Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrison Collins (JBS)
now not to give nothing away, but i spoke with a few people today and the rumor is he spoke with the marquette coaching staff about maybe walking on or quiet possibly a scholarship. not 100% sure, but almost. thoughts?
Garrison getting a scholly to Marquette, I don't see that one. Good luck to him though.
6'10. pretty good player. i can see it.
I don't know about this one although he is a good ball player.
That league is very up tempo and I don't see where he would fit in to that equation. He would be more of a Big 10 player, the slow down, set up offense type game, (Tubby Smith style). But, you can't teach 6'10", smart, good hands, and good around the basket, good luck to him.
garrison is a good player and he is big but i can't really see him at marquette. i see him possibly at morehead or murray state and maybe playing.
Not taking anything away from Collins, I'm sure he is a great kid. However, he is 6'10 playing in the 14th region and averaged under 10 points and and under 6 boards per game. Those numbers make it hard to imagine he could play for a top 15 university in a league where he would face the likes of Thabeet, Samuels, and Monroe.. Who knows, he could end up being the next Jared Carter though. Let's be serious, Eastern is probably a more likely fit, and that it pushing it.
all i have to say is wow, you people have to be trying to make a joke right now. If you believe this with any ounce in your body then you should never post on a basketball thread againTongueirateSho :lmao:
roundball_legend Wrote:Not taking anything away from Collins, I'm sure he is a great kid. However, he is 6'10 playing in the 14th region and averaged under 10 points and and under 6 boards per game. Those numbers make it hard to imagine he could play for a top 15 university in a league where he would face the likes of Thabeet, Samuels, and Monroe.. Who knows, he could end up being the next Jared Carter though. Let's be serious, Eastern is probably a more likely fit, and that it pushing it.

he could walk on at eku
Wow...
This is not true.
I was eating today in Hazard and heard people talking about this.. Well good luck if true.
Good Luck to Garrison!!!
This can not be true. He is very tall but come on, Hall is a better big man then him. Garrison is not even top 5 big man in the mountains. He not even the best in the region. If he is able to go play D-1 then Josh Taylor from Cordia last year can play for the Lakers. Taylor out played him in every matchup. No effense to Garrison, but he would make a nice addition to the ALC Eagles. He can not play D-1.
I don't think he can play in the Big East his skill level just is not that good!! I was told by a person really close to him it would be ALC.....
Good luck to Collins in what ever he chooses. IMO he did not get the opportunity to reach his potential due to his surroundings.
Plow Boy Wrote:Good luck to Collins in what ever he chooses. IMO he did not get the opportunity to reach his potential due to his surroundings.

I totally agree. He just needs someone to work with him.I don't think he can play big east ball but he would be a great project for a mid major if he is willing to WORK HARD. GOOD LUCK GARRISON :Cheerlead
I wish anyone from the mountains the best at the next level!! Good luck to Garrison, I hope you make it no matter where you go!!
lil dog Wrote:I totally agree. He just needs someone to work with him.I don't think he can play big east ball but he would be a great project for a mid major if he is willing to WORK HARD. GOOD LUCK GARRISON :Cheerlead

people have tried to work with him for years. he doesn't really like basketball that much and to be quite honest he didn't even know marquette was a school
Im pretty sure there is no truth is this what so all.Sounds to me someone just trying to stir up a few things but Good luck to the big guy whatever he does in life!
MVP2 Wrote:Im pretty sure there is no truth is this what so all.Sounds to me someone just trying to stir up a few things but Good luck to the big guy whatever he does in life!

AGREED...
I'm going to close this until more information comes forward. I don't believe this for a minute.