Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 KAPOS Results?
Just wanting to know any results from tonights KAPOS!
I was there and I was able to watch all the teams, but unfortunately I had to leave right before the ceremony. I am eager to know who won, and I will not comment on the peformances until AFTER the results have been posted here.
Pike central got 1st in small varsity they done a wonderful performance. and there tumbling was great im so proud of them.....
i know that pike central got 1st and now they are going too state!
I know, i'm dieing to know!!!!

someone get them on!
haha.
CONGRATS PIKE CENTRAL!! I am SO proud of you girls!!! You were tremendous, and I can't wait for State!
Congrats Pike Central
congrats PCC.
any more results??
Medium- Pikeville White
Traditional- Pikeville Maroon
Large- Belfry
SuperLarge- Johnson Central

I believe those are correct.
Johnson Central cheerleaders blowed it out of the water tonight although they didn't have anyone to compete against they would've definately beat ANYONE from the 15th region who entered against them and I hear tonight's performance wasn't near their best this year? I'm here to tell you JC is the team to look at this year, very few mistakes from them tonight. Watch and see if they don't bring it home at state. I'm behind them all the way because they haven't been very strong the past few years and I wanna see them bring it home. I have all of the confidence in the world in them those girls are so talented and I love to watch them perform because they sure put on a show. The best of luck at state this year girls!!
Congrats to all the winners tonight and good luck at state! :Cheerlead
cheergirl088 Wrote:Johnson Central cheerleaders blowed it out of the water tonight although they didn't have anyone to compete against they would've definately beat ANYONE from the 15th region who entered against them and I hear tonight's performance wasn't near their best this year? I'm here to tell you JC is the team to look at this year, very few mistakes from them tonight. Watch and see if they don't bring it home at state. I'm behind them all the way because they haven't been very strong the past few years and I wanna see them bring it home. I have all of the confidence in the world in them those girls are so talented and I love to watch them perform because they sure put on a show. The best of luck at state this year girls!!

Way to go Ms. Sturgill and the girls. Awesome job. :1:
I was pretty upset with the Small Results!
Pike Central fell Numerous Times.
Their Choreography STUNK!
Only thing they could do was Tumble.

I personally Felt Magoffin Co. did the best in the Small Division. Tumbling and all!

Prestonsburg needed more Tumbling but the Props, Tosses, and Choreography was EXCELLENT. If they would've had more tumbling! I know they would've been state bound.

And Shelby Valley, eghhh. Needs some work.

Thats my Small Category Opinions!
pike central didnt fall, prestonsburg was the nes doing the falling the fell what at least three times u gotta give it to em congrats to all teams at state
EKY_Soccer_Fanatic Wrote:I was pretty upset with the Small Results!

I personally Felt Magoffin Co. did the best in the Small Division. Tumbling and all!

Prestonsburg needed more Tumbling but the Props, Tosses, and Choreography was EXCELLENT. If they would've had more tumbling! I know they would've been state bound.

Pike Central didn't fall numerous times they fell ONCE at the end but they still got the stunt up. Yes they had great tumbling and I thought their Choreography was pretty good actually.

Way to go girls! I'm really looking forward to watching you all at state.
Congratulations to all squads in general for just competing! Good Luck to those advancing!
cheergirl088 Wrote:Johnson Central cheerleaders blowed it out of the water tonight although they didn't have anyone to compete against they would've definately beat ANYONE from the 15th region who entered against them and I hear tonight's performance wasn't near their best this year? I'm here to tell you JC is the team to look at this year, very few mistakes from them tonight. Watch and see if they don't bring it home at state. I'm behind them all the way because they haven't been very strong the past few years and I wanna see them bring it home. I have all of the confidence in the world in them those girls are so talented and I love to watch them perform because they sure put on a show. The best of luck at state this year girls!!
Johnson Central looked like a really, really good squad. But they had 2 noticeable mistakes that will cost them in a competition. Also, I wasn't there for the Pikeville White performance, how did they look?
I thought all the squads performed well and should hold their heads high!
However, I was most impressed with the Pikevile performances, the Johnson Central, and the Belfry performance.

The most improved squad I think was Johnson Central. They really have a chance to win at state in the super large category. They just really need to do some clean up of the little things.

Pikeville will probably prevail in the traditional again, but the other squad in the medium category will have to face a very strong and sharp North Laurel team.

Pike Central looked good, but they to will have to face a very tough Madison Central team. I have seen Madison Central already this year and they are probably tougher than they have ever been.

Belfry will really have a road ahead of them finding themselves in the same category at state as Dunbar and Greenup.

Overall I think we will see a good showing from the 15th region teams at state!

Good Luck to all:Cheerlead
I think Pikeville White did an amazing job las night! They really proved as a junior high squad they can compete at any level!

I also think belfry, johnson central and Pikeville Maroon did well last night oo!

GOOD JOB GIRLS!
I believe Madison Central small varsity throws about 8 full twists. They willl also have squad standing tucks. They will be awesome, as usual. They compete this Sunday at 2:00 at Lexington Catholic.
colonelfan2001 Wrote:I believe Madison Central small varsity throws about 8 full twists. They willl also have squad standing tucks. They will be awesome, as usual. They compete this Sunday at 2:00 at Lexington Catholic.

Madison Central is tough! They will be very tough to beat as I said in my previous quote. They are probably better than I have ever seen them. I think they will be hard to beat at state and nationals. Hopefully they can knock the hawaiians out of the water at nationals:Clap:

i doubt they will bring the state trophy home, ive been to state before and theres some pretty awesome teams. good luck at state you guys cant wait to see you there.
i guess that means breathitt and johnson central will be in superlarge at state.
i wish i couldve watched lastnight but couldnt come congrats to all teams.
i dont think you need to critize Shelby Valley like that.
At least the tried and mistaking the climbers shoes came off.
and they stuck a stunt after wards but she fell two times due to
if she dropped out of the holders hands you dont know how that would have ended up.
so they made the right choice to keep two stunts down..

but dont critize they only worked on it for 3 weeks and in that time some of the girls and boys were hurt so they couldn't do all the stunts full out most of time.. but when state comes you never know they might be better.. or they might not be good enough to beat the teams but at least they try

Yeah, they really impressed. They didn't miss a beat.
From what I heard...only 3 divisions had more than one team.
The Pikeville younger squad (Not sure if it's maroon or white) won their division but I do not know the others.
EKY_Soccer_Fanatic Wrote:I was pretty upset with the Small Results!

Actually Pike Central had an amazing night. They did not fall 'Numerous times.' Only one stunt came down and it was at the end of the routine. But they still hit it. They had great tumbling and great stunts. Their cheer portion was easy to follow and visual. The only thing I think that they could improve on was their dance and their energy level.

Magoffin had a good routine also. They were very clean and I was impressed. I think what really threw Prestonsburg off was the sound checks. Lucy usually says "this is just a sound check,' but that didn't seem to happen this year, and I think that caused a lot of problems for the squads. But Prestonsburg overall had a good routine, definitely not the best I've seen them. Their signs were adorable and I really liked that they expanded into 4 stunts for the cheer (judges like that).

Belfry dominated as usual, as did Pikeville. Johnson Central really impressed me. I loved their tumbling formations! And I was very proud of Sheldon Clark. They had a great routine and have improved so much! And Shelby Valley did have an accident at the beginning of their routine, and that is what caused the rest of the mistakes, but the did a good job about going on with the rest of the routine.

Like Lucy Moore said, the 15th region has some of the best squads in KY and I was proud of everyone. Great job to all who competed! And a GOOD LUCK to all advancing squads!!
I'm probably going to get crucified for this....but I was not at all impressed with Johnson Central. I expected way more from them. Before you all kill me, I am entitled to my opinion. They had some pretty big mistakes, and one girl even hit the ground after her bases had already caught her.

I think Pikeville White was and still is beatable. They were good, but they have been cleaner in the past. I realize my team did not beat them, but it was very close. I am very proud of the Cardinals! This was the cleanest they have been since 2003. I think they proved that they can be a competitive team.

Pikeville Maroon is very good, VERY good...but I was not a fan of their pom routine. I thought it was very slow. They've been known to change things up before state before, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a variation.

I only saw Belfry warm up, but from what I could tell, they had some very good stunting.

I also thought Magoffin was good, and Pike Central did pretty good also. It had to be close in the small category.

I only call it like I see it.

Good luck to all 15th Region teams at State!
i feel johnson central did have a few mistakes , but they will have time to work on them before state... and they will clean them up ... all the teams did a great job last night ... cheerleading is a hard job and takes a lot of time and hard work ... all the girls did a great job ,, i saw jody there watching HE REALLY NEEDED AN AWARD because he is the one who has worked with almost each and everyone of these girls at one point of time...... but NOOOOOOO........he stands and watches as they take all their praise .... GOOD LUCK AT STATE GIRLS .......
IMO
SC cardinals done fantastic. i mean almost hitting everything, faceials(sp?), saleing the routine.
i was upset with the results they wasn't a doubt in my mind the sheldon clark was going to win, but im not saying my opinions about that.

im proud of those girls and can't wait till next year. their a young team and only loseing one girl. I'm curious of what their going to bring to district 15 in the future!
I just watched Pike Central's routine on youtube, and that was a definite fall at the end.. I really wish I could see the other teams performances (i was unable to attend), because the other teams had to have had some major mistakes to come in 2nd and 3rd. Pike Central always had such energy and difficulty in their routine! I was a little disappointed!