Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kapos 2009!
Welp, its that time again!!!! Any predictions? Anybody know who is in what division?

I'm really looking forward to watching Pikeville and Pike Central! Central qualified for nationals this year and are just awesome. I am so proud of my Hawks!!

:wenumber1
im not sure but i think breathitt is in super large traditional im not sure though.
yea, Pike central goes aginst p-burg.

and we did qualify, but we decided not to go.
Johnson Central just won super large 1st place at UCA winterfest in Cincinnati and Prestonsburg won their catergory also. They both also received bids to nationals.
Wow! Love to hear that local squads are competing in other competitions. And placing rather well! Congrats to both of them
im so excited for competition.
good luck to all the teams.
:]
Could someone break it down for us?
Sheldon Clark is competing medium against Magoffin, Lawrence, and Pikeville White. Regardless of how they place, I think people are going to be surprised by them. If those girls bring their A game, they will not look like the Sheldon Clark you have seen in the past. They are a much stronger squad and will establish themselves as a new regional contender. I can't wait to see them compete!

I don't know much about the other teams, but I think Belfry and Johnson Central are large. Pikeville Maroon is traditional.
Johnson Central is competing Super Large. They have 22 girls. They were going to do large but decided not to cut anyone.
How many squads does jc have now?
IISnakE Wrote:How many squads does jc have now?

They just have the one squad.
Lawrence Co. is competing medium.
Lawrence will do real good if they keep up the work ethic they have now and dont loose anymore girls.
I had heard Pikeville White was going small, instead of medium. Not for sure though. Is anyone else in the 15th going small? What about Prestonsburg and Belfry?
I heard that Magoffin is going small?
does anyone know what teams are for sure competing in small varisty?
wow, why is everyone switching to small last minute?
Where is 15th Region KAPOS this year?
Kapos is at the Pikeville Expo Center on January 21st.
who all is in medium?
where is Pikeville White and Pikeville Maroon competing?
cheer1020 Wrote:who all is in medium?

All I know for sure is that Lawrence and Sheldon Clark are medium. I thought Pikeville white was, but there is a post on here saying they switched to small. I really never expected Pikeville to switch, so we'll see.
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:Sheldon Clark is competing medium against Magoffin, Lawrence, and Pikeville White. Regardless of how they place, I think people are going to be surprised by them. If those girls bring their A game, they will not look like the Sheldon Clark you have seen in the past. They are a much stronger squad and will establish themselves as a new regional contender. I can't wait to see them compete!

I don't know much about the other teams, but I think Belfry and Johnson Central are large. Pikeville Maroon is traditional.

When Sheldon Clark played against us I could not believe the difference in them since last year they have improved so much.... Good Luck at KaposBig Grin
LCcheerchick Wrote:When Sheldon Clark played against us I could not believe the difference in them since last year they have improved so much.... Good Luck at KaposBig Grin

Thanks so much! I will let their coach know and the girls as well. Good luck to you and your team as well!
I haven't seen that many teams this year, but I can say that Lawrence County has improved tremendously! It's good to see they are competing at KAPOS. I figured Johnson Central would be a lot better (although they do have some awesome tumblers) this year, and I am very pleasantly suprised by Magoffin. They are continuing to improve, and have some pretty amazing stunts!
I've talked to a few Prestonsburg cheerleaders and their coach who all have said they are cutting 2 girls and going small. I'm pretty sure that's what Leslie has had planned for a while too, so it has nothing to do with who is in what division. In my opinion this is the best decision for them, because of certain things I've saw when I watched the squad at games, practice, etc.

I must say I was honestly impressed with Sheldon Clark when I saw them last night. Having almost all standing handsprings was very impressive because I don't believe I've seen all tumbling from them before. Also some mounts I saw before the game started were very good too. As long as they have excellent motions and jumps, I don't think they have a problem with anything else.
I honestly believe Prestonsburg will come through and show there true Potential. =) Goo BLACKCATS!!!
johnson central's cheerleading squad i belive will rock kapos
because of hard work and extreme training ive sat through many practices and let me tell u its no cake walk.
johnson central has the talent, tumbling and cheer abilitys to take this one home
14th region - jackson city?
.catfanatic. Wrote:I had heard Pikeville White was going small, instead of medium. Not for sure though. Is anyone else in the 15th going small? What about Prestonsburg and Belfry?

Pkv White is going medium. something about medium @ nationals being 16 in number so they don't have to jam in two different routines @ the same time.... I wish all great good luck!