Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
18.18%
Belfry Pirates
81.82%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry (3A 3rd Round)
joethegreek Wrote:I support all of the teams that I broadcast for. I state my opinion if I think a team is going to lose. Hey I am a radical Logan basketball and baseball fan, but you know what ?I am the first one to admit if they are goin g to lose. So crazy you think you know me , but you don't. I definately support all of the local teams.

I KNOW YOU OLE BUDDY.. and whats funny, you dont have a clue who I am on here! Smile
cobra67 Wrote:First of all I'd like to say that this is one fan who appreciates your honesty when it comes to picking Belfry or the other team as long as it is justifiable. That makes for a lot less boring broadcast when you get realistic views either way.So Joe you just keep doing the job you do. Second as far as the fans go, I thought we rocked the Cam Friday night. I know I did and even remember Joe mentioning it on the air because we had the bleachers shakin from all the foot stomping cheering on the defense especially. I for one could not hardly speak the next day from all the hollering I did.Just my two cents worth!

I thought the crowd was good. I noticed you up a lot and there was overall a lot of enthusiasm. I see the point of mrfootball too. After Belfry won their first state title, it was like "mission accomplished", and it is natural to have a letdown. But we have to remember this is the 5 year, yes 5 year, anniversary of the first title. Each year's team is different and deserves the same cheering that the other teams have gotten. I was pretty disappointed in the Russell crowd. I think they knew the writing was on the wall. The place needs to be packed for the SC game and nothing needs to be taken for granted.
bucslover68 Wrote:I thought the crowd was good. I noticed you up a lot and there was overall a lot of enthusiasm. I see the point of mrfootball too. After Belfry won their first state title, it was like "mission accomplished", and it is natural to have a letdown. But we have to remember this is the 5 year, yes 5 year, anniversary of the first title. Each year's team is different and deserves the same cheering that the other teams have gotten. I was pretty disappointed in the Russell crowd. I think they knew the writing was on the wall. The place needs to be packed for the SC game and nothing needs to be taken for granted.
Agreed
joethegreek Wrote:Football you are definately crazy. I have only picked against Belfry one time this year and it was against Johnson Central. And I do not kiss up to anybody. i thought that the crowd was very noisy Friday night. The reason why the numbers were down was due to the weather. I am sick and tired of hearing it from people if I don't pick Belfry to win every game all of a sudden I am a Belfry hater. That is absolutely stupid and idiotic.

Look at you getting into arguements on here with other Belfry fans, even after a big win! What a Belfry hater! I guess its true the only good thing ever come out of West Virginia was loaded coal trucks and Interstate 64!

Wink Smile Just giving you a hard time joethegreek...you have done more, or at least attempted to do more, for the Belfry program the most realize. Even though it can be argued all that you have given to Belfry has been offset with all you have eaten from the tailgates though. Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Look at you getting into arguements on here with other Belfry fans, even after a big win! What a Belfry hater! I guess its true the only good thing ever come out of West Virginia was loaded coal trucks and Interstate 64!

Wink Smile Just giving you a hard time joethegreek...you have done more, or at least attempted to do more, for the Belfry program the most realize. Even though it can be argued all that you have given to Belfry has been offset with all you have eaten from the tailgates though. Big Grin

He don't have to attend the tailgate... it will be carried to him!!! LOL... Especially his favorite.... #11's potato soup!!! :p

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Look at you getting into arguements on here with other Belfry fans, even after a big win! What a Belfry hater! I guess its true the only good thing ever come out of West Virginia was loaded coal trucks and Interstate 64!

Hey EKU, It looks like you went to Logan the way your spelling is sometimes. I am just playing with ya man. I gave you a shout out the other night; sorry it was late. You are right. Joe has done a lot for the program and the broadcasts. There is nobody else I would want to do the games with. He likes stirring things up, but he is honest through and through. BTW, if you come up to the press box on Friday, you can sit in with us a little bit and do some color commentary.

I think its healthy the ribbing he gives the fans. Helps remind "The Twelfth Man"that its not ok to get complacent. After all we'll need to show up again this Friday and I want to challenge all the fans to do just that! LETS ROCK THE CAMMMM!!!!!!!!
By the way PHS, Hunter is now bald.
I can't wait until I get to devour the potato soup.
I really do enjoy doing the games with Bobby. Hopefully shake and bake has three more games to broadcast as a duo.
cobra67 Wrote:By the way PHS, Hunter is now bald.

I KNOW you did not shave my baby's head!!! LOL... Poor little thing... he should have came to me... I would have let him keep some of that pretty brown hair!!!

joethegreek Wrote:I really do enjoy doing the games with Bobby. Hopefully shake and bake has three more games to broadcast as a duo.
I was thinking more like Thelma and Louise LMAO Just kidding.Smile
phs1986 Wrote:I KNOW you did not shave my baby's head!!! LOL... Poor little thing... he should have came to me... I would have let him keep some of that pretty brown hair!!!
No You know I couldn't do that. Just trying to get you stirred up LOL
cobra67 Wrote:No You know I couldn't do that. Just trying to get you stirred up LOL

You about had me there (stirred up)!!! LOL.... His hair is a "chic" magnet!!! Big Grin

phs1986 Wrote:You about had me there (stirred up)!!! LOL.... His hair is a "chic" magnet!!! Big Grin

Just like mine baby. Whooo!!!...Make sure everyone tunes in to the Sports Guys on Tuesday.
bucslover68 Wrote:Just like mine baby. Whooo!!!...Make sure everyone tunes in to the Sports Guys on Tuesday.

Like yours??? You GOTTA be kiddin me????

LMAO!!! :moon:

bucslover68 Wrote:Just like mine baby. Whooo!!!...Make sure everyone tunes in to the Sports Guys on Tuesday.
He gets it from me unless theres something I don't know:confused:
bucslover68 Wrote:I thought the crowd was good. I noticed you up a lot and there was overall a lot of enthusiasm. I see the point of mrfootball too. After Belfry won their first state title, it was like "mission accomplished", and it is natural to have a letdown. But we have to remember this is the 5 year, yes 5 year, anniversary of the first title. Each year's team is different and deserves the same cheering that the other teams have gotten. I was pretty disappointed in the Russell crowd. I think they knew the writing was on the wall. The place needs to be packed for the SC game and nothing needs to be taken for granted.

I'll be honest with you. I was really disappointed in both the Russell and Belfry Crowds.

Yes the Russell faithful may have seen the writing on the wall. But that is no excuse for not showing up and supporting your team. Win or lose. Shame on alot of them.

The Belfry crowd was not large either. There were alot of empty seats over there. Belfry brought a bigger crowd to Russell in 2005 than they had at home friday night.

I know it was cold and maybe both fan bases saw what was comming. The fans that were there for both sides I thought were enthusiastic. There just weren't many of them there. Personally I thought it was terrible and not worthy of two of the better programs in the state.
FBALL Wrote:I'll be honest with you. I was really disappointed in both the Russell and Belfry Crowds.

Yes the Russell faithful may have seen the writing on the wall. But that is no excuse for not showing up and supporting your team. Win or lose. Shame on alot of them.

The Belfry crowd was not large either. There were alot of empty seats over there. Belfry brought a bigger crowd to Russell in 2005 than they had at home friday night.

I know it was cold and maybe both fan bases saw what was comming. The fans that were there for both sides I thought were enthusiastic. There just weren't many of them there. Personally I thought it was terrible and not worthy of two of the better programs in the state.

You are right. I believe the cold kept a bunch inside. 05 was a huge crowd at Russell and it was a very cold night. BTW, I only commented on the Russell crowd because it was harder for me to see the Belfry side from up in the press box, but there was definitely some big holes with no one sitting in them
cobra67 Wrote:He gets it from me unless theres something I don't know:confused:

Nope.. he is dug straight outta your crack!!! HAHAHA....

I wanna be Thelma. Lol
Hey Fball who are the Red Devils playing this week? Lol
joethegreek Wrote:I wanna be Thelma. Lol
I'll give ya that one.Thelma was the hottest of the two LOL
lol
joethegreek Wrote:Hey Fball who are the Red Devils playing this week? Lol
Thats not funny.
FBALL Wrote:Thats not funny.
You would expect more from joethegeek.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
joethegreek Wrote:I really do enjoy doing the games with Bobby. Hopefully shake and bake has three more games to broadcast as a duo.

You gotta ask yourself why bucslover is wanting me to do some color... Big Grin

Smile
jgrubby Wrote:You would expect more from joethegeek.
OUCH!!!Smile
joethegreek Wrote:Hey Fball who are the Red Devils playing this week? Lol
Dang Joe You stepped in that one.Not sure we can pull you outta this one LOL
cobra67 Wrote:Dang Joe You stepped in that one.Not sure we can pull you outta this one LOL

Joe is feeling a little too frisky. His Logan Wildcats are about to begin basketball season and he can't stand it. He called me after he posted that and he was just kiddin, but all teams have been on the losing end and it is not fun, especially to programs like Russell and Belfry where the passion is so high.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next