Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 14 - Belfry 12
Good Job breathitt!
way to go breathitt!
go breathitt!
Jeepman Wrote:These kind of things happen in football. The underdog wins. Belfry is a great football team. Breathitt was just better last night. It happens. Those that have thrown darts at the Belfry Coach really need to look at their self first. Coach Haywood is a great Coach.

Congratulations to Belfry on a great season.

Congratulations to Breathitt. Now make us all proud.

Downtown QB's are everywhere, Haywood, Holcomb, Hilton, New Cath's coach (which recruits good catholic players), Howard, Yeagle, have all been through the same type of scrutiny by people who probably have not played a down in their life. Are we supposed to fire or demand resignation of every coach who does not repeat what they did the year before? This is high school football!! There is a lot more than WINNING games that makes you a great coach! Being a mentor to the kids and teaching them about life seems overlooked!!!!!
bobcatlunatik Wrote:well simply out the belfry fans got on here throwing up last years game and you c wat it got them. i knew all along breathitt would pull this game out. now does anyone believe tht fugate best back in the state. to much fugate and there is gonna be to much fugate for central next friday ill be there to support my BOBCATS

yeah we show them but belfry did give us a great run.. both teams went out and played there hearts out... so both teams should be proud... but their can only be one... but belfry u played good and so did breathitt but what it really came down to in the end was who wanted it the most... go breathitt cant wat im going to support my boys!!! go bobcats!
Belfry will always be tough and I believe there will be another rematch next year. All the years I hear Belfry is losing talent they end up finding a way to make a run at a title. As for Haywood, he is a legend at Belfry and he is a great coach that believes in his offense and his system. Play calling wasn't the problem it was turnovers. Channing is a great back and he is one tough kid to bring down. Haddix wasn't that effective but I believe his older brother will be pushing him after this season is over. Congrats to Belfry on a great season....As for the Bobcats pack up and head to the Ville and bring that championship back to the mountains.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I really didn't like that some of Breathitt's fans ran out on our field. Good game, just like state last year, the better team actually lost. We had the edge in every stat. We dominated them in the 2nd half, we came out asleep in the first, but in the 2nd, we came out and played like Belfry and outscored them
12-0, and we were on the move to make it 19-14 or 15-14... one costly fumble. Good luck against Central, Breathitt. I'lll be cheering for you.

No. The best team won. The best team keeps thier composure, and keeps a strong mindset. Belfry couldn't handle a team who wasn't intimidated, and it scared them. Ivan Lee played un-inspired football, and looked scared to death. Its how the game goes, you have to deal with it, and just go back to the weight room, and work for next year.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:Well simply out the belfry fans got on here throwing up last years game and you c wat it got them. I knew all along breathitt would pull this game out. Now does anyone believe that Fugate is the best back in the state. Too much Fugate and there is gonna be too much Fugate for Central next friday ill be there to support my BOBCATS.
No.
FBALL Wrote:No.
There are many good backs in KY......Not all have the size to go along with the speed that Fugate has.....There are many good "high-school" level RB's but very few RB's that could make it in D1, and Fugate has the size and speed to do so whether it be as a RB, or a LB....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:There are many good backs in KY......Not all have the size to go along with the speed that Fugate has.....There are many good "high-school" level RB's but very few RB's that could make it in D1, and Fugate has the size and speed to do so whether it be as a RB, or a LB....

I'm not saying he is not a great football player. He is. I agree he has the size and ability to play D1 football. But he is not the best RB in the state IMO.
He might be the best RB in the state NEXT year. He's probably in the top 5 or 10 this year, and he's the best RB I've SEEN this year.

He is, however, a little slow compared to some of the Lexington and Louisville backs. You'll see what I mean next week.

What's his 40? 4.5?
FBALL Wrote:I'm not saying he is not a great football player. He is. I agree he has the size and ability to play D1 football. But he is not the best RB in the state IMO.
He is very good, and I respect your opinion and understand that saying he is the best is very bold, but he does have more potential than most in the state as far as going to a D1 school and doing well......I respect the RB's from the other schools, but there are not many that have the size to go along with the speed and awareness.....I do not know if he is the best, but he is better than most.....

I picked this upset..Breathitt has multiple weapons with their young running backs and recievers and a line that can match the physicality and size of Belfry. It sounds like Channing Fugate was too much for the Pirates and turnovers on Belfry's behalf accounted for this loss. But, it sounds like this was a hardfought game...goodluck at state Breathitt, good luck next season Belfry.
Sarrr Wrote:Like 25.

We contained him in the second half, the problem is that they contained US as well :/

we contained ourself with turnovers mostly,they did a good job,but the turnovers keep us from points..
C.Clair Wrote:After we lost last year at CAM, people around Breathitt was saying that Holcomb should retire. To me that is crazy talk, just like saying Haywood should retire. Just because one of your biggest rivals come into you house and beat you, that doesnt mean anything. All that means is that one team was prepared better than the other. Haywood is a great great coach. Hats off to him and his players for a great season. I would also like to address the people who say Belfry gave this game away. How bout giving Breathitt some respect and say Breathitt took it to Belfry and took the game.

they did take it to belfry,but come on,you know if we hang onto the ball,6 times within the 20 yard line,we can atleast score 3 points each time..
cuppett777 Wrote:we contained ourself with turnovers mostly,they did a good job,but the turnovers keep us from points..
If Breathitt was not hitting Belfry as hard as they were, the Pirates would not have had to call the plays that led to the turnovers......While some of the turnovers may not have been directly caused by the Bobcat D, they were an indirect result of the aggressive play.......Turnovers always have something to do with the other team.......Why avoid giving credit to another team?

mrfootball03 Wrote:No. The best team won. The best team keeps thier composure, and keeps a strong mindset. Belfry couldn't handle a team who wasn't intimidated, and it scared them. Ivan Lee played un-inspired football, and looked scared to death. Its how the game goes, you have to deal with it, and just go back to the weight room, and work for next year.

amen,can someone tell me why he lays down in big games?
I told you folks that fugate was for real!!!! And y'all thought i was crazy.
mrfootball03 Wrote:No. The best team won. The best team keeps thier composure, and keeps a strong mindset. Belfry couldn't handle a team who wasn't intimidated, and it scared them. Ivan Lee played un-inspired football, and looked scared to death. Its how the game goes, you have to deal with it, and just go back to the weight room, and work for next year.

You say that like Belfry had no chance. Belfry didn't have an undefeated season by depending only on other teams being "intimidated" by them. They always work hard in the weight room and prepared with all their hearts and minds. I'm getting tired of people acting like Belfry is a bunch of losers because they lost one game...it just happened to be a very important one. Breathitt has lost this season...it just so happened, they pulled out a great game when it counted. It doesn't take away from what Belfry is capable of doing...just had a bad game. TongueirateSho
FBALL Wrote:I'm not saying he is not a great football player. He is. I agree he has the size and ability to play D1 football. But he is not the best RB in the state IMO.

I agree. He's very good but I don't see how he is so untouchable?
Way to go Bobcats!
Great season Belfry noone can take that away from u.
It was an epic game, a classic to be remembered. Channing Fugate without a doubt is the best back in the state. As a student at Breathitt I read all the doubters saying it was all Belfry and not to sound obnoxious but they owe us an engraved apology.
Bring home the title boys!
cuppett777 Wrote:amen,can someone tell me why he lays down in big games?

You seem to ride the band wagon. I don't think that's cool. Why talk smack about Ivan now..haven't you been supporting Belfry for some time now? :confused:
Sarrr Wrote:He might be the best RB in the state NEXT year. He's probably in the top 5 or 10 this year, and he's the best RB I've SEEN this year.

He is, however, a little slow compared to some of the Lexington and Louisville backs. You'll see what I mean next week.

What's his 40? 4.5?

I agree. Central has speed fo sho! (Unfortunately). Smile
TeamMom Wrote:You seem to ride the band wagon. I don't think that's cool. Why talk smack about Ivan now..haven't you been supporting Belfry for some time now? :confused:

Realize that no one is talking smack. The truth is the truth. Ivan played soft, and body language looked as if he was scared.
TeamMom Wrote:You say that like Belfry had no chance. Belfry didn't have an undefeated season by depending only on other teams being "intimidated" by them. They always work hard in the weight room and prepared with all their hearts and minds. I'm getting tired of people acting like Belfry is a bunch of losers because they lost one game...it just happened to be a very important one. Breathitt has lost this season...it just so happened, they pulled out a great game when it counted. It doesn't take away from what Belfry is capable of doing...just had a bad game. TongueirateSho

Whoa, wait a minute. You need to slow your role. Getting on here spattin' off saying people are saying Belfry are losers. What team do you think I root for? (Hint: my avatar) To say Breathitt Co. just got lucky and pulled a good game out of out thier *** when they needed it is a slap in the face to anyone who has to do with Breathitt Co. football. They came well prepared, with a strong mindset on what they had to do, never letting anything or anyone tell them they can't do it.

Heres the breakdown for you about chances:

Belfry had a good chance. But, we came out expecting Breathitt Co. to lay down, because we are the big bad Belfry Pirates. Then they seen that Breathitt was ready to bring the fight to them, & they went into shock. After wins like JC, people believe Belfry is invincible. Sometimes its hard not getting it in your own head as well. Ivan seemed intimidated by some of the Bobcats, and you could see several times he shy'd away from contact, and tried to rely on speed. He just didn't play inspired football like he has. And I think you have to give credit to Breathitt for being the coz of that. They took him out of "his" game. Not saying this loss was Ivan's fault. You win as a team, you lose as a team. But, he was a leader on this team. You can't expect to win big games without your leader. Period. So take it however you may, thats just my opinion.
Congrats Breathitt sounded like a nail biter.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If Breathitt was not hitting Belfry as hard as they were, the Pirates would not have had to call the plays that led to the turnovers......While some of the turnovers may not have been directly caused by the Bobcat D, they were an indirect result of the aggressive play.......Turnovers always have something to do with the other team.......Why avoid giving credit to another team?

thats not true,they just lost the ball, i know drew and varney wasnt scared of the contact they looked for it..if they hit them and caused it i would give them credit for the turnover, i do give them credit for coming out ready to play this year and getting the job done,which i myself didnt think they could..
TeamMom Wrote:You seem to ride the band wagon. I don't think that's cool. Why talk smack about Ivan now..haven't you been supporting Belfry for some time now? :confused:

yea been supporting them for 7 yrs now, i am not the only one on here, that said that about him laying down in both games, i am just staing facts,i guess the truth hurts,, and am not just on a band wagon..
cuppett777 Wrote:yea been supporting them for 7 yrs now, i am not the only one on here, that said that about him laying down in both games, i am just staing facts,i guess the truth hurts,, and am not just on a band wagon..

Your a "pirate faithful"... rain, sleet, hail or snow!!! ALL the way from TN... Big Grin

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
mrfootball03 Wrote:Realize that no one is talking smack. The truth is the truth. Ivan played soft, and body language looked as if he was scared.

you got to it before i did, but think you,for the back up, he really did looked like he didnt want to play, he even came out for a couple plays..