it seems a lot of parents hit the panic button and goes find a school that is playing well and moves them there.

Some parents are like that...
but like i said, that isnt always why a kid transfers.
untouchable13 Wrote:Some parents are like that...
but like i said, that isnt always why a kid transfers.

Unless it’s a legitimate change of address. Then otherwise yes that's why they transfer. Parents see it as grass is greener on the other side.
Talent is talent and if my son is talented then if I can legally put him in a school of my choice I would, but I wouldn't do it illegally.
Transfers Don't Win Games For The Team.
Transfers Help To Shape A Team To Be Better Byusing What Knowledge And Skill They Have And Combining It With The Knowledge And Skill With The Other Players On The Team.
So Stop Thinking Just Because You Got A Couple Of Good Players To Transfer To Your School That That Is The Reason You've Been Winning Games.
Stop Acting Like The Transfers Are Star Players.
No One Is A Star Player, It Is A Team Effort. <--- Notice The Word "team"!!!
And If You Are A Parent Who Transfers Their Kid Because You Want Them To Be On A Winning Team, You Are Rediculous!
It Isn't About Winning Or Losing.
It Is About A Little Girl Who Fell Inlove With The Game And Never Looked Back. She Plays For Herself.
Not Mommy And Daddy.
So Start Being A Good Parent And Cheer For Your Kid Losing Record Team Or Not, And Stop Using Your Daughter As A Trophy!
Transfers can help a team win games. But they don't always help a team win championships. Case in point, Scot Co. boys.
razor Wrote:It was their head coach that got them there. By the way, nice pic! Transfers will help our program and we will continue to get them.

JIBBERISH !!!!!!!!!:moon:
Where is all of this leading to? Rose Hill's loss and Ashland's gain, transferrably speaking. If parents are unhappy then get your kid out of Dodge, so they can have an opportunity else where. No big deal to me. I wonder what Skip Pass' take is on all of this?
IMO transfers are high school students. If this thread is about middle school transfers it should be on the middle school thread. I could care less where they go until they start high school. Once they play varsity in high school they either need to REALLY MOVE LEGITIMATELY or sit out. If they do one of these 2 things they deserve a chance to contribute and compete/earn playing time just like every other girl or boy.
Momma Madea Wrote:IMO transfers are high school students. If this thread is about middle school transfers it should be on the middle school thread. I could care less where they go until they start high school. Once they play varsity in high school they either need to REALLY MOVE LEGITIMATELY or sit out. If they do one of these 2 things they deserve a chance to contribute and compete/earn playing time just like every other girl or boy.

Momma Madea, Ia musta disagreea.

If a kid transfers and the coach plays them up on varisty then it doesnt matter to parents what grade the kid is in, maybe to the khsaa but to parents that have daughters that are juniors and eigth graders get more playing time, it doesnt matter. It is a good way to weed out kids out of your program. Some schools are so political that they weed out entire classes, and most of the time they never win the big one that matters.
Atticus Wrote:Transfers can help a team win games. But they don't always help a team win championships. Case in point, Scot Co. boys.

:Thumbs:

Thumbs Up!
Boyd Co has had 5 transfers come through the school in the last 2 years and it hasn't help them.
thumbsdown Wrote:Boyd Co has had 5 transfers come through the school in the last 2 years and it hasn't help them.

Wow, I didn't know that they had that many come through.
thumbsdown Wrote:Boyd Co has had 5 transfers come through the school in the last 2 years and it hasn't help them.

Well I get at least 3 dump trucks of junk each day, that doesn't mean I'm going to have a gem in one of them.
garbageman Wrote:Well I get at least 3 dump trucks of junk each day, that doesn't mean I'm going to have a gem in one of them.

This is yours :1: :thatsfunn
Dale Dunnette Wrote:Where is all of this leading to? Rose Hill's loss and Ashland's gain, transferrably speaking. If parents are unhappy then get your kid out of Dodge, so they can have an opportunity else where. No big deal to me. I wonder what Skip Pass' take is on all of this?

IMPOSTER ALERT TongueoliceLig Keep trying maybe one will believe you.
down Goes Frazier !!!!!!!!!!! classic
kybasketballfan Wrote:IMPOSTER ALERT TongueoliceLig Keep trying maybe one will believe you.

You accuse and assume and asperate that everyone on here is an IMPOSTER.
You should be nicer to people on here, maybe it would help you sleep better instead of getting up at 3 AM and faking a :flush: restroom trip just so you can log on to read the latest.

Man if i'm up at 3am the foreman grill is getting turned on and a big old honken sandwich is being made.
downgoesfrazier Wrote:Man if i'm up at 3am the foreman grill is getting turned on and a big old honken sandwich is being made.

Chicken or Cow is fine with me but please no F.I.S.H.
Anything Maroon may be grilled to a toasty crisp burnt flavor!

Now I will say this about my Lady Vikings, 2 years ago we got a transfer and she helped us immediately and the team welcomed her with no regrets. If girls at the two implied schools are unhappy about their playing time then there are 3 options:
1. Quit
2. Stay, work hard, work smart and pray the situation changes.
3. Go to another school.
I tell you one thing, if what I heard comes through the general assembly this year it will change everything. What I'm hearing is that coming very soon is that you will be eligible where you start the school year at, reguardless of what grade you are at or if you played a varsity sport or not.
downgoesfrazier Wrote:I tell you one thing, if what I heard comes through the general assembly this year it will change everything. What I'm hearing is that coming very soon is that you will be eligible where you start the school year at, reguardless of what grade you are at or if you played a varsity sport or not.

I have never heard this before. I hope it is true.
I have heard this before and nothing has come of it.
downgoesfrazier Wrote:I tell you one thing, if what I heard comes through the general assembly this year it will change everything. What I'm hearing is that coming very soon is that you will be eligible where you start the school year at, reguardless of what grade you are at or if you played a varsity sport or not.

If this is true then look out, there will be many leave the promise land for a greener oasis and I of course will have to change my name to Doris Stillopen!
There are other reasons that kids transfer than just playing time. By the way, name me one school in the Ashland area that hasnt had any transfers in the last 5 years.
Frank Abagnale Wrote:There are other reasons that kids transfer than just playing time. By the way, name me one school in the Ashland area that hasnt had any transfers in the last 5 years.

Transfer always help a program IMO.
RoyalBlues Wrote:Transfer always help a program IMO.

The ones transferring in or the ones transferring out?:biggrin: