Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryan Station's Philon signs with Louisville
http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/683588.html

Roy Philon was the most menacing figure in Lexington high school football last fall, whether he was pressuring the quarterback as a defensive end or bulldozing for short yardage as a fullback.

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound Bryan Station senior was obviously a big-time college prospect.

How big-time?

Oklahoma got very interested in him late in the recruiting process.

But Philon decided the best place for him was Louisville, and he signed with the Cardinals on Wednesday.

The chance to play close to home and possibly play as a freshman were factors, but Philon said the the main reason he chose Louisville was "the whole atmosphere — the coaches, the campus and my major. They've got a good engineering program."

Philon was also recruited by Minnesota, Cincinnati and Miami (Ohio).

Bryan Station Coach Oliver Lucas said he couldn't understand why Kentucky didn't pursue Philon........
Nice to see the Cards get one of the better players in the state.
Bryan Station had I believe 6 or 7 players sign a LOI on all different levels.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Bryan Station had I believe 6 or 7 players sign a LOI on all different levels.

I am a Johnson Central fan and held my breath everytime we played them. This team was loaded! We were very lucky to beat them two years running. They just about gave Highlands an early exit from the playoffs. Good luck to all their signees!
I watched Bryan Station play, and I'm guessing they're talking about the player who towered above everyone and pushed the other teams around. If this is the person who I'm thinking of, then it makes sense of him going to Louisville. What is he ranked? A 3-star player?