Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Apple Bowl
Eagle Eye Wrote:We all know that it was more than kids doing these lists!
Well....I don't know it. I have heard people say that adults have been involved, not teachers or admin. mind you. But I don't know other than hearsay so I can't go there. Is it something you know for fact, or hearsay?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Good thing she wouldn't stand for stuff like that for a second. Smile Talk about being hypocritical. Wasn't it the wife of a PHS coach that authored most of these lists? Rolleyes

Where's the "classy one" when you need someone to patrol what's going on?
Hey Kimball...EE was quoting me. If you want I will stop by and show "it" to you so you will know that I am not a she.
The Guru Wrote:Man...they must really be working...lol...i can't recall a time where administration at PHS did or allowed anything like this... help me out.

I brought up an example.
The Guru Wrote:Hey Kimball...EE was quoting me. If you want I will stop by and show "it" to you so you will know that I am not a she.

Thanks, but I'll respectfully pass.Smile
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville isn't playing JC anymore. Period. No spin, no coverup. Just ain't playing again. Does JC need a reason? JC has a good program and should dominate this game as they have in recent years. No biggie. You all can keep the barrel....It just shows that Paintsville has more Apple Bowl wins...LOLBig Grin

Yes, Paintsville does have more wins. The only reason that will not change is because Paintsville is too chicken to play JC anymore. I think that it is a shame on Pville that they can not be sport enough to keep the tradition going. Big crying baby.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Thanks for the clarification, but I will add, that I highly doubt that you are not aware of what was done and by whom, that I mentioned. Thanks again for the "spin" and the "evasion".
I have heard abou what you keep spilling about on the Coaches wife thing, again, I don't know for fact, maybe you do. But T13 really doesn't know what you are talking about so quit beating a dead horse.....you don't know who everyone is on here, and you are stepping on toes of people that you really don't mean too.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I brought up an example.
The Coache's wife thing? Please...if in fact that was true, it still isn't from staff or admin. and if it was true, I heard it was only once and not most times as you had said. But heck, I really don't have a clue.
Wow. I read EVERY post on here with an open mind. This is football. Who cares what the kids do at pep rallies. That's why it is a RIVALRY game. What do you think goes on at the college RIVALRY games' pep rallies? I'm sure it is much worse than a sill "Top 10 List". All this does is show ignorance and cowardice on behalf of the administration that has backed out. This game is one of the most well known rivalries in the state and it's over due to kids talking smack for one week? Give me a break. Sounds to me like the "Almighty Blue" is getting tired of getting stomped by the "Matney Era" teams. This is sad. Almost pathetic. I'd love to hear the kid's for Paintsville's reaction. You take away a tradition to protect a record. Sad.
ATVrider Wrote:Yes, Paintsville does have more wins. The only reason that will not change is because Paintsville is too chicken to play JC anymore. I think that it is a shame on Pville that they can not be sport enough to keep the tradition going. Big crying baby.
You nailed us!!! Dang, now you are good!! I thought for sure we would be able to pull this off....but no!!!! You have to Elliot Ness it!
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Wow. I read EVERY post on here with an open mind. This is football. Who cares what the kids do at pep rallies. That's why it is a RIVALRY game. What do you think goes on at the college RIVALRY games' pep rallies? I'm sure it is much worse than a sill "Top 10 List". All this does is show ignorance and cowardice on behalf of the administration that has backed out. This game is one of the most well known rivalries in the state and it's over due to kids talking smack for one week? Give me a break. Sounds to me like the "Almighty Blue" is getting tired of getting stomped by the "Matney Era" teams. This is sad. Almost pathetic. I'd love to hear the kid's for Paintsville's reaction. You take away a tradition to protect a record. Sad.

we are talking about 14-18 year old kids, and you are comparing them to 19-22 year olds?
The Guru Wrote:Yeah...coulda been worse.....stopped at 50 some with a minute and a half left in the game....and please don't say it was just the JV and frosh...cause there is video. LOL
And go ahead and tell us what Paintsville did.....I am really curious. PM if you like.
I was being a little sarcastic at the first of this post, but really do want to know just what a lot of JC fans think PHS did. Or is it just what they have been told. I know I saw a video a JC student put online that really shows very little class and a whole bunch of slanderous remarks during a rally for this game. It wouldn't bother me to see these teams never play each other again in any sport because people don't know how to enjoy what it could be and would rather try and humiliate kids all with the blessings of people supposedly in charge. Befor the game was even played this year, there was talk of PHS not playing JC in anything unless it was tourney. You say you won't mention it on here.....why not??? You have insinuated that PHS has done something wrong.....back it up.
Most of us know what you won't say. Just because JC broke KHSAA rules and apparently someone with PHS connections called it on them you all want to believe what the very birds that broke the rules say when they tell you that PHS is evil. Like they are the ones that were wronged.
Look at it this way....if you see someone break the law and you call the police and the police arrest the person and they get sentenced to jail....is it your fault that they went to jail? Some would have you believe so, but they are the very ones in jail.
Here are some plausible reasons for PHS not playing the Apple Bowl again:
1) In recent years JC has absolutely whipped the pants off of PHS.
2) JC has never, ever signed a release for a player of any sport to play at PHS, even though there has been hundreds that PHS had signed to go to JC.
3) Pep Rallys for this game at PHS has never tried to embarrass or humiliate anyone from JC, especially kids. JC has several times tried only to mock, make fun of and even do and say horendous things about kids from PHS during their rallys. Good enuff reason on it's own to never play a school like that again in anything.
4) PHS will not let JC ever get the most wins in the Apple Bowl.
There is four reasons not to play. Can't wait to see one in particular try and make it about BMR.....he always finds a way to blame everything on him.

Better check you yearbooks(2003) where a student dressed up as a girl from JC and actually had their name on their shirt while degrading this student. Isn't the yearbook advisor part of the PHS administration that condoned this picture to be in this yearbook.

And give me where you get your factual information about JC having a daycare for their students kids? I think that the daycare is actually for teachers who have kids. Rolleyes

I am not sure but I don't think you have to have a release but I could be wrong. I will have to check into this but I would get some info before I accuse.
The Guru Wrote:Yeah...coulda been worse.....stopped at 50 some with a minute and a half left in the game....and please don't say it was just the JV and frosh...cause there is video. LOL
And go ahead and tell us what Paintsville did.....I am really curious. PM if you like.
I was being a little sarcastic at the first of this post, but really do want to know just what a lot of JC fans think PHS did. Or is it just what they have been told. I know I saw a video a JC student put online that really shows very little class and a whole bunch of slanderous remarks during a rally for this game. It wouldn't bother me to see these teams never play each other again in any sport because people don't know how to enjoy what it could be and would rather try and humiliate kids all with the blessings of people supposedly in charge. Befor the game was even played this year, there was talk of PHS not playing JC in anything unless it was tourney. You say you won't mention it on here.....why not??? You have insinuated that PHS has done something wrong.....back it up.
Most of us know what you won't say. Just because JC broke KHSAA rules and apparently someone with PHS connections called it on them you all want to believe what the very birds that broke the rules say when they tell you that PHS is evil.
Like they are the ones that were wronged.
Look at it this way....if you see someone break the law and you call the police and the police arrest the person and they get sentenced to jail....is it your fault that they went to jail? Some would have you believe so, but they are the very ones in jail.
Here are some plausible reasons for PHS not playing the Apple Bowl again:
1) In recent years JC has absolutely whipped the pants off of PHS.
2) JC has never, ever signed a release for a player of any sport to play at PHS, even though there has been hundreds that PHS had signed to go to JC.
3) Pep Rallys for this game at PHS has never tried to embarrass or humiliate anyone from JC, especially kids. JC has several times tried only to mock, make fun of and even do and say horendous things about kids from PHS during their rallys. Good enuff reason on it's own to never play a school like that again in anything.
4) PHS will not let JC ever get the most wins in the Apple Bowl.
There is four reasons not to play. Can't wait to see one in particular try and make it about BMR.....he always finds a way to blame everything on him.

Bold 1:Think back to week one when your kids come to our field ,during an away game, and put paint on our cars...and about the KHSAA rule breaking. It was about recruiting, supposedly. When 2 players come to a school to play football we get in trouble. Even though Trinity's whole team lives in Indiana.

Bold 2:And where do you think Cody Reynolds and Tyler Deaton came from? How bout Justin Murray and Jessica Rowland? Who has came from Paintsville to play sports at JC? Casey Brown, and he had to wait a year. Looks like JC has done more for Paintsville than you thought they have.
Lol they do have more wins and the margin for JC should and be counted as wins.

2004: 48-6
2005: 50-6
2006: 56-6
2007: 49-15
2008: 55-7
Total: 258 - 40

Can't even score over a 5 year period as we score in 1 game. So... yeah...the longest Paintsville had the barrel in a row was 8 years, and now they are scared they are gonna lose the precious title? Seriously, grow up Paintsville, stop crying...
What an ugly thread this is turning out to be...

Putting aside all the accusations going back and forth, this is actually pretty simple and straight forward... Paintsville's head coach realizes his team, in such a mismatch, gets ZERO benefit towards improvement. Therefore, he pulled the plug.

The money was nice for both schools, for sure, but a football game should have some modicum of competitiveness about it. It should never be a mercenary "event" (only for the $$) as it had become lately. Wink

It should be said, though, many would still enjoy either/both teams playing other opponents Apple Day Thursday. :rockon:
This thread is done... CLOSED!