Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. Central 52 - Knott Co. Central 44
Where was KCC's pep section at tonight?
Good ?
They Will Be There The Next Go Around I am Sure
sacbunt Wrote:Has anyone on this website figured out that KCC is getting outcoached when they lose? Allen Hatcher is one of the best coaches in the state. KCC needs someone that can handle the talent. I know that there will be some disagree, but if KCC beats Hazard, PCC, or LCC to win the region I will be really suprised. Allen Hatcher, Big Al, and Raymond Justice are top notch coaches when come tournament time are head over heals better than Justin Amburgey(had to look his name up on khsaa.org, see my point?)

Guess Hazard and LCC are just letting KCC win right now so Justice and Big AL can have a mastermind plan come tournament time. At least you can look his name up somewhere and not hide behind a name like sacbunt and trash people. Sounded like a good game, maybe the one at KCC will turn out different.
Overrated Wrote:A few KCC players seemed scared to death, All you have to do is get rough with KCC and they panic and get wild...Good game by Tate Cox though...Good game for Maggard also.
Agree...what it sounded like...how was the officiating?
Overrated Wrote:A few KCC players seemed scared to death, All you have to do is get rough with KCC and they panic and get wild...Good game by Tate Cox though...Good game for Maggard also.

couldnt agree with u more..
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Guess Hazard and LCC are just letting KCC win right now so Justice and Big AL can have a mastermind plan come tournament time. At least you can look his name up somewhere and not hide behind a name like sacbunt and trash people. Sounded like a good game, maybe the one at KCC will turn out different.

The Masterpiece, everyone hides behind a name on here if you haven't noticed. I am not bashing anyone on here, just stating fact. I have no dog in this fight, I don't even live in the 14 region. How many regional championships combined are there between those 3 coaches? Amburgey came from where? Coaching girls basketball at Cordia. Just stating facts, and you will see when it is time to look at your State tournament program.
fanatic11 Wrote:congrats to pcc. kcc never got going tonight. they couldnt hit anything in the first half.

that was what effected the outcome of the game..if kcc would have hit decent in the first half then it would have been a really good game, but stuff happens...but congrats to both teams..kcc will get a nother shot eventually..
ok
[quote=sacbunt]The Masterpiece, everyone hides behind a name on here.
Yeah but not everyone gets on here to trash people behind it.
Called this one right on the money...Congrats Dores!
I'm proud of the Knott Co fans for not coming up with excuses this time. Knott lost by 12 last time, 8 this time. So with Stamper, it made a 4 point diff. Knott Co's roll players contributed nothing. Stamper played alright but the kid really thinks he's hot sauce lol. He forced way to many shots. Knott's press and half court trap gave PCC some trouble and that def needs to be worked on.
PCC team defense was great, Klay Maggard dominated Knotts big men(14pts & 20rbs). Is there any doubt thats he's the best big man in the region? Buttermilk got the corn bread took from him tonight! I don't know how many times Tyler Mullins blocked him. Buttermilk really couldnt put a shot up without it getting put back in his face lol. Perry is undefeated at home this year. Good game guys, lets get win number 3 vs them next Friday!
pccfan2009 Wrote:i told u all that buttermilk cant handle maggard he just cant do it....:moon:

both athletes played alright but both could've played better
:howdy:
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Agree...what it sounded like...how was the officiating?

There was a little home cooking...But cant use any excuse.. Just that several KCC players was scared to death.
So much for KCC being a force in Eastern Kentucky.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Where was KCC's pep section at tonight?

No where to be found. They knew what was coming. Big Grin
Overrated Wrote:There was a little home cooking...But cant use any excuse.. Just that several KCC players was scared to death.

I thought it was called pretty even. You can't really get around Stamper and Cox without getting a foul on ya.
Overrated Wrote:There was a little home cooking...But cant use any excuse.. Just that several KCC players was scared to death.

Homecooking?
Aslan Wrote:I'm proud of the Knott Co fans for not coming up with excuses this time. Knott lost by 12 last time, 8 this time. So with Stamper, it made a 4 point diff.

They're comin..hope not though
king360;686438[B Wrote:]Called this one right on the money[/B]...Congrats Dores!

Congrats Man! lol.
sacbunt Wrote:Has anyone on this website figured out that KCC is getting outcoached when they lose? Allen Hatcher is one of the best coaches in the state. KCC needs someone that can handle the talent. I know that there will be some disagree, but if KCC beats Hazard, PCC, or LCC to win the region I will be really suprised. Allen Hatcher, Big Al, and Raymond Justice are top notch coaches when come tournament time are head over heals better than Justin Amburgey(had to look his name up on khsaa.org, see my point?)

I have to agree with you on that. But only with PCC have we been out coached. We beat those other two teams. But I said it when we played in the Mountain Classic that the coaching is what go us beat and it happened again tonight. You can not keep trying to have 2 or 3 players continue to shoot 3's all night long, especially when they were not hitting nothing. The ball needs to be inside more so that KCC can get some fouls called for them. Coach Amburgey had the only one rebounding for KCC out at the top instead of under the goal. And that was Jarrod Amburgey he was the only one in there trying to get the rebounds, Braxton and Buttermilk could not seem to get their feet off the ground.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Agree...what it sounded like...how was the officiating?

There were a couple of bad calls against KCC. But overall the refs did a good job. I think when the T'd up coach Amburgey that was just the ref saying "I'm the one calling this game" There should have been a foul called on PCC then and Amburgey pointed it out to them and got the t. Then there should have been a T on PCC when they slapped the back board, didn't get that one either. And when Jarrod Amburgey got held onto and slung around by his arm, no foul called there either. And finally, when Stuart Stamper got the foul called on him in front of PCC's bench, that sould have been a double foul there. But as I said before that was not the problem tonight, it was the coaching. The players were not " scared to death" he just didn't play them where he should have. I think even a parent said something to one of the coaches about not going to the inside all night, don't know what happened with that. Anyway congrats Dore, but we will meet again at our place and then maybe on a neutral floor with neutral refs so see ya then.
boogieman Wrote:There were a couple of bad calls against KCC. But overall the refs did a good job. I think when the T'd up coach Amburgey that was just the ref saying "I'm the one calling this game" There should have been a foul called on PCC then and Amburgey pointed it out to them and got the t. Then there should have been a T on PCC when they slapped the back board, didn't get that one either. And when Jarrod Amburgey got held onto and slung around by his arm, no foul called there either. And finally, when Stuart Stamper got the foul called on him in front of PCC's bench, that sould have been a double foul there. But as I said before that was not the problem tonight, it was the coaching. The players were not " scared to death" he just didn't play them where he should have. I think even a parent said something to one of the coaches about not going to the inside all night, don't know what happened with that. Anyway congrats Dore, but we will meet again at our place and then maybe on a neutral floor with neutral refs so see ya then.

The refs were fine for the most part, if anything the calls leaned in Knotts favor. Just because, someone plays good defense on Cox or Stamper and they miss a shot, it don't mean you gotta call a foul. That kills me.
Congrats PCC
congrats to the dores
My take on the game. Perry came out hot, Knott didn't. With the addition of Stamper, it really didn't make much difference because all this means is that Cox don't have the ball as much as he should because he is way to unselfish for the teams own good. Stamper forced way to many shots trying to hard as usual. They need to learn to run their offense a little better and get the good shots that come to them. As for the officials, Knott had one of their favorites and the other two were from Jackson and Owsley. Their were missed calls on both ends and they did try to let them play a little bit which was nice to see. The T on Knott I'm sure was because of a slight miss use of an cuss word at the wrong time. This had no bearing on the game, Perry's inside game is way to much for Knott. These two teams do play again in a week or so, should be another good one, maybe Knott will shoot the ball better at home and the coaching will improve after watching a little video of this one. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year, should be a great regional tourney. Still looks like that Perry is playing the best in this region, but just can't seem to beat Hazard because of Coach Holland. I guess the region will all depend on the draw.
This was one of the games that I have been looking for all season. Perry is being such a huge threat right now and I thought that maybe Knott could take them down. Something has happened to Kcc and I just can't figure it out. Almost all teams hit a dead spot and maybe this is Kcc's. Hopefully they will get out of this stage. As for another thing that really bothers me is everyone on here just putting Stamper down. This was his first game that he truly came full force since his ankle injury. It's going to take time to recover. Maybe he tried to be a little more careful and watch out for his ankle...Maybe that's why you all are saying they were scared.. That could be a reason.. KCC would much rather have Stamper during tournament time then season play...But I couldn't agree with some things on this post...Kcc coaching is horrible. Their game plan is shoot 3's, shoot 3's, shoot 3's...If your not hitting that's when Amburgey needs the ball. Coaches need to realize that and that is what got them beat.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Any official stats?

Knott Co. Central 5 14 8 17 44

Perry Co. Central 12 9 12 19 52

Knott Co. Central -- Stamper 11, Cox 21, Ratliff 4, Davis 2, Bartrum 6.
Perry Co. Central (15-3) -- Maggard 14, Mullins 9, Noble 12, D.Amis 4, J.Amis 11, Salyers 2.
bballer9 Wrote:This was one of the games that I have been looking for all season. Perry is being such a huge threat right now and I thought that maybe Knott could take them down. Something has happened to Kcc and I just can't figure it out. Almost all teams hit a dead spot and maybe this is Kcc's. Hopefully they will get out of this stage. As for another thing that really bothers me is everyone on here just putting Stamper down. This was his first game that he truly came full force since his ankle injury. It's going to take time to recover. Maybe he tried to be a little more careful and watch out for his ankle...Maybe that's why you all are saying they were scared.. That could be a reason.. KCC would much rather have Stamper during tournament time then season play...But I couldn't agree with some things on this post...Kcc coaching is horrible. Their game plan is shoot 3's, shoot 3's, shoot 3's...If your not hitting that's when Amburgey needs the ball. Coaches need to realize that and that is what got them beat.

Dont start that
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Where was KCC's pep section at tonight?

Ralphie couldn't make it.
PCC is very good at boring you to tears, I guess thats the way to be a good coach.