Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Co. 2009
Could be a long season for the Cardinals as they lose just about all their offensive starters including Macon and Thomas. They underacheived last season with the talent they had going 8-4, losing big every time they played a descent (Monroe, Green, and Estill) team with the exception of the Somerset upset.....In the four games against the top teams on their schedule, they went 1-3 getting outscored 60.50-26.25...I still think they will be better than Jackson County or Casey County and make the playoffs as a four seed, but they are closer to Casey and Jackson than last season as far as team strength.....If they are the fourth seed, do they play Breathitt in round one of the 2009 playoffs if Breathitt is the number one seed? Are the district pairing the same as in 2008 as far as the playoffs are concerned?

The last I had heard TC was going to pick up Adair County, Marion County, and Larue County or replace Hart County, Caverna, and Monroe County.....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Losing Macon really hurts this team as he was one of the more talented players in the state.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Losing Macon really hurts this team as he was one of the more talented players in the state.
I can attest that Thomas was the star.
I dont think you can put Macon in the top players of the state!!! I really didnt see that much from him!
Taylor is working hard in the off season they might prove everyone wrong next year with another winning season.
Most of TC sucess this season will have to do with who they play. There district isn't very strong but I don't see them beating Somerset or Wayne Co. No way they can beat Green or Monroe Co., and cville should beat them as well. So in a 5-5 record is BEST case for TC
TC Card Wrote:Taylor is working hard in the off season they might prove everyone wrong next year with another winning season.
TC has a lot of speed, but no size. The jump balls that saved them in the passing game will not be there with the loss of Macon, and the loss of Thomas, Coulter, and the other starters will be a major blow to this team's chances. The defense needs an overhaul, and it can only get better. If the district is weak as it was this year TC may be able to compete, but I look for them to be closer to a 4 seed rather than a 1 seed. TC has some good kids, but they are just too small and not physical enough to compete with the upper tier teams in the state.

Pigskinman53 Wrote:Most of TC sucess this season will have to do with who they play. There district isn't very strong but I don't see them beating Somerset or Wayne Co. No way they can beat Green or Monroe Co., and cville should beat them as well. So in a 5-5 record is BEST case for TC
Monroe lost many seniors and will not be as good as they were, but I agree with ya that TC will struggle against Green, especially if they do not fix that defense.

Will the district pairing be the same in 09? Will 3A district 5 play district 6 and so on?

We pick up Adair Marion and Washington. And drop caverna, hart and monroe
I would not count us out this is tc card by the way had to make a new account. We have some hard hitters I can tell you that much and yes are Defense HAS to get better. Apparently the D coordinator is doing things different next year lets hope.