Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd Volleyball Senior Night
Senior night for the lady Radiers is tuesday 10/4/05. This team/ group of seniors have put South Floyd on the volleyball map. In four years this six have won 67 games and lost 32 for a .676 winning %. they have Won 2 spikefest, 1 septemberfest, been runner-up in the conference two years in a row and have made the region (something that used to be unheard of for the raiders). Leslie Holbrook has missed (not started) in one game her whole career as the setter (over 600 career assist).
This is a special bunch because they have played with broken legs, knee problems, kidney stones, broken figures, personal situations and getting no reconition from anyone but themselves and a select few (they know who they are). Even with all this they never asked why and how come I am not starting or playing they practiced hard and always gave 110% and thats why they have made it to tuesday night and why I will miss watching them play and they have a special place in my heart.
Comgrats girls hope you have a great senior night
way to go girls.
Holbrook is a helluva player
It has been a pleasure and a honor to watch these young ladies grow as volleyball players, and more important, as people. They have had to overcome a lot of adversity, and have done it for the most part with no complaints. Congratulations to all these young ladies. You will be missed! :Sad04:
They must be a rough bunch to play with broken figures. :Hammer3: Cool
You're a crafty one Bomber.
Congrats to the girls, they play hard and to the best of their ability. I would've went to the game if it hadn't have been for my broken leg...that keeps me inside alot due to the hassle of going anywhere.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:They must be a rough bunch to play with broken figures. :Hammer3: Cool

Better yet they played with broken legs...lol....

Congrats Seniors, hope your career was everything you wanted it to be
"BallaBaby" Wrote:Better yet they played with broken legs...lol....

Congrats Seniors, hope your career was everything you wanted it to be

Broken legs...hmm...well they are way better than I thought...I have a broke leg and can barely walk much less serve, spike and sprawl....if they can do that then all I can say is someone needs to start signing them up for the Olympics or something.
Congrats seniors..
who played with a broken leg?
I KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT THAT ONE GIRL PLAYED ON A BROKEN BONE IN HER LEG LAST YEAR. WASN'T KNOWN TO A LOT OF PEOPLE, BECAUSE SHE IS THAT KIND OF A SPECIAL YOUNG LADY. THESE ARE A SPECIAL GROUP OF YOUNG LADIES THAT HAVE REFUSED TO LET ANY OBSTACLES STAND IN THEIR WAY OF THEIR GOALS. CONGRATS TO ALMOST HAVING A "PERFECT GAME" LAST NIGHT. THE SCORE WAS 25-2. :worthy:
Congrats SFHS volleyball team on ur win last night......i wish all the seniors the best of luck
"RANDALL FLAG" Wrote:I KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT THAT ONE GIRL PLAYED ON A BROKEN BONE IN HER LEG LAST YEAR. WASN'T KNOWN TO A LOT OF PEOPLE, BECAUSE SHE IS THAT KIND OF A SPECIAL YOUNG LADY. THESE ARE A SPECIAL GROUP OF YOUNG LADIES THAT HAVE REFUSED TO LET ANY OBSTACLES STAND IN THEIR WAY OF THEIR GOALS. CONGRATS TO ALMOST HAVING A "PERFECT GAME" LAST NIGHT. THE SCORE WAS 25-2. :worthy:

I heard she had a fracture, but I really don't think you could play volleyball on a complete break! Usually when you have a broken bone in your leg your not even suppose to put pressure on it, the girl wasn't even in a cast so I seriously doubt it was a complete break.
I think it was a stress fracture or something of that sort...not a complete break I don't think because I don't remember her being in a cast and when you break your leg you're usually in a cast for 6-8 weeks.
You would know wouldn't you DTfan..lol..Well actually you crushed the tips of your two bones in you leg...
But it's still a break...
I know, I was just saying crushed sounds a lil worse..lol..
Lol yea it does....
I would know as well the x-rays are in the coaches office and it was broke. She would not let them put a cast on it and played then sat out for a couple of weeks. DTFAN you know who it is and you also know its true (i would be ashamed to say other wise). Also know the #5 played two games with a broke fingure. Congrats to the Raiders and good luck in the district.
I know her MOM IT WAS clean break of a non weight bearing bone below the knee
Ok, now I believe that it was a non weight bearing bone, it still seems a little hard to believe but I'll take your word for it. You can play sports with a broke finger, I've done it before just as many players have. (DTfan never did say it WASN'T a clean break, just said she THOUGHT it was a stress fracture. I would be ashamed to try and mix someones words around)
"BallaBaby" Wrote:Ok, now I believe that it was a non weight bearing bone, it still seems a little hard to believe but I'll take your word for it. You can play sports with a broke finger, I've done it before just as many players have. (DTfan never did say it WASN'T a clean break, just said she THOUGHT it was a stress fracture. I would be ashamed to try and mix someones words around)
littlej I never once said that it wasn't true...All I said was that I thought that it was a stress fracture or something because I have never heard of someone having a broke bone and not getting a cast or playing on it...seems to me that it wouldn't heal back right or even in place but I don't know I was never told anything for sure. I was left out of alot and it got to where I didn't care because what good was I to the team if I never got a chance...that's why I quit I had better things to waste my time on. I was going by what I was told with my break, I'm non-weight bearing not because the bones are crushed but simply because of the break, I had surgery to fix the crushed part. I also never said that #5 didn't play with broke fingers...I know she did...she's a tough girl, they all are but check your first post...you said FIGURES...so before you go and get mad and accuse other people of saying that stuff isn't true first make sure they actually said it wasn't true instead of saying what they thought it...you accused me of saying that she didnt break it when I just said that I thought it was a fracture...neither of the girls are people I talk to on a daily basis...only when I have to therefore I don't know squat about them or what injuries they have...and also next time your posting something make sure what your trying to say is spelled right if not you'll end up with broken figures instead of broken fingers...
Too much nit picking by all involved.
I see bitterness on some peoples part, any one who plays for the love of the game and the desire to win will play thru injuries, this should be commended, especially in this day and time where kids often miss practice due to a headache or even a simple tummy ache.

Congratulations to all the Seniors out there who put in the long hours. They deserve a pat on the back.
I agree with Doc. I have seen kid's cry about playing time and quit but leading up to that they miss a week of practice to take their car to get fixed, mom and dad say they can not come (then wonder why they are not playing) headache's, tummy aches then wonder why? Sounds like 2 posters on here are jealous of the sucess of the raiders volleyball team. I was there on senior night because Valley played them and I hope our program can get to where their's is. I also saw 16 girls in uniforms and not having a problem with sitting and watching, The coaching staff from what I saw and heard that night puts in the time and treats them all the same according to the parents that night. Congrats Raiders and Good luck.
I Agree with Doc. I see nit pickin and some bitterness exhibited in some of the posts. Sort of went away from the original intent, which was to congratulate a group of young ladies for their hard work and dedication. Great win by the RAIDERS on Wed night. Keep up the good work. :Thumbs:
You're right, there is nit picking and bitterness by ALL. As for the jealous part, I could care less, I have nothing to be jealous of, I've been a part of many successful teams in my years of playing sports! I'm just simply stating my opinion that I really don't see how someone could play sports with a broken leg, but anway. Congrats to all the girls, lets keep the topic on the raiders from here on out, I think we've all gotten off topic :thumb:
Bbaby trust me i have seen people play on a broken leg and worse.
I had the honor of playing with a couple who did it, one had a broken ankle the others Arm was broken. And if you ask QQ im sure he will share a story or two about a guy he played with that dislocated both shoulders and set out 2 plays of a football game.
It happens that The player in question's fibula was broken not fractured. The injury was not found until 2 weeks after it had been broke this is why it was not placed in a cast. The sports world often has people who rise to the occaision Mick Foley. Willis Reed, and Ronnie Lott come to mind.
"DTfan" Wrote:Congrats to the girls, they play hard and to the best of their ability. I would've went to the game if it hadn't have been for my broken leg...that keeps me inside alot due to the hassle of going anywhere.
Im sure they would have liked to have you there.........the whole year!

Congrats to the seniors