Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best Big Man in the 15th region?
Who does everyone think it is?
I think SV has the top two in Adams and Tackett
McClanahan from East Ridge and Parker from Johnson Central are both nice players...
I really don't see any standout big men in the 15th region.

The best is probably Deven Adams because of his size. I like the play of McClanahan of East Ridge and Cody Parker of Johnson Central as well.

Steven Patrick from Prestonsburg is another notable player. His length and shot-blocking ability makes him among the top of the region IMO.
IMO, these are the top big men in the 15th...

Devan Adams - Shelby Valley
Curby Tackett - Shelby Valley
Jacob McClanahan - East Ridge
Steven Patrick - Prestonsburg
Cody Parker - Johnson Central
How about Josh Head from Betsy Layne...
Ian Welch of JC is a multi sport athlete and is probably not thought of as a big man, but he can jump and rebound with the best in the region. He is a very tough competetor. Cody Parker could develop into one of the best the region ever turned out if he will continue to work.

I do agree there is probably not a big man in the 15th that could match up with some of the big men down state.
The King Wrote:How about Josh Head from Betsy Layne...

He is a decent big man, but nothing like the ones that have been mentioned already.

MonsterMan Wrote:Ian Welch of JC is a multi sport athlete and is probably not thought of as a big man, but he can jump and rebound with the best in the region. He is a very tough competetor. Cody Parker could develop into one of the best the region ever turned out if he will continue to work.

I do agree there is probably not a big man in the 15th that could match up with some of the big men down state.

I agree. I would consider Welch is a swing forward.
I would have to say Devan Adams and Taylor Newsome are at the Top of the Big Men's in the 15th Region.
Bengal4Life Wrote:I would have to say Devan Adams and Taylor Newsome are at the Top of the Big Men's in the 15th Region.

Totally forgot about Taylor.

He isn't as big as the others mentioned, but is one of heck of a banger down low who can rebound.
I think these are the Top Big Men in the 15th......

Deven Adams-SV
Mclanahan-ER
Parker-JC
Tackett-SV

and if you would consider Taylor Newsome a big man he is also on that list
I agree with those that added Taylor Newsome to the discussion.
Deven Adams
I like Deven Adams from SV, but there is a couple guys listed above I have not seen play.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO, these are the top big men in the 15th...

Devan Adams - Shelby Valley
Curby Tackett - Shelby Valley
Jacob McClanahan - East Ridge
Steven Patrick - Prestonsburg
Cody Parker - Johnson Central

Looks good to me!
MonsterMan Wrote:Cody Parker could develop into one of the best the region ever turned out if he will continue to work.

Those are some pretty big words...

MonsterMan Wrote:I do agree there is probably not a big man in the 15th that could match up with some of the big men down state.

Such as? Names please.
does sheldon clark have any good players this year??? just wondering cause im stuck in alabama and im unable to watch??? thanks
Jacob McClanahan.

To answer The King's statement to giving names:

Some of these guys aren't TRUE post players, but they definitely have some size, and I guess could be classified as "Big Men".
Darren Ballou 6'7 C- Adair County
Richie Phares 6'7 PF- Scott County
Jon Hood 6'6 SF- Madisonville North Hopkins
Leonard Macon 6'6 PF- Taylor County
Dakotah Euton 6'9 PF- Scott County
The Knipp kid from Elliot Co? Not sure on his first name, but he's around 6'6 or 6'7 at least.
thetribe Wrote:Jacob McClanahan.

He really struggled last night.
Belfry has Jeremy Maynard # 21
McClanahan is a good player, when he comes to play, but he is just a sophomore, so hes got 2 years left to more experienced,... but in my opinion ive seen no one better than tackett and adams from SV as the two of the best big men in the 15th
Let's see, we have Curby Tackett, Adams,Newsome listed. Is Hatfield

at 6ft 6 good enough to be on the list?
i think justin cline is the best big man in the region he is more mobile, tougher, and is prob the best shooter.
dortonite Wrote:Let's see, we have Curby Tackett, Adams,Newsome listed. Is Hatfield

at 6ft 6 good enough to be on the list?
Hatfield plays forward now, he is very very rarely put in a the position where he plays a big man/post role this year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Hatfield plays forward now, he is very very rarely put in a the position where he plays a big man/post role this year.

It has done wonders for his game too, he is a lot more versatile on the offensive side of the ball without having to guard a post player.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:He really struggled last night.

There wasn't a big Adams vs. McClanahan matchup last night which was disappointing.

Maybe this is the thread to ask, how many blocks does Deven have on the season?

Yes there was about 4 or 5 minutes worth. But not as much as I expected.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
If I was starting a team and had to pick a center it would be Adams. His presence in the middle doesn't show up on stat sheets. He needs to get a little meaner and more physical to reach his full potential. Next year it will be Taylor Newsome when he is moved to the center spot.
Imagine
Jody Tackett
Brandon Tackett
Devon adams on sf