Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53rd District 08-09
lil2coupe Wrote:And I couldn't guess you were a Jenkins fan?

Your absolutley right I am a Jenkins fan. I bleed GREEN!. But I don't think they are going to win every **** game. I was just defending the CAVS.
IMO Knott should be the favorite in this district. Letcher should be second but Jenkins a very very close 3rd. The 8 holdbacks everyone talks about so much is'nt gonna help Letcher as much as they think, beacuse if I am not mistaken didnt SMS beat those exact same girls in the Middle School tournament last year and them only having maybe 2 good players compared to those 8?? Thats just my opinion though.
Two holdbacks will be instrumental in the success of LCC: Haley Whitaker and Erica Meade. The others will not be as important this season. The weak points of LCC"s season last year was lack of depth and ball handling . These two girls will provide those needs.
LCC has alot of talent this year. I have even heard that the Baker girl is coming back out. If this is true, watch out 14th. She will just add on to the awesome talent that LCC has gained this year. One thing that is really getting on my nerves though is the talk about KCC. Yeah, they lost Mosley. Mosley isn't the only one on their team. She was one heck of a player but KCC has other talent too. They have Thomas which is recovered from an injury and when they played at Letcher it looked like she was just fine! They have King and Conley who can shoot the lights out. Also, Perkins and Terry who will bring the ball up the court. I'm not sure but I think Thomas is the tall girl that plays inside and when she posts up they can just give the ball to her.

My ratings
1. Lcc
2. Kcc
3.Jbs
4.Jenkins
5.Cordia
UKisN1 Wrote:LCC
KCC
Jenkins
JBS
Cordia

This looks about right. This LCC team has alot of young talent that is capable of winning right away. Things look promising on the hill at ermine for the ladies (all programs for that matter).
i think its to close to call
Well tonight Knott Central got beat by JBS. I don't know how this makes the rankings now..But LCC should for sure be #1. There is no way Jenkins should be in front of JBS. I mean i'm not saying anything bad about Jenkins but JBS has a good team this year.
I think the JBS Knott games proves that JBS is a big time contender for the 53rd title.
The way the game went last night between Knott and JBS, I would have to say that the rankings will look like this:
1. Letcher, JBS will split
3. Knott
4 Cordia, have improved a lot and have some young talent
5. Jenkins, with the way things are going over their it's not looking good for them.
UKisN1 Wrote:Two holdbacks will be instrumental in the success of LCC: Haley Whitaker and Erica Meade. The others will not be as important this season. The weak points of LCC"s season last year was lack of depth and ball handling . These two girls will provide those needs.

funny, i can barely remember these two girls during the ballgame while they're in.

The holdback with the most threat is Kellah Eldridge. Holding back done that girl good. She is a ball player.

As for the rest of the hold backs....it only hurt them. Waste of time , don't you think?
The 8th Grader Paige Slone Dominated Against Jenkins The Other Night, How Does Jenkins Get Put In front Of Them, If They Make Free Throws Its A 20 Point Game, Seriously.
untouchable13 Wrote:funny, i can barely remember these two girls during the ballgame while they're in.

The holdback with the most threat is Kellah Eldridge. Holding back done that girl good. She is a ball player.

As for the rest of the hold backs....it only hurt them. Waste of time , don't you think?
Kelah was a holdback in the 7th, the other two were for the 8th grade. I am talking about all aspects of the game. They can only answer that question.
KHSAA12 Wrote:The 8th Grader Paige Slone Dominated Against Jenkins The Other Night, How Does Jenkins Get Put In front Of Them, If They Make Free Throws Its A 20 Point Game, Seriously.

yes if jenkins made their free-throws they would have a better score and win more games.
ChairHit:
sorry but jenkins is a good team and they are aggressive. you can tell you haven't watched them recentley, they have improved ALOT on their free throws and their game all around. so that's why they are above:
How is Jenkins getting ranked over JBS and Cordia and they got only 1 win the whole season? Let's not talk about how they beat LCC last year in the district and talk about this year. I think that LCC is # 1 in the district because they one of the top 3 teams in the region. JBS #2 because they won ALL A region and have beaten KCC and have a good team themselves. Cordia and Knott Central at the 3 and 4 spot, Cordia has a better record but not a winning one while Knott Central hasn't been their old selves. Jenkins has won 1 game, last place, enough said. Just in case you wanted to know this is how the 53rd girls came out.

KCC/LCC winner plays JBS
Cordia/Jenkins
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:How is Jenkins getting ranked over JBS and Cordia and they got only 1 win the whole season? Let's not talk about how they beat LCC last year in the district and talk about this year. I think that LCC is # 1 in the district because they one of the top 3 teams in the region. JBS #2 because they won ALL A region and have beaten KCC and have a good team themselves. Cordia and Knott Central at the 3 and 4 spot, Cordia has a better record but not a winning one while Knott Central hasn't been their old selves. Jenkins has won 1 game, last place, enough said. Just in case you wanted to know this is how the 53rd girls came out.

KCC/LCC winner plays JBS
Cordia/Jenkins

Man i cant wait till tuesday night when Jenkins drops ya'lls jaws. They have only won 1 game, SO WHAT? The games that matter are the ones coming up in the district tournament next week. Jenkins has improved ALOT through out this season. They WILL be the most aggrassive team in the 53rd district tournament and i personally feel sorry for the team who tries to get in the way of that. Jenkins has talent and they will be on top of their game, you wait and see.

i personally want to know how LCC is ranked over Breathitt County in Region.
Yea, they may have a better record than breathitt but breathitt has beat LCC twice. And the only reason for LCC to have a better record than breathitt is because unlike LCC, Breathitt finds and plays GOOD teams. And they only improve when they play these good teams even if they lose. I would rather be like breathitt and work hard and lose to really good teams, than to be like LCC and pick games that i know i can win. If LCC makes it to region they will lose to Breathitt.
How is everyone putting Jenkins ahead of everyone while they have the worst record in the entire 14th region last I checked. These people must be ranking the teams by their heart instead of the facts. LOL
A little confused here about how this is even a question. LCC is undefeated in this district.They have the following stas:

Beat Jenkins
12-18-08 64-14
1-9-09 71-36
2-6-09 72.32

Beat Knott
1-24-09 58-19
2-12-09 70-34

Beat JBS
12-20-08 70-57
1-15-09 76-48

My rankings are
1. No question LCC (and yes I am a fan, but statistics aren't biased)
2/3. Toss up with Knott and JBS
4. Cordia
5. Jenkins ( I cheer for them when LCC is not playing, but they are struggling this year, sorry guys, but I am hopeful your new coach will turn things around in the future. Best of Luck!!!)
:popcorn:
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:How is everyone putting Jenkins ahead of everyone while they have the worst record in the entire 14th region last I checked. These people must be ranking the teams by their heart instead of the facts. LOL

listen here.......those games AREN'T THE ONES THAT MATTER:ChairHit:
jenkins is a very strong team...and if you actually sat and watched them you would see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! their record last year only had three wins counting the district win against LCC, and they went to region! records aren't what matter buddy, what matters is how you play, if you play for 32 min. you will win the game, and that has nothing to do with a record. just because they have lost all of their games except for two doesn't have anything to do with winning district does it? i have watched those girls play their heart out on the floor and leave with no regrets that is what matters. i'm sick and tired of people putting down jenkins because of their record. so what!!!!!!
they are going to show you wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People that talk trash on here disgust me. Jenkins is a powerhouse when they play ball. In my opinion and many others they are the best team in the 53rd. All the teams in the 53rd are watching out for Jenkins because they know what they can do. They know what happened last year when Jenkins jacked LCC's jaw. And beat them to advance to region. So you people just wait and see tuesday what Jenkins has to offer.
thank you -cool fan- for cheering for the lady cavs and thank you for your hope in the new coach.

thank you balla 03 and sherman14 for standing strong for the cavaliers.

GOOD LUCK JENKINS LADY CAVALIERS TUESDAY NIGHT (and the boys monday)
PLAY WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SHOW THE REST OF THESE TRASH TALKERS HOW TO PLAY A GAME OF BASKETBALL. MAY THE GAMES BEGIN.
Good luck to all.
untouchable13 Wrote:Man i cant wait till tuesday night when Jenkins drops ya'lls jaws. They have only won 1 game, SO WHAT? The games that matter are the ones coming up in the district tournament next week. Jenkins has improved ALOT through out this season. They WILL be the most aggrassive team in the 53rd district tournament and i personally feel sorry for the team who tries to get in the way of that. Jenkins has talent and they will be on top of their game, you wait and see.

i personally want to know how LCC is ranked over Breathitt County in Region.
Yea, they may have a better record than breathitt but breathitt has beat LCC twice. And the only reason for LCC to have a better record than breathitt is because unlike LCC, Breathitt finds and plays GOOD teams. And they only improve when they play these good teams even if they lose. I would rather be like breathitt and work hard and lose to really good teams, than to be like LCC and pick games that i know i can win. If LCC makes it to region they will lose to Breathitt.

I agree with you young Jenkins player that the district games matter most. I seen Jenkins play and the only aggression they have is when they hack other teams. They got like 20 players and other teams are shooting the bonus at the 5 minute mark in the 1st quarter. If Jenkins wins it will truly be an amazing feat like last year. And if you want to know how LCC is ahead of Breathitt its because of the record. LCC played more games but they been beat by Breathitt everytime this year and Breathitt hasnt lost to a 14th Region opponent in 50 games.
balla_03 Wrote:listen here.......those games AREN'T THE ONES THAT MATTER:ChairHit:
jenkins is a very strong team...and if you actually sat and watched them you would see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! their record last year only had three wins counting the district win against LCC, and they went to region! records aren't what matter buddy, what matters is how you play, if you play for 32 min. you will win the game, and that has nothing to do with a record. just because they have lost all of their games except for two doesn't have anything to do with winning district does it? i have watched those girls play their heart out on the floor and leave with no regrets that is what matters. i'm sick and tired of people putting down jenkins because of their record. so what!!!!!!
they are going to show you wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:HitWall:

LOL. Whats their game plan. Steal or Foul. They dont have a dominant player, no dominating scorer or defender. I will give Jenkins credit though, they are better than their boys.
1. LCC (7-0 in District) - How can they not be the top team
2. JBS (have beaten the bottom 3)
3. Cordia (11-8 in the region)
4. KCC (7-6 in the region)
5. Jenkins (winless in Dsitrict)
Stardust Wrote:1. LCC (7-0 in District) - How can they not be the top team

LCC is a given #1. JBS Is probably the best #2. Now as for Cordia being #3. So they have a better region record but who have they played? Other than JBS that is any good in the region? I' m sure Knott Central would have a 11-8 record in the region if they played Jackson City twice, Riverside, Wolfe County twice, Buckhorn twice, Lee County and so on. The only teams they have played in the region that are any good are Breathitt, JBS, Perry, Leslie, and Owlsey County. Losing to them all. Where as Knott Central has played Perry twice, Letcher twice, Breathitt, JBS, and Leslie twice and Powell County. If Cordia would play a schedule as demanding as what Knott Central or Letcher Central has played and come out with that record I would give them the #3 spot. Until then they will always be #4 because they haven't beaten any quality teams.
jump_shot5 Wrote:LCC is a given #1. JBS Is probably the best #2. Now as for Cordia being #3. So they have a better region record but who have they played? Other than JBS that is any good in the region? I' m sure Knott Central would have a 11-8 record in the region if they played Jackson City twice, Riverside, Wolfe County twice, Buckhorn twice, Lee County and so on. The only teams they have played in the region that are any good are Breathitt, JBS, Perry, Leslie, and Owlsey County. Losing to them all. Where as Knott Central has played Perry twice, Letcher twice, Breathitt, JBS, and Leslie twice and Powell County. If Cordia would play a schedule as demanding as what Knott Central or Letcher Central has played and come out with that record I would give them the #3 spot. Until then they will always be #4 because they haven't beaten any quality teams.

I agree with you on most of what you say. The thing that gets me though, KCC are getting destroyed by the better competition when they do come across it and havent really beaten that many good teams. They beat PCC twice when PCC was at its best this year, and now they are basically done I heard. Harlan and Shelby Valley was probably their best wins. Other than that, their other wins was game they should've won.
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote::HitWall:

LOL. Whats their game plan. Steal or Foul. They dont have a dominant player, no dominating scorer or defender. I will give Jenkins credit though, they are better than their boys.

No dominant players????
Have you not met Nicole Revis?
Stardust Wrote:1. LCC (7-0 in District) - How can they not be the top team

I agree with this!
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:I agree with you on most of what you say. The thing that gets me though, KCC are getting destroyed by the better competition when they do come across it and havent really beaten that many good teams. They beat PCC twice when PCC was at its best this year, and now they are basically done I heard. Harlan and Shelby Valley was probably their best wins. Other than that, their other wins was game they should've won.

The teams in the region that has destroyed Knott Central is Breathitt, Leslie once and Letcher once. If Cordia would teams like that they wouldn't stand a chance either. The teams Cordia plays are like gradeschool teams thus making them look great with a good record. Knott Central has played quality teams and suffered some bad losses but it will only help them come tomorrow night. Where as Cordia has played the worst in the region to help their record look great and to make their "star" shine.
What is the Schedule for the District Tournament?