Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 67 - Prestonsburg 49
Final
THis game was much closer than the score shows. It was single digits the whole game and with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd Pburg was only down 5 but reffing got the best of them. Fouls was something like 13-3 in favor of PCC. Burchett and Tackett both fouled out.
The 14th, they use the good ole buddy system under TH. This guy uses his cronies and does not use the best officials.
The game was really good untill the 3rd. P-burg impressed me with there play, and if they would have had Gearheart I think it have been closer. An the refs did get the best of P-burg in the first half, then second half it was alittle better. But for the most part i was impressed with P-Burgs play and they continue to improve.
And here it goes again with the refs.. The refs don't make an 18 pt difference. Sorry
runninrebs21 Wrote:And here it goes again with the refs.. The refs don't make an 18 pt difference. Sorry
Oh don't act like everytime AC loses a game they don't blame it on the refs or someone who magically made them play bad.
I didnt get to attend this game tonight but apparently PBURG had alot of foul trouble, now idk if it was bad officiating or not but perry central is a real good team and i am proud of our team for sticking with them for so long.

GO BLACKCATS
I have always thought that 14th region refs were BAD
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Oh don't act like everytime AC loses a game they don't blame it on the refs or someone who magically made them play bad.

Some fans from AC do im sure, but no matter what, a ref cannot determine the outcome of a game unless it is just a couple of points. An 18 point win is not just because of the refs.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Some fans from AC do im sure, but no matter what, a ref cannot determine the outcome of a game unless it is just a couple of points. An 18 point win is not just because of the refs.

It was a six poit lead at the end of the 3rd. Once you continue to call touch fouls and your guards foul out that affects the game there is an issue there. Call it an excuse if you want but at least you can call it the truth.
runninrebs21 Wrote:And here it goes again with the refs.. The refs don't make an 18 pt difference. Sorry

In the first half, this game was not called both ways. I'm one that will not usually complain about the refs but it was terrible in the first half, and at halftime Pburg had 12 fouls to Perry's 3. In the 2nd half the referees finally began to start calling more fouls on Perry's guards as they come out slapping & holding onto Pburg's guards when they made a move on them. Pburg kept it close till late in the 3rd quarter when Chris Noble caught fire (BTW the kid is for real).

Prestonsburg was without forward Austin Gearheart, who was at the state-finals receiving district 7 MVP award. I thought he could have helped the Blackcats on the boards because #25 for Perry really done a great job at boxing out and controlling the paint.

I saw a lot of improvement from Pburg as they played much better as a team and didn't turn the ball over nearly as much as they have been, but once again rebounds killed us (see above) and not being able to find someone else to score besides Tackett & Burchett hurt us a lot also.

Congrats Commodores!
congrats to the blackcats on playing a very good perry county team tough for three quarters.......i just hate to hear ppl blame things on the refs.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:It was a six poit lead at the end of the 3rd. Once you continue to call touch fouls and your guards foul out that affects the game there is an issue there. Call it an excuse if you want but at least you can call it the truth.

The refs didn't cost Pburg this game at all.

Perry Central had numerous offensive-rebounds which led to easy put backs or an open shots.
runninrebs21 Wrote:but no matter what, a ref cannot determine the outcome of a game unless it is just a couple of points.

Not saying anything about this game, but, you are completely wrong... All a ref has to do is call a few fouls on key players to take them out of the game. Poor officiating can have a MAJOR impact on a game.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Some fans from AC do im sure, but no matter what, a ref cannot determine the outcome of a game unless it is just a couple of points. An 18 point win is not just because of the refs.

I'm pretty sure you wasn't at the game so how would you even know. Sorry but unless you were there you have no say in this arguement. I say it would have been a closer game. I think they would have pulled it out cause Noble was on fire. When 3 or 4 players on one team have 4 or 5 fouls theres got to be something up. Also 13 to 3 in fouls in the first half. But no that didn't play a role in the game at all.
I'm impressed that the Blackcats kept it a game until the 4th quarter. Congrats PCC!
14th is tough this season.
Noble led PCC with 24 Pts. Maggard followed with 19 Pts. 16 Rebs. That was all the stats I could locate.
The King Wrote:Not saying anything about this game, but, you are completely wrong... All a ref has to do is call a few fouls on key players to take them out of the game. Poor officiating can have a MAJOR impact on a game.

Very true, Burchett had 4 fouls in the first half.
Maybe Prestonburg players are still in football mode that maybe y they were fouling so much
UkFan23 Wrote:Maybe Prestonburg players are still in football mode that maybe y they were fouling so much

That was not the case in this game at all.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Oh don't act like everytime AC loses a game they don't blame it on the refs or someone who magically made them play bad.

Absolutely
Keep it on-topic!
why is it everytime a team loses its always because of the refs?...
king360 Wrote:why is it everytime a team loses its always because of the refs?...
:confused:

Did you not read what was said above, if so, think about it. It was Perry's own fundraiser classic, Pburg had 12 fouls to Perry's 3 at halftime and Pburg's best player had 4 fouls at halftime.

The refs obviously didn't want Pburg to keep this one close, but I don't care anymore its over and I'm willing to move on!
BlackcatAlum Wrote::confused:

Did you not read what was said above, if so, think about it. It was Perry's own fundraiser classic, Pburg had 12 fouls to Perry's 3 at halftime and Pburg's best player had 4 fouls at halftime.

The refs obviously didn't want Pburg to keep this one close, but I don't care anymore its over and I'm willing to move on!

well hes obviously not the best player if he cant play smarter than that..everyone knew Perry was gonna win it aint like if he didnt have 4 fouls it would have mattered Noble and Maggard are too much
king360 Wrote:well hes obviously not the best player if he cant play smarter than that..everyone knew Perry was gonna win it aint like if he didnt have 4 fouls it would have mattered Noble and Maggard are too much

Where you there? enough said.
Actually i was there...P-Burg knew coming into this they werent gonna win..so quit complaining about the refs..P-Burg isnt anywhere near PCC in talent
I wasn't at this game and I do know that Perry Central has more talent than Prestonsburg and probably would have won if the fouls were even. But 12 fouls to 3 fouls at halftime is a pretty big difference!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I wasn't at this game and I do know that Perry Central has more talent than Prestonsburg and probably would have won if the fouls were even. But 12 fouls to 3 fouls at halftime is a pretty big difference!

I Just thought Pcc played smart basketball and got good turnovers...prestonsburg might still be in football mode sounds to me like...lol