Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate Breathitt County
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Channing received letters from three colleges today-Dartmouth, Louisville, and Illinois. He also sent a highlight video to another coach that is interested.
That's awesome. I would love to see him in the Big Ten.
The sky is the limit for this kid. Glade to see a mountian kid get so much attention.
Congrats Channing on recieving letters from all these schools. He deserves everything he gets. I would love to see him playing in the SEC.
And people said that he wasnt good enough to play for a good D-1 school. Guess he has proven you wrong already.....
The Iceboxx Wrote:Best in the mountains. Yes last season he was, but all time, that is stupid.

I really hope that Channing Fugate is one of these crazed BHS fans, because that would mean he wants to play in college football more than any person in history, and has the most self-interest swagger of all time.

IMO, and this is my personal opinion on this matter.

!!!! Channing Fugate has the potential to play in college football, but not at RB, there is no chance. At another position yes! TE, DE, ILB he would fit the needs of many team. With his large frame and above average skill set.

Please dont get caught up in the numbers. Even if he brakes SH rushing record, he will never be Shawn Alexander.

Mountain Runners who put up huge numbers and never really made it big.

Doug Howard-Belfry-much faster than CF, but not the size
Dustin May-Belfry-Same body, probably stronger, but slower.
Shawn Grimm-JC-Record breaking number, but tiny back
Josh Gross-Russell
Kasey Clark-Russell
Shawn Robbins-Bell Co
Kelvin Turner-Danville
Lee Renfro-Pul. SW.-plays at OU, but not as RB
Wayne Stevens-Rowan Co.
Micheal West-Lawrence Co

Stats mean nothing. If he wants to go to college he needs a RB coach, He runs to high, he needs a lot of plyo work, he has to change direction better.

He seems to work hard, by the way he runs. Thats something you cant coach, so thats in his favor
Tell that to the BIG EAST school that made an official offer Friday as a RB.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Tell that to the BIG EAST school that made an official offer Friday as a RB.

What Big East school made an offer?
king360 Wrote:Not gonna happen...FB or LB at a small D-1..theres just to many good players across the Nation for Channing to be one of the top
You got proved wrong.He got an offer as a RB Friday.Shows what you and everyone else knows.
Who offered it to him?
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Tell that to the BIG EAST school that made an official offer Friday as a RB.

My bad.I meant to say the BIG TEN.Had LOSERVILLE on my mind.:HitWall:
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:My bad.I meant to say the BIG TEN.Had LOSERVILLE on my mind.:HitWall:

What school was it is if you supposedly know?
Spoke to Channing myself on Saturday. He has no offers. He is doing the Junior Day circuit where he (among others) are still being evaluated. He prefers to go to Boise State but hasn't even sent a tape in yet. He is doing that this week.
There was a very good QB from Breathitt County who sent a tape to Boise State one day late and in that time they already had signed another, qb. I hope C.F. gets on top of getting the films out.
From what I know Channing wants to go play on the blue turf of Bosie State.
Yeah thats where Channing is dieing to go. He wants to play at Boise State so bad
Yeah the blue turf is pretty sweet. Im just glade to see him getting all this attention.
Channing I love you so much you make me love the game that much better.
hs athletics fan Wrote:What school was it is if you supposedly know?

Narrow it down yourself.Big 10.I'm not going to say on here but if you won't post it pm me and I'll tell you if your nice.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Spoke to Channing myself on Saturday. He has no offers. He is doing the Junior Day circuit where he (among others) are still being evaluated. He prefers to go to Boise State but hasn't even sent a tape in yet. He is doing that this week.
OK maybe he doesn't want everyone to know or something but I'm telling you he did.Your from Corbin.Where did you talk to him?UK because thats where he went Saturday.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:There was a very good QB from Breathitt County who sent a tape to Boise State one day late and in that time they already had signed another, qb. I hope C.F. gets on top of getting the films out.
They offered him a gray shirt anyway but WKU offered a full ride and a chance to start which he did all 4 years.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:OK maybe he doesn't want everyone to know or something but I'm telling you he did.Your from Corbin.Where did you talk to him?UK because thats where he went Saturday.

I was at the UK Junior Day Prospect camp and I asked him if he had any offers yet and he said not yet. His mom, dad and brother were with him. He said he really wanted to go to Boise State and he was sending a tape this week. I hope he gets to go where he wants to go.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:They offered him a gray shirt anyway but WKU offered a full ride and a chance to start which he did all 4 years.
I remember it like it was yesterday and think the young QB made the correct choice.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Narrow it down yourself.Big 10.I'm not going to say on here but if you won't post it pm me and I'll tell you if your nice.

A friend of mine in Danville was telling me about an offer this kid got to play RB at a great Big Ten school. It's always good to see KY kids making a name for themselves. Just hope KY doesn't mess up and let another one get away.
eagle123 Wrote:A friend of mine in Danville was telling me about an offer this kid got to play RB at a great Big Ten school. It's always good to see KY kids making a name for themselves. Just hope KY doesn't mess up and let another one get away.

UK really should take a good look at him he really wants play locally but hey he has told me that he would love to play on Blue Carpet,but its a long way away,and i am tell ing you he will do well at any school, they get a kid with good grades and player that loves to play the game,UK should get on board(show some intrest) quick and help out an ole Kentucky boy that can play many positions,Running back,full back,and linebacker or even an defensive end.Smile
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I remember it like it was yesterday and think the young QB made the correct choice.

Yes, he did he(Justin) is now helping coach his younger brother (Jade Qb/Db)and the Fugate kid,some day he will make a great head coach cause he loves the game and kids relate well with him and knows game inside and out.If i am not mistaken they both will be going to Louisville Sat.March 7th for Jr Day also.Plenty are wanting them to come visit their campus and see their football operation,just maybe they will get a chance to play at next level so all can see them perform..Good Luck Bobcats players Jade and Channing..
I am all for UK pursuing Fugate. There is no doubt in my mind he is a D-1 one talent (just not as a SEC HB). UK desperately needs depth at three positions I could see Fugate potentially contributing at: MLB/ILB (Natural Fit), DE (he would need to redshirt and add size and learn the position), and Safety (he will need to Redshirt to learn the position and also trim down size and improve speed/agility).
i say bosie state
channing is jus simply a forest gump type of player
I hope Channing plays somewhere locally. I can't imagine why he would want to go to Idaho. I would love to see him play in a sec school or a big east. Channing make your own decision. Your the only one that knows whats best for you.
OK to call him the best playin in the mountains of all time is ridiculous he wont be the best in school history but neways good athlete but he lacks the D-1 speed at running back but could play on the defensive end maybe
the 1 the only Wrote:OK to call him the best playin in the mountains of all time is ridiculous he wont be the best in school history but neways good athlete but he lacks the D-1 speed at running back but could play on the defensive end maybe

Like I said he has already been offered as a RB at a Big 10 school just last week.