Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how good is Shelby Valley?!?
Shelby Valley could possibly be the best team come through the 15th region since 2000-2001. They have more heart than anyone i seen this year. They go out 100% every game. These boys really can play. They are a very smart ball club. I think they have the athletics, smarts, potential, and talent to be Sweet 16 State Champs! GO VALLEY! :1:
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Shelby Valley could possibly be the best team come through the 15th region since 2000-2001. They have more heart than anyone i seen this year. They go out 100% every game. These boys really can play. They are a very smart ball club. I think they have the athletics, smarts, potential, and talent to be Sweet 16 State Champs! GO VALLEY! :1:

i agree. but they are going to have to play there best ball of the season. and i think if they play like they did against elliot county but only shoot free throws better then they have a really good shot at being the 2008-2009 kentucky state champs.
SwildcatV Wrote:i agree. but they are going to have to play there best ball of the season. and i think if they play like they did against elliot county but only shoot free throws better then they have a really good shot at being the 2008-2009 kentucky state champs.

Valley is GOOD, But lots of people are really putting big time pressure on them.
Several articles have been written and several blogs and forums have given them the "unbeatable" label in the 15th region tournament. Thats tough on 15-18 year old kids. They read this stuff I'm sure. I'm not saying they wont win the 15th region or maybe even the state tournament, but the games are played one at a time and you have to win the first one and go from there.
another Valley thread what are the odds ?
I hope they go to State and win!
If they go to state, I hope they win just I as I would hope for any team from EKY, but seriously stop handing them the trophies before the games are played. Yes it is likely they will go to state, but they wont if they play with the attitudes some fans have on here. you cant win thinking all you have to do is show up. They will still have to put effort in to every game or they could lose event tonight.
I have talked to the players, not about the games coming up. I have been told by more than one of them that they hope every team they go up against brings their best game. I replied that they better expect everyones best game from now on. I was told that they hope others play the best game they can play, because Valley is bringing their best game. The wont overlook anyone.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
When is it considered abuse when you keep beating a dead horse???
The King Wrote:When is it considered abuse when you keep beating a dead horse???

Good post. :Thumbs:

This horse hasn't just been beaten, it's been thrashed severely.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SwildcatV Wrote:i agree. but they are going to have to play there best ball of the season. and i think if they play like they did against elliot county but only shoot free throws better then they have a really good shot at being the 2008-2009 kentucky state champs.

They will foul out in first half.:Clap:
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I have talked to the players, not about the games coming up. I have been told by more than one of them that they hope every team they go up against brings their best game. I replied that they better expect everyones best game from now on. I was told that they hope others play the best game they can play, because Valley is bringing their best game. The wont overlook anyone.

Oh, I feel much better just knowing that you have talked with the players. I know now that they can't lose! Valley just may be the best team ever!!:eyeroll:
zulu Wrote:Oh, I feel much better just knowing that you have talked with the players. I know now that they can't lose! Valley just may be the best team ever!!:eyeroll:

Preach on brother! Are the other teams in the state aware of this???? I can see where there is now a legitimate arguement to not even have a State tournament. Just hand the trophy over to Valley! OH WAIT! They have only played ONE RANKED TEAM ALL YEAR! Maybe the Valley faithful need to tone it down just a smidge. Nothing wrong with backing your boys, they are indeed good, just put down the kool-aid and take off the glasses.
good...haha
zulu Wrote:Oh, I feel much better just knowing that you have talked with the players. I know now that they can't lose! Valley just may be the best team ever!!:eyeroll:

letthebighogroot Wrote:Preach on brother! Are the other teams in the state aware of this???? I can see where there is now a legitimate arguement to not even have a State tournament. Just hand the trophy over to Valley! OH WAIT! They have only played ONE RANKED TEAM ALL YEAR! Maybe the Valley faithful need to tone it down just a smidge. Nothing wrong with backing your boys, they are indeed good, just put down the kool-aid and take off the glasses.
Geez, cant you all just read things for what they are. It was posted earlier that someone hoped Valley doesnt over look teams. An letthebighogroot, since you want to keep bring up that point, can you remind us which ONE RANKED TEAM Valley beat?

Why dont you two answer this, what game is Elliott taking lightly? Any of them? If not, maybe they should be two tropheys because neither team will lose right?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.

letthebighogroot Wrote:Preach on brother! Are the other teams in the state aware of this???? I can see where there is now a legitimate arguement to not even have a State tournament. Just hand the trophy over to Valley! OH WAIT! They have only played ONE RANKED TEAM ALL YEAR! Maybe the Valley faithful need to tone it down just a smidge. Nothing wrong with backing your boys, they are indeed good, just put down the kool-aid and take off the glasses.

What is up with you two? Did you all even read BBOF's post? All he said is that the SV players were expecting everyone's best game, and then BBOF stated that he doesn't think SV will overlook anyone. A valid point, since most assume that the only way they lose prior to the state tournament is if they do overlook someone.

I don't see anywhere in the post that he said Valley can't lose, is the best team ever, or that there shouldn't even be a state tournament.

I admit that this thread is severely beating a dead horse, but you guys are putting words in BBOF's mouth, so to speak.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hopefully this is there year..GO Valley
More Cowbell Wrote:What is up with you two? Did you all even read BBOF's post? All he said is that the SV players were expecting everyone's best game, and then BBOF stated that he doesn't think SV will overlook anyone. A valid point, since most assume that the only way they lose prior to the state tournament is if they do overlook someone.

I don't see anywhere in the post that he said Valley can't lose, is the best team ever, or that there shouldn't even be a state tournament.

I admit that this thread is severely beating a dead horse, but you guys are putting words in BBOF's mouth, so to speak.
Dont talk about beating a dead horse, that is about how I feel tonight.
Valley should do pretty good down state might even win their first sweet 16 game, this is the team to do it if its going to be done
We Are Very Proud Of Our Boys And Are Behind Them All The Way....and For Fulu And The Big Hog-root, Chill Out.......third Place Isn't All That Bad.
Shelby Valley has done an excellent job at not playing "down" to the level of the opponents. There have been a few "flat" spells in games where play can get sloppy as is common when a more talented team plays an opponent with less talent. Overall they have done an excellent job at avoiding trap games where a letdown would result in an upset.

Lets hopefully see some great semifinal games and a fantastic final where everyone can then join behind the regional rep as they make run to state...

GO 15th!
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Shelby Valley could possibly be the best team come through the 15th region since 2000-2001. They have more heart than anyone i seen this year. They go out 100% every game. These boys really can play. They are a very smart ball club. I think they have the athletics, smarts, potential, and talent to be Sweet 16 State Champs! GO VALLEY! :1:

haha they didnt go 100 percent agianst belfry... they tryed to do a backwards alley-oop but they were wining by 30 so...
They're good enough, i'd say!
for a state title this year. I have more faith in Elisha and Ashley than I probably should, but that entire team is a machine built for success.

Good luck, SV!
Valley won't win state period, and you can mark that down.
Not impressed by them, but they are the best in the 15th.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Shelby Valley's run will end if and when they meet up with Elliott. I'm sorry if I upset the good members of this board but that is the way it is. Take it to the bank.

If I am wrong as always I will take my crow well done.:biggrin:
If Shelby makes it out of the 15th, I personally think they will run into a buzzsaw when they play the winner of the 10th.

i agree, go shelby! TongueirateSho
Alot of Doubters. prove em wrong Valley
kybaseball Wrote:Shelby Valley's run will end if and when they meet up with Elliott. I'm sorry if I upset the good members of this board but that is the way it is. Take it to the bank.

If I am wrong as always I will take my crow well done.:biggrin:

I JUST HOPE THAT IF THIS GAME HAPPENS........EC CAN "GET UP FOR IT".ACCORDING TO THEIR FANS, THAT IS WHY THEY L O S T THE LAST TIME.
:please:
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Valley won't win state period, and you can mark that down.
Boy, way to go out on a limb with that prediction!