•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley/Elliott County (Updates)
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:with their 2-2-1 full court they contain the first pass then drop back taking away the middle and just push the ball to the side, they look for the back tap and the trap at half court. It is a simple press but they are so quick you have to go up the side and take that chance of being trapped.

Once broken, to they drop back into zone 3-2 or 2-3?
Stardust Wrote:Goliaths meaning they could compete with the Holmes, Scott County's?

yes I think they can compete on the same level as Holmes and Scott. Not saying they would win but I think it would be a good game.
So it's the 3rd qtr, it's still a ball game with plenty left
Stardust Wrote:Once broken, to they drop back into zone 3-2 or 2-3?

a match up 2-3, looks alot like an extended zone.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yes I think they can compete on the same level as Holmes and Scott. Not saying they would win but I think it would be a good game.

I just know about EC and have seen them play at Rupp last year, did not know anything about SV, so this is great info
Curby Tackett hits both free throws
Stardust Wrote:So it's the 3rd qtr, it's still a ball game with plenty left

Valley 49
EC 37

end of 3
Valley 49 EC 37 start of the 4th
And at the end of 3 its
#7 Shelby Valley-49
#1 Elliott Co.-37
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:a match up 2-3, looks alot like an extended zone.

do they every play a matchup or box & 1, i.e. - what have they done to force such a poor shooting % for EC outside today
Stardust Wrote:Once broken, to they drop back into zone 3-2 or 2-3?

I've never seen them actually have to drop out of the 2-2-1 press during a close game. Only time I've seen them drop out of it is when they are blowing someone out.
Stardust Wrote:I just know about EC and have seen them play at Rupp last year, did not know anything about SV, so this is great info

Well IMO Valley was good last year. But they are liteyears better than last season. The addition of Adams really geled their team
Stardust Wrote:do they every play a matchup or box & 1, i.e. - what have they done to force such a poor shooting % for EC outside today

Sticky defense.

Justice, Bryant, and Varney stick right on you.
Already 5 pages of updates. We love our Mountain Teams
51-37
BatCat11 Wrote:And at the end of 3 its
#7 Shelby Valley-49
#1 Elliott Co.-37

WOW, 12 point game. For those of us not from EKY, this is a shocker to us. That's only from statewide pub. I've learned a lot about SV from BGR, sounds like they will put themselves in the thick of talk for State recognition if they pull this one out
51-37 Valley
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sticky defense.

Justice, Bryant, and Varney stick right on you.

Good PG?
C Knipp just picked up his 3rd foul
Stardust Wrote:do they every play a matchup or box & 1, i.e. - what have they done to force such a poor shooting % for EC outside today

not a Box and 1 (however I love that D), its a matchup they play their guards high on the perimetes and still run it a little like their 2-2-1 full court with the way they sag and help and jump the corners. It is a unique defense.
NYY10 Wrote:Already 5 pages of updates. We love our Mountain Teams

obviously a game that has peaked a lot of interest
This is about to get out of hand, I can feel it.
Stardust Wrote:Good PG?

That woudl be Justice lol he is being recruited by Florida and Arkansas
Foul on J Ferguson his 2nd
Logan Byrant is playing great
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Video broadcast isn't till the championship game.

Try this...
http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/sos4st...hp?id=WDHR
Those announcers are terrible.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:not a Box and 1 (however I love that D), its a matchup they play their guards high on the perimetes and still run it a little like their 2-2-1 full court with the way they sag and help and jump the corners. It is a unique defense.

I know it well, it's one that Mason Co. has run for years. I'm sure EC will see this again when they play Mason in a few weeks.
I love listening to Joe broadcast games
51-38 Valley
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:That woudl be Justice lol he is being recruited by Florida and Arkansas

:notworthy OK, I'd say he is good!!! lol
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next