Poll: Who wins Super Bowl 43
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pittsburgh Steelers
55.32%
Arizona Cardinals
44.68%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl XLIII 2/1/09
Let the hype begin:

Site: Raymond James Stadium - Tampa, Florida
Date: February 1, 2009
Game time: Kickoff at approximately 6:28 p.m. EST
Stadium Capacity: 72,500
Television: NBC
Radio: Westwood One/Univision

Faith Hill doing the Pregame Show, Bruce Springsten gets the honors of the Halftime show.

We will be introduced to new commercials. Sounds like Budweiser will stick with the Clydesdales. We also get first peaks of upcoming movies like IronMan 2 featuring Mickey Rourke

But for the most important part, we have the surprising NFC champion Arizona Cardinals facing the AFC champ Pittsburgh Steelers.

Who will win and why?
Stardust Wrote:Let the hype begin:

Site: Raymond James Stadium - Tampa, Florida
Date: February 1, 2009
Game time: Kickoff at approximately 6:28 p.m. EST
Stadium Capacity: 72,500
Television: NBC
Radio: Westwood One/Univision

Faith Hill doing the Pregame Show, Bruce Springsten gets the honors of the Halftime show.

We will be introduced to new commercials. Sounds like Budweiser will stick with the Clydesdales. We also get first peaks of upcoming movies like IronMan 2 featuring Mickey Rourke

But for the most important part, we have the surprising NFC champion Arizona Cardinals facing the AFC champ Pittsburgh Steelers.

Who will win and why?

Arizona, Pittsburgh has no one who can man up against Fitzgerald.
I would have never imagined, before the playoffs started that Arizona would be in the Super Bowl.
Aslan Wrote:I would have never imagined, before the playoffs started that Arizona would be in the Super Bowl.

I don't think anybody did.
Steelers by at least 15, cards wont be able to stop the steelers
Go Arizona.
Here we go Cardinals, Here we go! :lmao:
Steelers-21
Cardinals-35
I'm picking the Steelers because they're the better team. I will be rooting for Arizona though! Let's go Cardinals!
I think the Steelers probably have the best team overall, but I love pulling for the underdog. Arizona was written off before the playoffs even started by the media and was noted as being undeserving of a playoff berth...so I'm gonna go with the Cardinals.
Edge James played well verse the Eagles, and the Cardinals D looked to have a good pass rush and actually played well overall, and if their D can play well again against the Steelers and bring down Ben (I don't think getting to him is the problem, but he's a huge sloth and tough to bring down), I think their offense will be able to score at least 10 or 17 and win.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Go Arizona.. if the slipper fits, wear it!!!!!!!
Defenses win championships. Gotta go for the Steelers in this one. I think Big Ben has a big game and wins his 2nd ring.
Right now, the voting is almost 50-50. Is this from voting for the Cardinals because you HOPE they can win, or because you really feel they can score against the Steelers Defense?

You have to figure that the Steelers will shut down the Cards run game, which puts the game in Warner's hands. Can Warner continue the play that he has for this year? Or do the Steelers put the kind of pressure that only the Steelers can and turn Warner into the QB that he was with the Giants, one who can't hang on to the ball and throws twice as many picks as TD's?
Stardust Wrote:Right now, the voting is almost 50-50. Is this from voting for the Cardinals because you HOPE they can win, or because you really feel they can score against the Steelers Defense?

You have to figure that the Steelers will shut down the Cards run game, which puts the game in Warner's hands. Can Warner continue the play that he has for this year? Or do the Steelers put the kind of pressure that only the Steelers can and turn Warner into the QB that he was with the Giants, one who can't hang on to the ball and throws twice as many picks as TD's?

Well to shut down Arizona's run game isn't that hard is it? They can't run the ball at all and the Steelers are one of the best if not the best at stopping the run. So really what they need to focus on is the passing game. Which I do think that can disrupt.
The Steelers will take this one in a close game!!!
I took the Cardinals over the Eagles and they didn't let me down, so why give up on them now?

Cardinals- 17
Steelers- 13
I hate the Cardinals more then the Steerlers so im going with the Steelers I guess.
NYY10 Wrote:I hate the Cardinals more then the Steerlers so im going with the Steelers I guess.

Is that like I hate Duke more than I hate UNC, so I'll go with UNC :devilflam
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Well to shut down Arizona's run game isn't that hard is it? They can't run the ball at all and the Steelers are one of the best if not the best at stopping the run. So really what they need to focus on is the passing game. Which I do think that can disrupt.
Normally, I'd agree, but Edge has looked solid in the playoffs (but not great), and Hightower has been a nice complement to him, and they've been solid on the ground.

I think that they can help keep the Steelers honest and keep them from just sending all out pass blitzes, and I think that Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston are a **** of a receiving core (if Boldin gets his head straight).
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Stardust Wrote:Is that like I hate Duke more than I hate UNC, so I'll go with UNC :devilflam

idk, I guess what ever makes you happy.

Steelers will be to much for the Cards
NYY10 Wrote:I hate the Cardinals more then the Steerlers so im going with the Steelers I guess.

How can someone hate the cardinals they have always sucked!!!!

Steelers 34
cardinals 24
I think this will be a high scoring Super Bowl both teams atleast 35+ pts

Arizona has a beast passing game with Warner and Fitzgerald and Bolding

Pittsburgh has a beast defense and may get some INT's/Fumbles

If your Arizona keep your eyes out for Troy Polamalu and Santonio Holmes
If your Pittsburgh Double team Fitzgerald or Boldin and blitz Warner
Steelers are goin win this one by 14 or more
Steelers D is 2 good Cards O won't be able 2 do nuttin
the Cards D has been good in the playoffs but they havent play no one like pittsburgh
steelers
i mean the d is a phenom and the o well i mean

nough said
STEELERS!!!!

Arizona has not faced a pass rush like Pittsburghs and Warner doesnt do well when he has to scramble. He will be scrambling for his life in this game. Philly doesnt have the athletes on D that the Steelers have so although Fitzgerald is great its hard to have a good game when youre QB is getting sacked of forced out of the pocket and throwing INTs. After Ryan Clarks hit on Mcgahee IMO Anqwan Boldin will be fighting with his coach to NOT go in the game LOL!

On offense the Steeler O-line has steadily improved and I see Pittsburgh being able to run the ball on the Cardinals not to mention Big Bens penchant for playing well in big games. If we can run the ball on Arizona and keep our D good and rested. We will win handily.

STEELERS-27
Cards-17
This will be a good game that will go down to who wants it more. It will be hard to match up with Fitzgerald for the steelers but I will still say Pitt. pulls this one off.

Steelers- 13 Cardinals- 10
I'm going with the Steelers and their defense.
If you believe the who Cinderella thing, then the Cards are your team but I see the Steelers winning this just because of their D.
FOUR DAYS since the last post about the Super BowL???

Is it the NON=Super Bowl?