Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best team in the 14th region?
well heres my top 5
1.Perry Central
2.Hazard
3.Knott central
4.Letcher
5.Estill
After watching some scrimmages, trying to compare these teams is tough since Hazard is not at full strength yet. But, Hazard has to still be the favorite until proven otherwise.

1. Hazard
2. Perry
3. Knott, JBS, Letcher All three have great teams and will battle in that district

6. Estill
7. Maybe Breathitt when they get their players from football

no one else will compete for any of the top 6 spots!!
Hazard
PCC
KCC
LCC
Lee
Estill

JBS
Breathitt
Buckhorn
Man, how many threads do we need on which team is the best in the 14th Region? Mod's you may want to combine this with a previous one.Big Grin
Hazard Bulldogs!
IMO this is how i would put the top 5,
1.Hazard
2.Knott
3.Perry Central
4.Lee Co.
5.LCC
1. Hazard
2. PCC
3. KCC
4. LCC
5. Lee
6. Estill

Not many other teams will be able to compete with these six.
In my opinion it Hazard.
The best team in the region is Hazard.
Then you can put Perry, Lee, Knott, and Letcher in a bag, shake them up real good, and it's untelling which team would drop out first. There's not much difference in those four.
Doesn't matter who everyone thinks is number 1, only what happens at the end of the year. I would be willing to bet there will be two or three teams playing the best at different times this year in the 14th. So number 1 will change ocassionally. Still, I'm picking PCC to win the 14th this year. I think Hazard & KCC will be strong too.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Doesn't matter who everyone thinks is number 1, only what happens at the end of the year. I would be willing to bet there will be two or three teams playing the best at different times this year in the 14th. So number 1 will change ocassionally. Still, I'm picking PCC to win the 14th this year. I think Hazard & KCC will be strong too.
Doesn't Hazard have pretty much the same team back from last year's state team? What has Perry Central done since last year to propell them past the Bulldogs ?
Knott Central
smith567 Wrote:well heres my top 5
1.Perry Central
2.Hazard
3.Knott central
4.Letcher
5.Estill

hahahahahahahahahahahaha...not sure where ur from, but it must be so far back in a holler that you can't get out to watch a basketball game. who did hazard lose that's going to prevent them from going back to state? no one. perry #1? please.
I think KCC will be the team to watch for!!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Doesn't matter who everyone thinks is number 1, only what happens at the end of the year. I would be willing to bet there will be two or three teams playing the best at different times this year in the 14th. So number 1 will change ocassionally. Still, I'm picking PCC to win the 14th this year. I think Hazard & KCC will be strong too.

Yes Nice Post.
How Can You Say Who Is The Best
Lets Just Wait And See At The End Of The 14th Region Championship Game
Hazard should take the 14th this year, not taking anything away from the other teams in the 14th everyone has a chance, I just see Hazard being stronger than everyone right now.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Maybe at the end of the year after their football players are back they will be the strongest, only time will tell. But right now the best teams are Letcher, Perry, JBS, and Knott. Hazard has pulled 2 close ones out with their 3 starters, but when they meet one of those 4 listed above, don't think they can handle them right now with such a small bench. They play Perry on tuesday, will be very interesting.
It's hard to judge Hazard right now because they are far from full strength. I expect PCC will be a tougher battle for them this year, more so than last year. How PCC plays against Estill tonight will give us a little more insight.
I'll have to go with Hazard at 1 and Knott is looking good at 2 they have some great shooters
BleedBlue4life Wrote:I'll have to go with Hazard at 1 and Knott is looking good at 2 they have some great shooters

yeah maybe but much can not be said right now... hazard doe not have everyone and still look strong. as far as kcc goes they have not played anyone with a strong d so much can not be said about their shooters... pcc should be mentioned up at the top with these to teams but i think pcc is over kcc
I can't wait to see a PCC/Hazard matchup with both teams at full strength. Tuesday's game won't reveal much about how they really match up.
In my opinion it's Hazard but until the football players are released it is PCC. Hazard I believe only lost one player from last year. It will have to play out through the regular season to see who wins this region but my pick is Hazard. They have the experience and can make a good run in the state tournament.
1.hazard
2.lcc
3.kcc
4.perry
Hazard
Knott
Perry
Letcher
Lee
JBS
1. Hazard (obvious) all key players back
2. PCC Beat Estill by 20 with Noble only scoring 3, Held Cackling and Hoover to low scoring games.
3. Knott Not really played any competition yet, big test tomorrow.
4. Letcher Most dangerous team in region. A lot of talent
5. Lee Has Aaron Charles, one of the best in the 14th
IMO Hazard.
After watching Perry play Estill I see it like this.

1.PCC
2.Hazard
3.KCC
4.Letcher/Lee ( Tough Call.)
5.Estill
6.Buckhorn
7.JBS
8.Wolfe
9.Cordia
10.Powell
11.Breathitt
12.Owsley
13.Jackson City
14.Leslie
15.Jenkins
16.Riverside
GRIFFIN Wrote:1.hazard
2.lcc
3.kcc
4.perry

powell is going 2 be on there 2 will and rice
i think its between hazard and kcc
Would agree right now Perry is on top. They are playing well together and are playing some defense. After Christmas when Hazard gets full strength, they will have some battles. Knott has no big men, but has 2 of the best guards around the mountains. Them and Letcher play tonight and we will be able to judge how well Knott really is when they play some competition, but Letcher will not be full strength yet either, so they will get better too! Should be fun watching these 4 teams battle all year long. JBS will be my sleeper team along with Estill.