Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
18.18%
Belfry Pirates
81.82%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry (3A 3rd Round)
you still in tn?are you guys having SPORTS GUYS tomorrow night?
I am back at work now. The Sports Guys will probably be on another night due to UK basketball. Andrew will decide the night that the show will air.
Cuppett the food was good in Tn
I saw my buddy Justin Holbrook at the Dixie Stampede. We were on the same time but different rows. The reason why our side lost was due to the fact that he dropped the han off of the candy cane at the end. lol
Justin got mad when the warm up band started playing rocky top
Belfry by 2 touchdowns.
I told Bobby that I might not be at the game Friday night. I might have to hold out. I read somewhere that the potato soup might not be at the CAM this week . I was going to use the soup as my gravy and put it over my food. Potato Soup ! Potato Soup ! Potato Soup !
joethegreek Wrote:I told Bobby that I might not be at the game Friday night. I might have to hold out. I read somewhere that the potato soup might not be at the CAM this week . I was going to use the soup as my gravy and put it over my food. Potato Soup ! Potato Soup ! Potato Soup !
Is Potato Soup the official food of the Pond Creek Nation?:lmao:
joethegreek Wrote:I told Bobby that I might not be at the game Friday night. I might have to hold out. I read somewhere that the potato soup might not be at the CAM this week . I was going to use the soup as my gravy and put it over my food. Potato Soup ! Potato Soup ! Potato Soup !

It'll be there if you want it there, I was just afraid it wouldn't be eaten 3 tailgates in a row. I've made dirt pie for every tailgate this year so why not potato soup again.
piratefan989 Wrote:Is Potato Soup the official food of the Pond Creek Nation?:lmao:

Come and try some, it's pretty good.
we're going to have to deal with the cheering problem.. its still quiet.. and the announcer don't need to be cheering
mrfootball03 Wrote:we're going to have to deal with the cheering problem.. its still quiet.. and the announcer don't need to be cheering

Lord why not? Everywhere I have went this year ( and I have been to ALL GAMES)... the announcer has cheered a couple of times. Honey, when you get into the game sometimes you just can't help yourself!!! :letsparty

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
mrfootball03 Wrote:we're going to have to deal with the cheering problem.. its still quiet.. and the announcer don't need to be cheering

I agree completely. Too many fans were missing this past Friday (I know it was cold) and what is the deal with the band not being there? When I was at Belfry, we didn't miss a game whether it was cold or not, and we went to ALL the games, not just the home games. I was really disappointed last week. My little section does not need an announcer telling us to cheer. We've never stopped...Rolleyes
belfry forever Wrote:I agree completely. Too many fans were missing this past Friday (I know it was cold) and what is the deal with the band not being there? When I was at Belfry, we didn't miss a game whether it was cold or not, and we went to ALL the games, not just the home games. I was really disappointed last week. My little section does not need an announcer telling us to cheer. We've never stopped...Rolleyes

I think the weather had a lot to do with it also. I expect a packed house this week and a vocal crowd. SC should bring it out in all the Pirate fans.
TongueirateSho Get It Done Belfry
This should be a laugher. Belfry big!!
I am taking the Pirates in this one, again. Belfry 42 SC 6

P.S. I think the Pond Creek Nation is really disappointed in the atmosphere at the last 2 playoff games. I understand it is cold but if you think you were cold imagine how the boys felt, (before they got pumped up and kicked some Red Devil tail Wink) The Belfry Fans need to step up and realize "THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!" These are times that Belfry Fans live for. Also, I do not understand why announcers on the radio, sit in the BELFRY pressbox and then predict them to lose. ;( I mean c'mon! If you think that fine but don't say it in THEIR pressbox then eat crow and kiss up when they win. I can't remember the other announcer's name but I know Bobby Norman is one of my favorites. His enthusiasm for the game and Pirates can get any one pumped and ready to go. A quick message to the Pirate Faithful before I end my rant, SHOW UP FRIDAY NIGHT! CHEER THESE BOYS ON! THEY WORK HARD EVERY FRIDAY AND DESERVE ONE NIGHT OF NON-STOP YELLING, SCREAMING, AND COWBELL! GO BELFRY!!!
footballcrazy08 Wrote:I am taking the Pirates in this one, again. Belfry 42 SC 6

P.S. I think the Pond Creek Nation is really disappointed in the atmosphere at the last 2 playoff games. I understand it is cold but if you think you were cold imagine how the boys felt, (before they got pumped up and kicked some Red Devil tail Wink) The Belfry Fans need to step up and realize "THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!" These are times that Belfry Fans live for. Also, I do not understand why announcers on the radio, sit in the BELFRY pressbox and then predict them to lose. ;( I mean c'mon! If you think that fine but don't say it in THEIR pressbox then eat crow and kiss up when they win. I can't remember the other announcer's name but I know Bobby Norman is one of my favorites. His enthusiasm for the game and Pirates can get any one pumped and ready to go. A quick message to the Pirate Faithful before I end my rant, SHOW UP FRIDAY NIGHT! CHEER THESE BOYS ON! THEY WORK HARD EVERY FRIDAY AND DESERVE ONE NIGHT OF NON-STOP YELLING, SCREAMING, AND COWBELL! GO BELFRY!!!
If they think they will get beat, they aren't a thing wrong with saying it. I mean people wants a honest opinion on the game, not a biased one. But its not often that either one of them predicts Belfry to lose, Joe did against Johnson Central, but I mean that was very reasonable. Both of them are calling for Belfry to go to state again.
Belfry by as many as Coach wants.
Belfry Wins Wrote:If they think they will get beat, they aren't a thing wrong with saying it. I mean people wants a honest opinion on the game, not a biased one. But its not often that either one of them predicts Belfry to lose, Joe did against Johnson Central, but I mean that was very reasonable. Both of them are calling for Belfry to go to state again.

I understand that honestly I do. But he should support whomever he announces for including West Va. teams. But this thread is not about announcing it was just something I wanted to mention. Go Pirates!Cool
BELFRY FOR SURE [SIZE=3]we gave thim a decent game at the Rock.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]But when you come to [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]POND CREEK... EXPECT A SHUTOUT
:Skull03: [SIZE=7]GO PIRATES !!! :Skull03:
#1 Belfry Pirates 12-0 (4-0)

TongueirateSku 2008 District Champions! TongueirateSku

:devilflam BEAT Sheldon Clark !!!:devilflam
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Belfry by 7
Belfry Wins Wrote:If they think they will get beat, they aren't a thing wrong with saying it. I mean people wants a honest opinion on the game, not a biased one. But its not often that either one of them predicts Belfry to lose, Joe did against Johnson Central, but I mean that was very reasonable. Both of them are calling for Belfry to go to state again.

Joe did pick Johnson Central, and it was a good, legitimate pick. He was wrong, Ha Ha, but there is nothing wrong with being honest. For the record, Joe had Belfry last week and has Belfry favored this week. Joe accuses Bobby of being a "homer:, but that is not entirely true. In the last 4 years, Bobby has picked against Belfry one time. That was the the 2005 Ironton game. Bobby has also had one "homer" pick during that time. That was picking Belfry in the 2004 CAM opener against Henry Clay. HC was a big favorite, but with all the excitement, well... Believe me folks, Joe is squarely on the Pirate ship. He gets frustrated, like a lot of us do, at the complacency that creeps into the fans sometimes. When it all comes down to it at the end, Belfry has two announcers who love the Pirates and applaud them and the other team when they do well, and criticize in a mild, constructive manner, when they play bad or make mistakes.
footballcrazy08 Wrote:I understand that honestly I do. But he should support whomever he announces for including West Va. teams. But this thread is not about announcing it was just something I wanted to mention. Go Pirates!Cool

You are right, this thread is not about the announcing or announcers, but it is ok to voice your opinion, and you have legitimite thoughts and a change of pace to the thread was good.
Belfry by a bunch.
I'd say this game will be similar to the belfry and russell game. By the looks of it, i believe it could be a rematch of last year-Belfry and Lou Central for 3A title!
Football you are definately crazy. I have only picked against Belfry one time this year and it was against Johnson Central. And I do not kiss up to anybody. i thought that the crowd was very noisy Friday night. The reason why the numbers were down was due to the weather. I am sick and tired of hearing it from people if I don't pick Belfry to win every game all of a sudden I am a Belfry hater. That is absolutely stupid and idiotic.
I support all of the teams that I broadcast for. I state my opinion if I think a team is going to lose. Hey I am a radical Logan basketball and baseball fan, but you know what ?I am the first one to admit if they are goin g to lose. So crazy you think you know me , but you don't. I definately support all of the local teams.
phs1986 Wrote:Lord why not? Everywhere I have went this year ( and I have been to ALL GAMES)... the announcer has cheered a couple of times. Honey, when you get into the game sometimes you just can't help yourself!!! :letsparty

Because it is unprofessional for an announcer to cheer. Its just in bad taste. Its one thing to be partial to the home team. But to actually say, "come on lets help the cheerleaders, give me a B". Thats the cheerleaders job, not the announcers. Thats way overboard. I can understand having more enthusiam when announcing Belfry players, or when a play is made that favors the Pirates.

And about the cheering from the fans during the Russell game, it had nothing to do with how many people were there. Just look at the people there, almost 90% are sitting down, including the non-existant student cheering section now.

3rd and shorts, 4th and goals, alot of Pirate fans just spectating.. its dissapointing, and its nothing compared to what it used to be.
joethegreek Wrote:I support all of the teams that I broadcast for. I state my opinion if I think a team is going to lose. Hey I am a radical Logan basketball and baseball fan, but you know what ?I am the first one to admit if they are goin g to lose. So crazy you think you know me , but you don't. I definately support all of the local teams.
First of all I'd like to say that this is one fan who appreciates your honesty when it comes to picking Belfry or the other team as long as it is justifiable. That makes for a lot less boring broadcast when you get realistic views either way.So Joe you just keep doing the job you do. Second as far as the fans go, I thought we rocked the Cam Friday night. I know I did and even remember Joe mentioning it on the air because we had the bleachers shakin from all the foot stomping cheering on the defense especially. I for one could not hardly speak the next day from all the hollering I did.Just my two cents worth!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next