Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 73 - Prestonsburg 37 (15th All "A" Championship)
nice win sv
good game valley

go down state n do work
Shelby Valley was simply too much for Prestonsburg tonight.

No one could consistently get the ball up the court for Pburg. Seemed like some Pburg players didn't even want the ball, that's why most didn't even attempt to help out a player once they where doubled and tripled teamed.

Was very impressed with Elisha once again. He and Logan Bryant really torched the Pburg guards with the press, and they both knocked down their open shots. Adams also played a good game. BTW, the put-back slam he had was awesome and really set the tone for the game.

Congrats Valley... best of luck at the All "A" state tourney!
BlueSky Wrote:Congrats

was this a surprise to anyone? Congrats SV
Congrats to the Shelby Valley Wildcats!! Good Luck!!
Very impressive tonight. The SV defence was amazing
redman chick Wrote:who dose valley play in state tourny and when

The winner of the Owen County/Henry County game. SV plays Thursday @ 8:00...
Congrats Valley! Bring the trophy back!!!!
Congrats! Represent us well
Great game SV !
Congrats to SV, this is what was expected. Good game to P-Burg, too, they were just overwhelmed last night.

Here's hoping the Cats don't get caught looking ahead to a potential semifinal matchup with Elliott. They will certainly be favored in their first two games, but they could get beat if their minds are elsewhere.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratz on the win SV. Score is about what I expected. It would have been nice if SV would have missed 1 more shot so the score would have been 71. They scored 71 points in the first two games too.

P-burg looked very much over matched in every position. The Tacket guard from P-burg impressed me at the start of the game. If my memory is right, he had their first 7 points of the game. Made a turnover and got jumped all over by his coach. SV will make lots of teams turn the ball over. No need for the jumping on a player that is playing good for them. He never seemed the same after that in his playing IMO.

Make us proud in the mountians SV. I can only speak for myself, but I hope the whole region is behind you on your quest in the All A.
who will they play in state??
DortonWildcat has it right, when Logan and Tyler are knocking down open shots created by the inside out game or by Justice's ball handling, thats when Valley looks unstoppable.
justabballfan Wrote:Another sleeper as expected, this game was over in less than 5 minutes, SV was just way to much for P-burg tonight. Good win SV, keep them coming. P-Burg. Confusederved:

I have to agree with you on that one. SV had a great game. Go big blue.:flame:
Warlock Wrote:Congratz on the win SV. Score is about what I expected. It would have been nice if SV would have missed 1 more shot so the score would have been 71. They scored 71 points in the first two games too.

P-burg looked very much over matched in every position. The Tacket guard from P-burg impressed me at the start of the game. If my memory is right, he had their first 7 points of the game. Made a turnover and got jumped all over by his coach. SV will make lots of teams turn the ball over. No need for the jumping on a player that is playing good for them. He never seemed the same after that in his playing IMO.

Make us proud in the mountians SV. I can only speak for myself, but I hope the whole region is behind you on your quest in the All A.
Coach was a little to rough on him, coaches can run their players in a hole being so negative.
some coaches don't realize when they constantly stay on a player, he eventually shuts down and won't play at all.
alleycat53 Wrote:Coach was a little to rough on him, coaches can run their players in a hole being so negative.

I agree. Jody seemed to be lost the rest of the game. He picked it up last night with 24 points against Tolsia, WV though. He's a fine player.
Jody has played well all season, and Pack didn't treat him any different against SV.