Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes 56 - Newport Catholic 44
Final in a very uninspring game by the Bulldogs.
Congrats Holmes
NC has been playing well and proved it tonight on the road but it wasn't enough.

Congrats Holmes!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:NC has been playing well and proved it tonight on the road but it wasn't enough.

Congrats Holmes!

very well said. NCC is very solid. Going into this game against a Holmes team coming off of a loss, it would have been easy to expect the Breds to get blown out. NCC more than played well.
^ I agree. Any loss is never a good one, but this most definitely wasn't a bad loss for NCC.
Newport Central Catholic 10 8 10 16 44

Holmes 20 9 17 10 56

Newport Central Catholic (13-9) -- Connor 10, Pangallo 8, J. Giesler 7, Gish 6, Olberding 5, Meyer 3, Schmidt 3, M. Giesler 2.
Holmes (24-2) -- Pittman 18, R. Johnson 12, Riley 8, J. Johnson 8, Housley 6, D. Johnson 4.
How much weight did Pittman actually lose since this past season?
Holmes is not playing very good at a very crucial point in the season. They better get things together or they may not even get to the Sweet 16.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:How much weight did Pittman actually lose since this past season?

He looks like he has dropped 10, which was a lot for him. He looks too lean, especially his legs. Last year he moved incredibly well, so I can't imagine he lost any weight on purpose. He is 6-6 (maybe even taller), but his weight is probably at 170 right now.
He should have gained 10 pounds instead of losing it. Would make him even harder to deal with.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Holmes is not playing very good at a very crucial point in the season. They better get things together or they may not even get to the Sweet 16.

I agree with this 100%. I think they will turn it on, but this is where I felt the thing that would hurt Holmes the most this year would be the graduation of Arriz Henderson. Henderson was the teams "coach on the floor". His leadership went beyond his ability, which was very good. You knew who was in charge. This is Pittman's team this year, but Riley is the guy who needs to step up and take charge. The teams that are the most successful have a PG that sets the tone. They may have more talent than any team in the state, but leadership is what hurts teams come March.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:He should have gained 10 pounds instead of losing it. Would make him even harder to deal with.

Absolutely. His game it to slash, but to be successful in college, he better be able to bang. There are not many teams that can match up a defender on him, but I would put a banger on him and just beat on him for 40 minutes. Let him beat me on the FT line. If he scores 50, it will be because he hit 40 freebies Big Grin
Congrats Holmes!