Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 62 - Harlan County 34
With Haddix playing at 100% that spells trouble for "All you have to do is stop Fugate" believers.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Looks like your forgetting the WIDE OPEN drop for a TD by #80 just before the half that would have given US another score.Can't go on COULDA'.

The Black Bears dropped one in the endzone, another time going for the TD fumbled on the 1 yard line, and again in the red zone threatening to score(10 yard line) threw an interception and thats when Fugatte took over and took us out. It was amazing how quickly the game went from 34-33 Bears deep in the 3rd qtr to 62-34. Proud of the Harlan County Black Bears!!!!
P.C.Defense Wrote:With Haddix playing at 100% that spells trouble for "All you have to do is stop Fugate" believers.

When the Bears stopped Fugate they were winning, even though Haddix was hitting the spot, we were up. At some point in the
4th quarter I sat down and poured a cup of coffee and when I looked up Fugate had scored 4 TD's. He's for real!

Proud of the Black Bears! Played with alot of heart and gave great effort this time around. The score doesn't reflect what a great game this was to watch.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Looks like your forgetting the WIDE OPEN drop for a TD by #80 just before the half that would have given US another score.Can't go on COULDA'.

Yes that is very true. 80 dropped one with few secods left in the half that would have tied it. Breathitt scored first in the second half and was matched by Harlan Co. Then Breathitts defense settled down and one of the biggest explosion of points I have seen followed, and against a good Harlan team. Fugate over 350 yards, Breathitt hitting fade routes, except one in the first half, went from close to over withine 5 minutes. Breathitts defense never looked settled in the first half, they were never set before the snap of the ball, looked very confused. Second half, totally opposite, they were set, after the first drive and shut down Harlan. If Breathitt starts off slow against Estill it could be a bad night for the Bobcats. Being a rematch and know each other, look for both teams to be set in offense and defense and a HECK of a game next week in Jackson.
Good Game, would have been a Great game had the Black Bears pulled this it out. Would love to have those two turnovers and dropped pass back you can't make mistakes like that and win. The Bears played hard Fugate just wore them down and they let their emotions get to them at the end but I for one always like to see some fire. Just wonder where it was at midway through the 3rd quarter. GREAT 1st season cannot wait for the years to come. Go Black Bears!
Its amazing how Channing can change a game so qucikly. He is a true game changer. I think he has proven that he IS the best back in EKY and has to be up there with the best backs in the STATE and he is just a junior! If you could look into the future I would hate to see what he does next year.
C.Clair Wrote:Its amazing how Channing can change a game so qucikly. He is a true game changer. I think he has proven that he IS the best back in EKY and has to be up there with the best backs in the STATE and he is just a junior! If you could look into the future I would hate to see what he does next year.

I don't know a back that is better than him this year, IMO. He is a beast. And I agree, he can change a game so quick.
Breathitt and Estill will be a war, Too close to call.
This game showed alot of determination for both teams. On Harlan Co. side redemption and for Breathitt execution at a crucial time. The Black Bears showed alot of what we may see in the future and the Bobcats showed why they own their reputation.
P.C.Defense Wrote:With Haddix playing at 100% that spells trouble for "All you have to do is stop Fugate" believers.

He looked good v/s Harlan. Threw the ball with descent accuracy. They threw it alot. More than we were expecting. That opens up a new can of worms for other teams don't it? You should have joined us last night P.C. "D". You were right though. It was COLD....
i knew harlan couldnt overcome that much of a beating the 1st game to win this one..
cuppett777 Wrote:i knew harlan couldnt overcome that much of a beating the 1st game to win this one..

Did you watch this game cup pet?
Harlan Co. showed us Friday night what they were made of, they came out strong. They were in that ballgame right up until the 4th quarter. Breathitt is a good ball club, I don't think anyone will deny that. Good luck to them in the rest of the playoffs. Fugate is for real, I hope to see him play on Saturdays in the coming years.
Now it's time for our bears to start preparing for next season. I hope Coach Larkey get's the weight program started soon, our kids have got to get stronger. We have the size and speed we need at all the positions, strength is what we need.

GREAT Season Bears, I have enjoyed every minute of it!!! Can't wait for next year. I want to say how proud I am of all the Harlan County Fans for coming together and supporting this group of young men. They will always have a special place in our hearts as the
"First Black Bear Football Team".
Love ya Bears!!:Thumbs:
Fugate is the real deal. Seemed as just Harlan Co layed down and quit about midway through the 3rd quarter. They started letting Fugate do his thing and after he got started, they was no stoping that beast. Congrats Breathitt.
The Breathitt Fugate's Have to play a pretty good Estill team now, lets see if they can shut down the Fugates.
Lets go Breathitt Fugates
I dont understand why people hate on Channing so much. Channing is a good kid, I guess its out of jeliousy.
C.Clair Wrote:I dont understand why people hate on Channing so much. Channing is a good kid, I guess its out of jeliousy.

I don't think they're necessarily hating on Channing. They're actually complementing him. If anything, i'd say they're hating on the rest of the team.
ecqb8 Wrote:I don't think they're necessarily hating on Channing. They're actually complementing him. If anything, i'd say they're hating on the rest of the team.
The rest of the Bobcats will have to share the load if the Cats are going to beat Estill....It will take a team effort and the team knows this I am sure....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

bobcatfan22 Wrote:Fugate is the real deal. Seemed as just Harlan Co layed down and quit about midway through the 3rd quarter. They started letting Fugate do his thing and after he got started, they was no stoping that beast. Congrats Breathitt.

You got that right!! They were able to keep him off balance the first half. Hats off to Channing, he did his thing in the 2nd half. I'm still proud of the bears for such a great effort and a much better showing in this game than in the first meeting.

Good luck Breathitt!!